Review: Song Summoner

Review: Song Summoner

Apparently, Lindsay Lohan songs make powerful characters in Square Enix's iPod game, Song Summoner. Who knew?

Read Full Article

I find this worrying. You don't actually have to listen to the songs that it's sampling do you? Because there are some limits I just won't break for an interesting game.

If Iron Maiden doesn't make the most powerful characters, I will have los all faith in humanity.

The_root_of_all_evil:
I find this worrying. You don't actually have to listen to the songs that it's sampling do you? Because there are some limits I just won't break for an interesting game.

No, you don't have to listen to the songs while you're playing, but it will play a sample of the song when it's first selected for character creation. However, you can manually select songs or let the game automatically choose one at random. It's kind of a neat feature.

You can, though, start up your iPod's playlists and then go into the game to play, and the music will take place of the in-game soundtrack.

This game intrigues me.

Next project I am on (I'm looking for a permanent position I am sick of contract work) I am so going to update my iPod so I can give it a whirl, I have quite an eclectic music collection.

Buy it. It's only $4.99, which means that it's both cheaper and more fun than Final Fantasy X-2 ever will be.

I'll have you know that once you got past the initial manhood-threatening DressSpheres and cringe-inducing girl-power antics, Final Fantasy X-2 was actually quite playable, its battle system much more fast-paced than its predecessor's.

I'll also have you know that I don't get weird looks for playing a PSP in a suit! I get weird looks for inadvertently tapping my foot to the beat while playing Patapon. Hmph!

unangbangkay:

I'll have you know that once you got past the initial manhood-threatening DressSpheres and cringe-inducing girl-power antics, Final Fantasy X-2 was actually quite playable, its battle system much more fast-paced than its predecessor's.

I'll have you know that you speak nothing but lies. FF X-2 was the bane of my existence... my roommate in college was addicted to it, and I hated everything about the game because of the way it twisted everything cool about FF X and turned it into pop drivel.

(apparently I was in the minority with my hatred, but it kept me warm on the inside during those long winter nights, which is why I still wear it on my sleeve)

AaronStack:

mark_n_b:
This game intrigues me.

Next project I am on (I'm looking for a permanent position I am sick of contract work) I am so going to update my iPod so I can give it a whirl, I have quite an eclectic music collection.

I'll have you know that you speak nothing but lies. FF X-2 was the bane of my existence... my roommate in college was addicted to it, and I hated everything about the game because of the way it twisted everything cool about FF X and turned it into pop drivel.

(apparently I was in the minority with my hatred, but it kept me warm on the inside during those long winter nights, which is why I still wear it on my sleeve)

I turned of the game after about...10 seconds. Shame the disc wasn't mine, would have destroyed it.

The game sounds interesting, but it would be cool if it featured Audiosurf like mechanics or atleast the genre of your artists and let them affect combat stats and classes.

My ABBA, Beethoven and Outkast team would be unstopable.

This game almost makes me wish I hadn't pawned off my ipod.. Shame.. And an even bigger shame that I still want a zune more. Still, sounds very addicting. I think I'd get annoyed of my favorite characters suddenly not being usable after x amount of deployment though. Grarh.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here