Stolen Pixels #9: A Server Is a Way of Life

Stolen Pixels #9: A Server Is a Way of Life

If you really want to know what someone's like, explains Shamus Young in this edition of Stolen Pixels, you need look no further than their chosen World of Warcraft server.

lol, good one Shamus. Are we onto a new game on Thursday?

Yeah. I actually have some more WoW strips, but I think we need to give them a break for a bit.

Hehe... don't worry, WoW can take a lot of stabs... it's so crappy it just calls for it :D .

That said RP is a big problem no matter if in-game, chats, forums or any other places people can gather. It has nothing in common with DnD or the original pen and paper stuff and resembles more a reunion of bored undergraduates trying be funny... while failing at it completely.

And yeah... MMO-RPG is a sort of miscarriage in game development. RPG is okay if played single player... could also be fun if played CoOp but if you let thousands of chimpanzees ( to use your wording in this case ) loose on each other it's not bearable anymore. Kinda interested to see if MMORPGs eventually get mature and turn into something playable... but maybe I have my hopes to high there.

Verily, thou canst forsooth.

I bashed the living piss out of people who RPed on my non-RP PvP servers. Cause I'm a jerk and bully. note "bashed". I quit. Taunting people is only fun for so long.

My Druid is on an RP server (since that's where my friends rolled), and ... well, not a lot of RP goes on either way. I actually sort of respect the people who I see making an effort to keep RP up when a lot of people don't.

RP-PvP is just ... interesting.

CantFaketheFunk:
My Druid is on an RP server (since that's where my friends rolled), and ... well, not a lot of RP goes on either way. I actually sort of respect the people who I see making an effort to keep RP up when a lot of people don't.

RP-PvP is just ... interesting.

Really? I rolled on an rp server because my friends all rolled there as well but I hate anyone and everyone who rps there...mainly the entire population of Goldshire alliance side. I can just stand in Goldshire for 5 minutes and max out my ignore list.

I love you.

(Although I do play on an RP-PVP server)

Best server-type rundown I've ever read. Carry on, please.

Hrrrrm...I'm gonna come in hard on the side of RP now.

What is the problem between PVP and RP? Granted one works on speed and the other on deliberate movement; but hey, people have to learn somewhere and we all started with teenage angst.

I'm mildly miffed that people think that saying "Forsooth" (Which we only tend to do if we're mocking ourselves) is SO much more terrible than tea-bagging someone 49 levels below them.

Seriously, less of the RP hate. It's not needed; and to nab a cliche, if it wasn't for RP, there wouldn't be a MMORPG.

It's getting harder and harder to find a place where you can actually RP online without being taken as a some no-life retard.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Hrrrrm...I'm gonna come in hard on the side of RP now.

What is the problem between PVP and RP? Granted one works on speed and the other on deliberate movement; but hey, people have to learn somewhere and we all started with teenage angst.

I'm mildly miffed that people think that saying "Forsooth" (Which we only tend to do if we're mocking ourselves) is SO much more terrible than tea-bagging someone 49 levels below them.

Seriously, less of the RP hate. It's not needed; and to nab a cliche, if it wasn't for RP, there wouldn't be a MMORPG.

It's getting harder and harder to find a place where you can actually RP online without being taken as a some no-life retard.

^I agree with this post^

I roleplay quite a bit on Sentinels, there's a nice amount of RP there, and really, not many assholes.

I gotta say, why do people always over exaggerate RP? We don't all speak in old english. Infact, we laugh at the ones who do ;)

Been going through all of the comics, and I loved this one. :)

Once again we've managed to isolate exactly why I don't play MMO's aside from the fact that I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play a game AFTER I've already purchased it.

HAHAHAH the....tears....are coming out...hahahaha
Let's gank these bitches.....hahahahah

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or