Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

bodiddly83:
It is a FACT he plays on easy. It is a fact he doesnt even play half the shit he is reviewing. It is a fact he doesnt have a fucking factual leg to fucking stand on for his shitty little "opinion"

You're really fact in the head, aren't you...

you aint just whistling Dixie

You swore 43 times in that post... I'm actually quite impressed that you can manage to fit that much cussing into one post.. LMAO. Why don't you just calm down? Act like an adult if you are one.

Anyway. I'm not going to waste my time actually replying to the contents of your post (or should I say, scan through it and try to make sense of your points beneith all the angry gibberish) - I can see theres no way to discuss with you, because all you can do is argue angrilly.. I'm not wasting my time with someone whose just going to scream and shout like an angry 12 year old who had his candy taken from him. I don't think anyone else really wants to either...

So you just carry on being the way you are, and we'll just carry on pointing and laughing at you.

For being a Yahtzee hater he sure can't stop talking about him.

I believe you secretly think he's awesome, bodid.

/blink

bodiddly83:
/blink

Owned.

Anywho, I'm done as well. Your passed cursing into the town of smutville. I can't even read your posts without wanting to punch the nearest person to me and question humanity. Also your just redundent. You don't put any knew information on the table.

It is an opinion.

lolumadbro? I guess its old information that Putzhee is a suck ass easy mode bitch. My fault.

Well, i created this account purely because mr. bodiddly83 here has piqued my interest. You sir are a gaming elitest, you believe that a game is only understood on it's deepest and most complex level. You believe that you only know whether or not a game is good once you know every little niche of it. It's nice to meet you.

I'd like you to meet me, i'm a human being, i have a job, a social life, and many other things that take serious precidence over being a game on its highest difficulty. Thats not to say that you're a jobless social reject, my point is merely that you put a lot more effort into these things.

Here is where the problem kicks in, yahtzee doesn't care about you. Your opinions, your perspective and your attitude are all aimed in a different direction than him. His target audiance, also doesn't care... at all. You have two choices here, you can realize this and understand that his reviews mean absolutly nothing to you, or you can go on making a laughable spectacle of yourself, one way or another your actions have no influence on the outcome.

Sorry to bust your bubble

p.s. sorry, i'm a terrible speller

Well, arent I just something special. If you suck at games dont act like like you have the ability to critic them. Its fine if you and Putzhee suck(and he does). Just dont get on the fucking internet and act like you know something about gameplay. If youre playing your shit on easy stfu about "AI" and keep your stupid scrub opinions about gameplay to yourself. Just talk about "story" and all the other superfilous bullshit.

Yutzhee is a scrub with a little kingdom of scrubs all crying out for the perfect game where somehow the weaksauce scrub skills will translate into a great gaming experiance. It will never happen. Any enjoyment you get out of a game will be a byproduct of the game creators. Not what YOU do with it. Its like a movie or book at that point. You dont like GAMES. You like the gaming medium.

Its one thing to not be the best at something. Its something else to act like a bitch, make up bullshit excuses and QQ about other people who are actually GOOD at games. Its pathetic and it is dumbing down the games industry.

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way...

"You sir are a gaming elitest, you believe that a game is only understood on it's deepest and most complex level."

You sir are a bitch, and defending a demagogue. Potzhee is a big boy and can defend himself.

"You believe that you only know whether or not a game is good once you know every little niche of it."

No, but thank you for acting like you know how the fuck I judge a games worth. I dont "know every little niche" about chess but I can appreciate the fact that its a great fucking game. Cockzhee on the otherhand would end op panning it for the pawns being broken cause he cant go backwards with them.

"It's nice to meet you.

I'd like you to meet me, i'm a human being, i have a job, a social life, and many other things that take serious precidence over being a game on its highest difficulty"

Get fucked easymode. You listed shit that every other human fucking being has and acted like it was somehow holding you back or something? If you suck it isnt because youre human, or have a job, or whatever the fuck you call a "social life".

"Here is where the problem kicks in, yahtzee doesn't care about you. Your opinions, your perspective and your attitude are all aimed in a different direction than him. His target audiance, also doesn't care"

Yeah, I think Ive figured out that His Holyness Noob the XX has been preaching to the choir looking for ball shining afterwards.

