Zero Punctuation: Age of Conan

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Zero Punctuation: Age of Conan

This week, Yahtzee dons the loincloth and fuzzy, horned hat to review Age of Conan.

Ah that was awesome. Some unussually abstract jokes. Well done yahtzee.

Sweet video.
As usal

Ahh, i see you've finally oiled up your theighs. Still don't like the opening and ending, though.

These comments are proof than mankind is retarded and that we are all going to die.

Brilliant

Another good review! If I played MMORPGs at all, I'd join in your quest to create an all-nude server.

Aww, but I miss the mini-reviews at the end! And your sweet hat.

would not surprise me in the slightest if he did manage to get an all-nude server on the go :P

I personally enjoyed the bubble imp the best.

I hope you all are ready to be banned...
Anyway I liked it, but you seriously went the whole game without armour and weren't hurt?

Nice. I might check this game out, seeing as I enjoy WoW.

David_Cat:
This is going to rock! As usual

Are you telling me you made this post even before you watched it?

I have to admit, I was disappointed this was not an E3 bash as that would have been funny, but some interesting "MMO's are not THAT bad" lines are revealing Yahtzee little by little more. Interesting review.

That one was really funny. I agree with everything that was said.

One thing I firmly believe is the only MMORPG that will ever overthrow WoW will be another MMO made by Blizzard, the company who made WoW. And with 2 MMO's not Warcraft or Diablo related in the works. My money is on World of Starcraft.

ROfl nice one....like usual!

Less powerfully ranty, more straight up review, a bit of a change up for once. All the comments were well founded though and now I probably won't play AOC... except maybe to play Bustina the Great Whoremonger or something like that.

Yahtzee it's exactly what I do in all freaking MMORRRPEEGEES, can't believe the sheer head crushing numbers of nerd fags hitting on me with emoticons, Lovely review though, oiled your theighs?

oldmeme:
I have to admit, I was disappointed this was not an E3 bash as that would have been funny, but some interesting "MMO's are not THAT bad" lines are revealing Yahtzee little by little more. Interesting review.

Yahtzees been seeming not himself lately. Like in the MGS4 series, he criticized redundant stories. HIM! The creator of the Chzo series!

Maple Story never wanted to be WoW

So is he going to get fired now because he gave the game that sponsors the page a bad review? (Cough, gamespot)

Spinwhiz:

David_Cat:

Yes, that is why I said "This is GOING to rock" rather that "This DOES rock"

haha nice one dude :)
I never really go into the Hipe we had here in the Uk about Age of Conan? oh well ..

Thinderella: The Necromantic Naturist
Didn't see that one coming :)

I definitely have to agree with the necromancer sentiment. Stupid minions take up too much screen space. IMO, AoC got released without enough play testing. Or with beta testers who were (to quote Yahtzee) Pants-on-head-retarded. NEEDS MORE MINIONS. WHO WANTS STRONGER MINIONS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE MOAR?

After the comment about AoC a few videos back, I really wasn't expecting this one. I enjoyed it, although I don't think it was one of the best (reviews).

Funny to see this when The Escapist is fully skinned in Age of Conan ads... Decent review, but could have torn it to shreds more. I guess it would end up as general MMO bashing though, which while enjoyable has already been done.

David_Cat:

Spinwhiz:

David_Cat:

Which is why you are now going to be banned. Good bye!

Funny funny funny, as always. And your dead on about MMORPG's. I dont hate them either, playing them can be fun when your in the right mind-set. But I do hate how they treat their players, WoW has stolen some of my dearest friends away from not only me, but their familys and girlfriends aswell.

Cheers Yahtzee

Goenitz:
Funny funny funny, as always. And your dead on about MMORPG's. I dont hate them either, playing them can be fun when your in the right mind-set. But I do hate how they treat their players, WoW has stolen some of my dearest friends away from not only me, but their familys and girlfriends aswell.

Cheers Yahtzee

Don't blame the game mate. I played wow more than was good for me, and you can't blame the game, the only one to blame is your own weak will.

Aries_Split:

David_Cat:

Spinwhiz:

David_Cat:

Which is why you are now going to be banned. Good bye!

Well, if one gets banned on these forums for predicting that a feature is Going To Rock, then by all means ban me.

After this i'm really waiting for a good smackdown of EVE from Yahtzee. Or a loving. I don't know... Would be interesting to see nonetheless.

AoC was a very strange experience... It was trying to make the gameplay into something it's not, and that wore me out after just a week or 2 of casual (!) play. WoW is simply better at it, it doesn't try to hide it.

Funny as always. ^_^

For my part, there's only one MMO that I have really had time for, namely EVE Online. AoC completely failed to grab my attention at all, and from the looks of this review that state of affairs won't be changing any time soon.

I wonder if there's a way to design an MMO that encourages actual intelligent behaviour in its players? It'd be the breakthrough of all time...

And honestly, I'd prefer Yahtzee didn't review EVE. He might not like it, and then I'd have to battle the urge to write and patiently explain all its good points. I don't want to be one of those people.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here