Videogame Theater: Q-Bert, Part 1: Hello. My Name is Friend.

Pages PREV 1 2

I don't even need to watch this anymore to know it will suck.

Thank you for saving me several minutes.

Harry Tatcher:
It doesn't exist as an Aristotelian essence.

Pseudo-intellectualism doesn't suit you, Harry

I'm not sure of the logic behind using kid humor (which appeals to kids) on obscure video games only adults know about (which appeals to adults). Where was the humor part of that episode, did I miss it?

i have trouble deciding what is worse between this and de-rez

So....it's been a month and there hasn't been a new episode of VGT released on the Escapist. I'm curious. Does that mean it's finally over?

I must say i find most things funny, you don't have to work at it. nut sometimes you just fail, this is an example of such.

also I'm pretty sure it has been stopped...for now.

This was the first time I've watched this, and my judgment is; it's pretty weak.

Pacing was terrible. The editing was sloppy. The 'man throws syringe' joke is older than anyone on this forum, as it was being done in Bugs Bunny cartoons, only with booze, and it wasn't executed with any vigor to make the joke interesting. The acting was lamentable-only Pitfall Harry seemed engaged at all. The MiB guys going their best 'Gargamel' at the end of the chase was pathetic.

I just don't see another reason to try it again.

is....it..finally over or are they creating something....worse.................

It's been nearly 2 months! I think we've won!

I hope their still doing the show!

It was just starting to get good; just need more of that muppet girl

Please stop.

OK, their gone, good, VIDEO GAME THEATRE WAS WORSE THAN ANY UWE BOLL MOVIE.

Wow. You guys really are a bunch of jerks. Just because something doesn't hit on the mainstream of humor, it's the worst thing ever? I would actually be willing to compare the series to "Frazier" yeah, it's not the slap-you-in-the-face tell-you-the-world's-funniest-joke total-utter-fanboy thingymajig out there but consider this - Puppetry is hard. These guys didn't just buy those dolls at a store, they were carefully designed and created and if you cannot look for the good in something that someone out there has worked so hard on then why do you not get on the stage and do it better yourself?

songnar:
Wow. You guys really are a bunch of jerks. Just because something doesn't hit on the mainstream of humor, it's the worst thing ever? I would actually be willing to compare the series to "Frazier" yeah, it's not the slap-you-in-the-face tell-you-the-world's-funniest-joke total-utter-fanboy thingymajig out there but consider this - Puppetry is hard. These guys didn't just buy those dolls at a store, they were carefully designed and created and if you cannot look for the good in something that someone out there has worked so hard on then why do you not get on the stage and do it better yourself?

It's not that we hated it because it wasn't mainstream, we hated it because it bored half of us to death.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here