Unforgotten Realms: Episode Six: WTB Ogre Slaying Knife

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

That was awesome.

I particularly enjoyed all the awesomeness.

Awesome that totally rocked and the blowing the dice was hilarious and here I was thinking rob was never gonna cheat. loved the yugi part as well and that fight was great turn based montage was wicked.

What was the sins of the forgotten thing about though and the pain rob got?? Can't wait now for next episode!

fantastic and damn you for the unfogoten sins teaser!
the episodes are getting better and better i alwyas look forward to seeing this!!

Spoilers Galore in this comment, so if you haven't seen the episode, don't read it, although I really don't know why you'd check the comments first, but I thought I'd warn.

Much much better then your last couple, although of course, they were good, but not really up to your old standards.

I REALLY enjoyed this one though, I found myself laughing really hard when he cast flare out of his ass, and the line "We're going to totem pole it mike, like how the indians beat the cowboys in world war 2"... I rofl'd pretty hard at that.

I'm a little worried about shmoopy's chest pain, and intriqued about the ending.. It was interesting for it not to end on a plot cliff hanger, as they all have so far, but I definately didn't want to see them put off killing the ogre until 2 weeks from now.

Also, enlarging Petey to use him as a shield? PERFECT! another real LOL moment. As funny as it is that Shmoopy is a wolf, I really hope he gets his real body back soon... he's just not the same if he's not a totally kickass dual numchuck wielding Abraham Lincoln.

and yes, I know I mispelled nunchaku :P

Though I thoroughly enjoyed all the awesomeness, it lost points for not thinking the new Batman movie was great.

"I will not be defeated!" *blow* lol
that was a great episode, lots of funny things and interesting teasers...

Ogre sound for the win!

great episode

wow the last one had me thinking these were clutching at straws, but this was vastly entertaining.

This has been my favourite of the episodes since the second one. I did like how it continued from another episode and stuck to that plot point, but that is not to say that I did not enjoy the really random episodes.

OGRE SOUND!

Dude that episode was epic.
I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED, (pfffff)
Keep them comming :)

3.5/5
Exciting, but little plot. The turn based montage was funny though.

it was ok but i liked the other episodes better :P

Heh. Pretty good, but I personally liked earlier ones a bit better.

Highlight of this episode: OGRESOUND!!!

And I have no freaking clue why.

I noticed that Petey would only get healed by 5 when he would get hit by 6 XD

But then near the end of the battle, I figured out that everybody healed him at once.

Good job!

Only you, Rob. Only you can take the lamest strategy ever and make it EPIC. If I wore a hat, it would be off to you. :)

I'm going to count down to every Unforgotten Realms episode and soon enough, Fallout 3 will be here and Darfur will be the best place to live right next to the U.S.A.. Great episode.

Great as Always, Keep it up.

Your getting better Rob. This was awesomeness beyond your normal work. Keep it up Monamey.

classic!

I don't see why this episode is so popular, or why people are hating on episode 5. I personally thought that what made this good were all the random jokes. It's okay to have some plot, battles, etc. but only to advance the comedy. Most of the episode was really just to resolve the ogre battle, too much nitty gritty 'this is what we need to do' stuff as opposed to 4's 'some jokes, then plan c'. That's not to say this episode was bad, and maybe I'd like it better if I actually did some tabletop gaming, but I hope he sticks with his original form.
Also, when's Roamin coming back? Him and Gary left me in hysterics for at least a week.

That video was hilarious! "Ogre Sounds". Does anyone know how to put urealms onto an iPod?

Swords of Light is a spell card....

"What was the point of that?" "To increace his size dumbass." lol the obvious.

"Now Petey, eat us!" WTH was all I could think.

But the best line was "Isn't it obvious, the Ogre's Balls are resistant to magic."

Chest pain, uh oh. Also, it's nice to see a bit of a coherant plot forming. I don't mind new things hapening, as long as other things happen. Now I just have to wait for the next episode...start the waiting montage!

personally i think its one of your best episodes! great job!

Pretty funny episode, but I have to say that it was kind of spoiled for me when Rob started saying stuff like "What f*ggotry is this?" or just directly calling Mike a f*g. It was one thing when he was just generally teasing him about such things (along the lines of "I figured you'd like being inside another guy", etc.), although even that was a bit overdone... but does anyone else find it just annoying that we are just busting out with totally offensive terms as if they were just good comedy? The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.

ohjeez:
The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.

Really? Than you, my friend, suck. Why is it that nobody can be made fun of except for white christians? If your going to cry about how gays are treated unfairly, you can kiss my ass. I know gay people, I like gay people (not like that), and I think you trying to act as a shield for all of their woes is more insulting than anything UR could possibly say. Are you going to start protecting wizards from Rob too? (They're out there!)

