Zero Punctuation: The E3 Trailer Park

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

The E3 Trailer Park

Yahtzee gives a rundown on the biggest titles and announcements from E3 2008.

Watch Video

Looks like it will be interesting this year *cough* Yay for sequels... e.e Thanks!

Sweet video as normal ^^.

God damn it E3. As interesting as you are, why do you now suck so hard?

Brilliant. Makes staying up till 12 at night totally worth it.

OI, PAY ATTENTION!

Thanks for the informative round up of trailers for games I don't care about. It only reinforces my not-caring-ness.

That was hilariousas usual. and it had some jokes from the recent episode of australian gamer podcast yahtzee was on where they talked about E3 :P

Good job Yahtzee. I have to confess that I've long since followed your advice to pretend that everything will be shit and then let it surprise you. The "wake-up" segment was clever and surprising as well.

E3 was a joke.. Can;'t believe what you said about PoP.. It looks fantastic, purely thanks to it taking a page from Assassins Creed, the animations no longer looking stiff and icky.

Gears of War 2 is something I am also.. Meh about. Certainly a great video this around, I was crying with laughter at the white women dipped in tea bit.

The video isn't loading at all for me. When I click play it says 0:00/0:00.

No one has any faith in Fallout 3, it seems.

well... I really liked what he said about Gears Of War 2... :)

Wonderful as always. Also, thank you for destroying my hopes and dreams here and now so that at least I won't have wasted money on them.

Fantastic as usual Yahtzee.

Sequels galore.

I .. I'm looking forward for FF13. ._.; and versus xiii whenever THAT comes out.

EDIT: Actually sod it, good review, about time the front page wasn't spoiled...

Gotta love the irony in declaring angst-syndrome in Prince of Persia while doing the same thing with your intro themesong!

On another note; I'm gonna use that *clap clap OI* sample as my default msn sound.

Oh, Yahtzee. Making the easy Star Wars Episode III dig. I guess that's why we love you. Why did not one but me like Episode III?

Yahtzee might at least have mentioned how they emasculated E3 in recent years, which is why all the good stuff jumped ship and the companies only made halfhearted efforts towards it the past couple years.

Awesome!

*clap* *clap* OI!

No love for Mirror's Edge? Not to say one game completely makes up for these things, but it certainly looks the least bad (or "good" if you prefer). I mean, platformers were great, now we have what looks like a great FPPlatformer.

But what got me the most was the Wii's "re-release", with the REAL Wiimote and that 1:1 sword fighting game that was advertised by a "cool guy" dressed all in white since before the Wii came out. So Nintendo is finally delivering on their launch promises.

assume everything's shit until it proves itself otherwise.

wonder what good non-sequels are coming out soon.

Lots more angst than usual in this one.

Also loved the "clapping." Really woke me up! Oi!

The theory of cynicism at the end is pretty much what I've adopted. If you prepare for the worst, and the worst comes, you were right. If the best comes, it's a pleasant and welcome surprise!

What, no mention of Fat Princess? I was waiting for it all video.

Nice to see Yahtzee his usual curmudgeonly self. Oh, except that the Fallout 3 feature he talked about is something you can choose to turn on or off. Turn it on and its evocative of a turn-based combat system from the original two games. Turn it off and it's like any other FPS. No cutscenes necessary.

LOL!

*Clap Clap!* OI!

Which has been said by 5 other people as of yet.

Lead us to the promised land.

Nice one, loved the star wars bit.

Clap Clap OI! XD

DanRSL:
No love for Mirror's Edge? Not to say one game completely makes up for these things, but it certainly looks the least bad (or "good" if you prefer). I mean, platformers were great, now we have what looks like a great FPPlatformer.

You didn't read the bit he put in the credits?

DanRSL:
No love for Mirror's Edge?

Watch the credits. It gets a slightly better mention than Gears of War 2.

I actualy think that the this falls lineup of games is nothing short of 100% awesome, but Yahtzee hit comedy gold again. God bless you even if your mindset is one I refuse to adopt.

Also, the Sigur Ros music in the Prince of Persia trailer was awesome. ;)

It wont play for me what the hell?!

Awesome video. I haven't laughed this much since the Lego Indy one, bravo!

CrossLOPER:
No one has any faith in Fallout 3, it seems.

Outside of NMA you mean? Because outside of "ABANDON ALL HOPE!" Yahtzee-man, non-NMA Fallout fans are pretty much looking forward to this game.

I think I was just as disappointed at E3 as you were... though I will admit I'm excited to play some of the sequels. I totally agree that something original would be nice. I would play a game about a french chef riding a stick insect that wields a gun that shoots velociraptors. That sounds fucking awesome.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67365)