E3 2008: I Still Don't Get PlayStation Home

E3 2008: I Still Don't Get PlayStation Home

Jack Tretton promises that PlayStation Home will be worth the wait, but after taking a tour of Sony's virtual world, I still just don't get it.

Read Full Article

I agree in that personally I don't see the mass appeal of it however the market has the previous example of second life which is doing pretty well for itself, and this is just a Sony version of second life and I think for that reason alone it'll do pretty well.

Skrapt:
I agree in that personally I don't see the mass appeal of it however the market has the previous example of second life which is doing pretty well for itself, and this is just a Sony version of second life and I think for that reason alone it'll do pretty well.

But do you really see the Second Life audience intersecting with the PS3 audience? I sure don't.

i think that sonys home on the ps3 is pretty good,,,altho it has been used many time before

At first it's going to be awesome, you know like how the Wii seemed amazing when they showed off the motion controls (sorry, i shouldn't make this a console bashing thread) but then later on it's going to lose its appeal slightly and just be a cool niche.

That's not to say that I am not blatantly excited for HOME, I can't wait until it's out so me and my friends can play some Resistance 2 while still keeping in touch together.

Yeah, I'm not knocking it either....it does 'look' cool, but as far as practical, I'm just not sure about it. Like the author stated, why would I buy a gaming console to look at advertising in a virtual world at virtual Nike's?

I buy a console to play games. It just sounds like organizing a game and recruiting people is going to a lot of work. Why would I want to do this in a virtual bar when I have the same option in the game itself and just 'host'.

I predict it will be much like WoW chat channels....full of spam about joing guilds no once cares about, crass juvenile humor.

If I wanted to plays Sims or Second Life, wouldn't I just buy those to play? If I want to play Uncharted, I insert disc and play and invite people or join. What need is there for me to go to a bar and go through all this other stuff?

I believe it will be fun hagin withh your friends and playing wat seem 2 be mini games, it is practicly like sims. But we will have 2 see wat it brings 2 the gaming fans like myself. I find it stupid how nike wants a piece of the action. wat will there booth be making shoes LOL. :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here