Zero Punctuation: Ninja Gaiden 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Ninja Gaiden 2

This week, Yahtzee unravels the mystery of the Ninja. Well, at least the mystery of Ninja Gaiden 2.

Watch Video

i was expecting runescape after the cohan review oh well

W00t ive been waiting for this so long!!!

Fuckin A

Ah brilliant summing up of a moderately okay game.

another extremely entertaining review.

I salute you.

Brilliant!

nice!

I like the references to the ability to lop off limbs.

Of course Yahtzee is always the first to point out how noticeable a female characters cleaveage is.

The question he raised about can you complain if you expect a game to be hard was also interesting

Oh wow.
I had heard that Ninja Gaiden 2 was a good game.
Now I might have to try it myself and hope that there's at least some good out of it.

Nice, old school style ZP for once. I liked it.

Almost snorted a cherry pit out my nose when the CIA guys popped up.

Interesting I guess, I didn't really laugh quite as much as other reviews but.. Can't win them all. The whole bit about the womens stupidly large tits was quite funny.. I'm a simple man.

Gaiden sucks, the difficulty level is insanely hard and frankly the Japanese designers are way to eagerly at wacking off at bloody 4 oraficed blood fountains

PIRATES ROCKS!

great as usual i didn't expect it to be that hard and bad camras are part of the flaws not the challenge

Brilliant one, will watch it again right now. Thanks Yahtzee! Until next week, damn, 7 days minus 5 minutes to go.
- Yahtzee Addict

Brilliant as usual.

After a brief haitus of watching ZP (and when catching up, not being too impressed with what I saw), today's video was...better.

I have to say, when Yahtzee gets angry over a game, it's usually pretty good, but when it misses the mark, I can't help but wonder if I should be smiling or skipping to the next gay/tits joke. But nevertheless, it was funny, confirmed all my beleiefs on how rip-your-nuts-off-and-feed-them-to-the-dog-difficult NGII was going to be (being on of the many who never got past the 1st boss in the previous installment due to a lack of Neo-like reflexes and the fact that I could be doing something more constructive with my life, like removing all my toes with a bolt cutter), and, rather than the E3 naysaying, was actually balanced.

I know it's far too presumptious to think Y hisself reads these comments, but if he does, please, please bear this in mind:

We love you, and when you rip into something, it's usually gold - but there's a fine line between being critical and being negative. Keep it fair (if only to a token level), keep it bitter and keep 'em coming.

hahaha i love the little dig at the wii at the start:)
oh and i wish yahtzee would stop ripping mgs4; yeah, the cut scenes may bore a newb, but its entirely necessary for die hard fans of the series.

good review. but i wonder what difficulty he played it on? because path of acolytes is easy, warrior is annoying, mentor is insane and master ninja gives me nightmares. and am i the only who had no camera trouble, and never had peoples arms fall off without a significant amount of work?

that being said the part where you get hit my an un-avoidable exploding shuriken made me laugh my ass of because of how true it was. i now have an urge to go finnish beating it on mentor, but i know if i do i will have to accept yelling at the TV for hours on end.

great review, as usual! i have to agree that the the difficulty is too high...

Let me just get it out of the way before more uninspired 'good one' posts appear that I want Yahtzee to go back and watch some of his very first ZP/FR videos. I was wondering what was so different, in a bad way, about his latest films and I discovered that it's because he went from a very proper and professional sounding critic to an angry videogame nerd... and we already have one of those.

Essentially, he should stop yelling and sounding so excited as much as he should just sound like a carefree reviewer.

If you don't believe me, watch this video again, then watch the Heavenly Sword video.

Kenkaku:
Let me just get it out of the way before more uninspired 'good one' posts appear that I want Yahtzee to go back and watch some of his very first ZP/FR videos. I was wondering what was so different, in a bad way, about his latest films and I discovered that it's because he went from a very proper and professional sounding critic to an angry videogame nerd... and we already have one of those.

Essentially, he should stop yelling and sounding so excited as much as he should just sound like a carefree reviewer.

If you don't believe me, watch this video again, then watch the Heavenly Sword video.

My sentiments exactly - criticism, not trolling, please.

ba dum tish - That pretty much surmises the entire game, it's just Team Ninja going "Ha ha, you buy more game of ninja guy doing same thing as last time. We make more money"

Couldn't ask for a more entertaining and bluntfully true review. HOWEVER, I'm suprised and unhappy you forgot to mention the jackassery of Team Ninja of adding 3 new sets of costumes for 200 points each, when they should of bundled it all together for 200 points, or add the suits as unlockables to the Mission Mode or something.

some of your best work, and that's impressive.

honestly...you don't think money could have changed it???

lm2f:
i was expecting runescape after the cohan review oh well

When Hell freezes over.

as always, brilliant! I thought Ninja Gaiden II was an amazing game, but i think something was missing from it. Camera was yeah... shit, but beats the fuck outta Alone in the Dark! NOW REVIEW DARK SECTOR! that was a shit game!

The CIA uniforms were a nice touch.

Not so keen on the closing analogy. I prefer a bit of funny with my offensive.

For once, I disagree with you, Yahtzee. Pirates aren't the best. Vikings and zombies are, haha.

I haven't bought the game yet, so I can't judge the review otherwise, really, but it was comedic as usual and change from my boring life, again, as usual.

Another fun review, although I love the game he is indeed right about the camara, and the REALLY ANNOYING exploding shurikens in the later levels. If you want to see them coming you need some kind of super-human/Spiderman-ish precognition so you can actually block them. The camara is indeed very dodgy, and the camara controll is really clunky. The only peice of bullshit in this review is ofcourse the part about the limbs, I mean come on he's a highly skilled uber ninja with weapons that can slice a hair in 2.
The difficulty by the way, is indeed...strange. Some bosses are véry easy (usually meaningless mid-level bosses) and other bosses are so hard it gets scary. By the way, on the lower difficulties the game isn't that hard, when you get the hang of some combo's (and you'll never master about 2/3th of every weapon's combo's). I can only imagine the hardest difficulty mode though...
All in all I only missed 1 thing, and that's the option to replay any chapter you like when you finished the game like in Yathzee's lover Half Life 2. Mainly because it's a pain in the ass if you want to raise your Karma Score of say chapter 11. First you have to gét to chapter 11. And ofcourse, some levels are just pure fun to do over and over and over again, like 1 of the last levels where you're confronted with an endless (endless yes, untill you move up some door) stream of enemy ninja's. Combine that with the biggest scythe you've ever seen, and you've got the best anger management ever. But to bad: that option isn't there.

Pirates are best? Pfft. Vikings are better than pirates OR ninjas. (And while Zombies are cool HungryFreak... Vikings still win.) Oh, and Vikings are better than Robots too.

Also, Vikings are the OG Pirates.

Side note: If you even so much as THINK about the horrid movie Pathfinder... I will hunt you down and (insert your choice of painful torture here).

Dom Camus:
Not so keen on the closing analogy. I prefer a bit of funny with my offensive.

I'm going to have to agree with this, the final analogy was a little over the top with not a lot of funny.
I really enjoyed Damsel Du Jour.

well, you have been hitting on lucas for like the past what, 3, 4 videos? first gay jokes, then lucas, whats next?

awesome review.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)