You have two choices. You can learn to seperate what makes a good game and a good story/movie and then learn to accept other people being better than you at games(those that compete learn to accept and learn from loss) or you con continue on campaigning with the rest of the scrubs untill video games are eventually just called videos.

uhhhh, yes, the prince of persia siries, one of the last games played just for the fun of it. and it makes me think that ubisoft can read brains, because every single time a new POP came out it fixed the exact problem that i thought was major in the last game. i really hope this new one can fix all those flaws without making any new ones.

Yay! I have earnt your utter disgust!
Nice as per usual ^_^

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is for the GameCube, right? So I can still get it!

Also, it's:

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Obvious
4. Spider Man 2
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

Portal, Silent Hill 2, and FWD were obvious, but Spiderman 2?

Also, sorry Yahtzee for earning your disgust.

First Game's Deus Ex...
Second's Silent Hill 2
Third's PoP SoT obviously
Fourth's Spiderman 2
Fifth's Fantasy World Dizzy

...Am i the only one to actually remember Fantasy World Dizzy? It's an EGG! And it ROLLS!

snuffler:
1) Portal
2)
3) PoP Sands of Time
4)
5)

Yeah I'm good.

*edit* I'm surprised Psychonauts isn't in your top 5...You seemed to have such a glowing review of it... what with the pen between the fingers crunching pain ow ow thing.

1) Portal
2) Silent Hill 2
3) PoP Sands of Time
4) Spider Man 2
5) Fantasy World Dizzy

*shrug*

Agreed! I played the first game three times in like, a week but had to force myself to finish the second. The third? I think the characterization was still good. You didn't mention the Prince's hilarious inner dialogue with his alter ego.

Prince: "I should do something! (about those Babylonians perishing horribly under the rusty swords of sand monsters)"
Alter Prince: "Fall to your death! That'll be of GREAT use to them!"

You don't love the Alter Ego's sarcasm? It's awesome!!!

Yahtzee, you amazing bastard...why haven't you mentioned anything about the Spiderman series...Spiderman 2 was awesome, there was a reason I recognized it as soon as I saw it. Activision's first follow up after it, Ultimate Spider Man, wasn't bad either...but why haven't you brought up Spiderman 3, or Friend or Foe, or, even worse, Web of Shadows...hell, that last one was just last month.

Great review but I think that the prince of persia game's punishing difficulty brought them down a bit.

4 is spiderman 3 not resident evil 4

Ep1c Fla1l:
4 is spiderman 3 not resident evil 4

Sorry, it's Spider-Man 2, he said in his review of Web of Shadows how much he loved the game, plus, if you look close enough you can tell that it's the Spider-Man 2 cover.

Also, can anyone tell me which review it was when he said "I think Hitler was right!" (I know he doesn't really think so, but that line was so hilarious)

crazyhaircut94:

Also, can anyone tell me which review it was when he said "I think Hitler was right!" (I know he doesn't really think so, but that line was so hilarious)

XBLA Double Bill

snuffler:
1) Portal
2)
3) PoP Sands of Time
4)
5)

Yeah I'm good.

*edit* I'm surprised Psychonauts isn't in your top 5...You seemed to have such a glowing review of it... what with the pen between the fingers crunching pain ow ow thing.

spider man 2 and silent hill 2 as well i think

1. Portal
2. Silent hill 2
3. POP sands of time
4. Spiderman 2
5. Fantasy world dizzy

tiz the right answer and don't go to hard on a brit.

i have played the two thrones and i have a few things to say about the game, YZ should have mentioned the terrible voice acting in it, but i love the sarcastic comments the inner voice makes every now and then while the prince talks about the stories and memories that he should forget about during combat and very confusing puzzles.

top 5 games are

1. portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. POP sands of time
4. Killer 7
5. Fantasy world dizzy

the top five games you listed in the video were portal, silent hill 2, prince of persia sands of time, spider man 2, and fantasy world dizzy.

SarahhC:
1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP Sands Of Time
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Fantasy World Dizzy
:)

The forth is spider-man 2

I'm not sure if it's Spiderman 2 or Killer 7.