Rogue 09:

ohjeez:
The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.

Really? Than you, my friend, suck. Why is it that nobody can be made fun of except for white christians? If your going to cry about how gays are treated unfairly, you can kiss my ass. I know gay people, I like gay people (not like that), and I think you trying to act as a shield for all of their woes is more insulting than anything UR could possibly say. Are you going to start protecting wizards from Rob too? (They're out there!)

pluse some guys actually do talk like that irl. And thought it fit robs charater to be
honest.

Anyway, thought last episode was funnier, but this one is still top notch.
"ok, petey spit us out"
"No wait you moron!"

ohjeez:

If you are honestly offended by a gay joke for whatever reason then don't watch the show because the Rob character does them to annoy Mike and for comic relief and to a lot of people they are funny. Do I have a problem with French people because of Jacques poor french too? Or maybe I'm racist that the only Black person is Gaary! Wait no I am racist because there's no Mexicans in this show!

Oh wait it's just a humorous cartoon, not a seriously stand point of my personal views. Stop nitpicking every little thing.

im sorry but this episode kinda seemed like filler

SirSchmoopy:

ohjeez:

If you are honestly offended by a gay joke for whatever reason then don't watch the show because the Rob character does them to annoy Mike and for comic relief and to a lot of people they are funny.

Like I said, it was not so much the generalized teasing, which is funny (to a point... until it becomes the only thing Rob ever says to Mike...?) No, it's more the actual word "fag" which is too harsh. Like, the fact that the only black character is a rapping pimp? Not really a problem, since it's a funny character. But if one of the characters started calling him a "coon" or a "junglebunny" (or the N-word, but that's like a rap term unto itself at this point)-- not so funny. That's all I was trying to say.

I figured that there would be an anti-PC backlash to my comment, but my point is not to say that any kind of joking about this stuff is bad. You're right, that would be boring. It's just that... there are limits beyond which you're just being really disrespectful and nasty. Maybe y'all just draw that line somewhere else.

Ok I'm a straight guy but I come from Brighton the gay capital of europe, alot of my freinds are gay, I lived with a gay guy for a while and this saturday I will be going with them to gay pride yet when the pc doesn't work or something I'll still sometimes say stuff like "bah it's being gay!" and i'll say it in front of them, hell sometimes I'm border line out of order with the gay gags (much, much, much worse than Rob) but they don't have a problem with it because it's just a bit of banter so why should you?

Anyway apart from that great episode and keep them coming.

Hmm although fag or faggot is a harsh word im with mr moran on this on. They are harsh words but in the right context its just entertainment and rob has been calling mike a fag since season 0 its his character.

ohjeez:
Pretty funny episode, but I have to say that it was kind of spoiled for me when Rob started saying stuff like "What f*ggotry is this?" or just directly calling Mike a f*g. It was one thing when he was just generally teasing him about such things (along the lines of "I figured you'd like being inside another guy", etc.), although even that was a bit overdone... but does anyone else find it just annoying that we are just busting out with totally offensive terms as if they were just good comedy? The coolness factor of Unforgotten Realms is way down for me now that I realize that the creator actually has a pretty derogatory attitude towards gay people.

If the word fag bothers you so much then just don't watch the show. When the Rob character goes to insult Mike, he is going to insult his sexuality. That is what he does, changing it would be changing his character. He isn't insulting the gays, he is insulting Mike. If you honestly think the word "fag" goes beyond what the boundaries then you don't even know the bad words yet. When your a 16 year old boy in high school, you insult your friends sexuality. Thats the character, thats the show. You take that away, you take something out of the show. It is a fantastic way to have Rob purposely break out of character when I want to change a scene.

This isn't exactly a show for the kiddies but I'm not going to drop the big swear bombs either as I don't feel they fit. I have no problem with gay jokes as I don't really find them offensive but if you do then just don't watch the show. Sorry.

palmcrusher:
im sorry but this episode kinda seemed like filler

....crap he's right! The only relevent plot points are that they should level up now and Rob has chest pains. Could have been done in half the time, especialy if you cut down the montage. I didn't even realize it untill I read that!

In terms of how far the plot moved and clearly defined rules this was not the best episode.

In its defence i will say this- When a TPK seems likely, you do what you gotta do. ((this needs to be on a t-shirt))

Now, as for the character interaction and how they are acting together effectivly in the game world, i think this is the episode that finaly makes them a real adventuring party.

Also, you (the maker/s) are good at making use of things mentioned before, like you did with the explosion runes. Just wanted to get that in.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here