So I've finally decided to retry playing Sands of Time after giving up on it when it came out back in 2003 playing the demo and falling to my death over and over while trying to walljump up to the dagger with a keyboard for about half an hour... I basically said "Screw it" and never gave it an afterthought.
Now that I decided to buy a GamePad for a certain Beat'Em'Up I picked it up again and actually got past that spot after 15 or so minutes of trying and "learned" the technique, although it is very sadistic of the developer who thought of that to have to perfectly time it in a split-second (over and over again) or you'll fall to your death. It reminded me of a quick-time event only you don't get shown the key you have to press and when.

Other than that it was a solid game, the character of the prince was well thought-out, there were some very nice platforming elements and especially the whole "rewind time"-thing and slow time/wallrun etc. added to the flavor of it...

Annoying about Prince of Persia: Sands of Time though, was that the developers practically wanna punch you in the face or rather punish you when you want to do something different than what they had originally intended you to do, and there's absolutely no other way to reach the level "goal" and thus the levels look somewhat staged (e.g. even if it's 3D and looks big there's always exactly one path and if you want to take another either something is crumbling or you'll simply die)... If you drop 2-3m you die (a jump most normal human beings would survive). And there's levels like the "Baths" where you have to open several dozen doors and pull several dozen levers because of a piece of a wall, which is wet and he can't climb.
Also some of pillars you climb on are kinda weird... you can get on the bottom part right away but apparently he can't climb on anything that isn't perfectly round so you have to go through a whole level to get from the bottom part of some pillar to the top part instead of say... climbing it anyway or hacking away those nasty unclimbable parts (which look like two twigs sticking out).

Also WTF was up with the last few levels?
They give you stuff like a somewhat advanced combat system with different moves and a safety-net and teach it to you throughout the game and then take it away when it would really matter the most? Not to say that there were too many friggin bats (not like they're a challenge keep wiggling your sword key till they go away and waste 1-2 mins of gametime per swarm), some hard to see ledges and a lot of wall-to-wall jumps in those last few areas followed by some lazy leveldesign compared to the rest of the game.

There was one specific spot where you had to wall-climb a broken tower, if you fall you die and have to redo it all over again from the save point, and to top that off after the 2nd jump the camera changes perspective and you have no visual feedback whatsoever I wanted to throw the damn thing out the window right there... had to do that passage about 30-50 times or so, apparently I wasn't the only one there really xD
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6180/t360580-stuck-at-95-setting-sun/

Also seriously "Farah" is one of the best female characters to you? Aside from the Cutscenes she was constantly asking the Prince if he was okay... over and over and over and over again throughout the levels (kinda reminded me of my mother whenever I was sick...) and didn't do too much other than that but a few snarky lines here and there and being used as the "thin circus guy" that can get through everything and opens doors.

1.Portal
2.Silent Hill 2
3.Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
4.Spiderman 2
5.Fantasy World Dizzy

Hurray for disgust :D >> the 4th one took me a while...if it's right that is

varulfic:

Starnerf:
1) That Dizzy game on the Commodore
2) Portal
3) PoP SoT
4) Psychonauts
5) ummm... Trilby?

Silent Hill 2.

Painkiller's in there.

"It shoots shuriken's and lightening"
Portal and PoP: SoT of course.

The shuriken's and lightening bit was what got me playing the game. And it's as fun as it sounds. :D

Now.. I vote we hack the studio releasing the PoP film to make it awesome. For the lulz..

Also, are all the Yahtzee videos as funny with the volume muted as this one was?

I'm guessing Saints Row 2 has joined the Top Something list, since this review.
Also this review has convinced me to replay the Sands of Time trilogy.. After I swore I will NOT replay it for the fifth time...

Ya im thinking something along those lines SarahhC. I was also strangely thinking one of them was a metal gear solid game but Fantasyt world Dizzy probably makes more sense.

Great, now I'v bought Sands of Time, and it's simply very good, but nothing near to redefining my ideas of what a game can achieve, or finding entry into my canon of greatest games of all time. It's simply well done, through and through. Damn it.

But then, not only has he apparently bothered to play a game like Spider-Man 2 but it also seems to be one of his favorites, so I shouldn't have expected much. Spider-Man, don't be ridiculous... I'll never take ZP even half-serious again, if something so devoid of originality is supposed to be masterpiece.

lol
1. Portal
2. Silent hill 2
3. Prince of Persia: sands of time
4. Resident Evil 4
HOWEVER, it does look like a spiderman game
5.) Fantasy world dizzy, it tlooks like

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or