Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

1: portal
2: silent hill 2
3: Sands of time
4: Painkiller
5: Fantasty world dizzy

He's adorable when he talks about things he likes. ^^

SYSTEM-J:
What kind of self-respecting pretentious critic has two games from one series in his Top 5? This is an affront to my sensibilities.

That's just how big his stiffy is for SH's storytelling.

Sethran:
Click <-- That's the 4th image.

You'll notice none of the gold belonging to the Spiderman 2 case Here

That's the PC case. He meant the PS2 version of Spiderman 2.

I can't remember if Yahtzee ever praised Bruce Campbell/ Ash from Evil Dead but he did reference him so that might be a reason he liked Spiderman 2!

Who knows what goes through someone who's brain is as deliciously addled as his

Erana:

My girlfriend agrees. I needed to give her a sedative to keep her from hopping on a plane to Brisbane to bear his children.

a good way to see pixelated things better, is to look at them from a distance if anyone cares...

it does look like spider man, maybe its all just a joke list that noone should pay attention to. from now on :S

"Cause you stuck your dick in it!!!!!"

Portal
Silent Hill 2
Sands of Time
Spiderman 2
Fantasy World Dizzy

^_^ XP

MUST KILL UWE BOLL

Great and funny review as always, with the added bonus of two time-traveling individuals clashing in the end credits. Only from the mind of Yahtzee could that connection be established and implemented. Hehe... Phonebooth..

I was admittedly thinking for a while that Yahtzee was getting a little stale in his reviews but this one turned it all around and is making with the funnies again. Nice one.

#4 is Resident Evil 4, not Spider-Man 2.... Seriously, here's the PAL cover:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/spfiner/resident_evil4.jpg

You actually thought his #4 favorite game of all time would be Spider-Man 2??

http://a928.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_8b08c988a001b013ad4ebd1b742cd0e7.jpg

Thats an Screenshot I just cooked up :P

Great review, made me laugh hysterically, cant wait for next wednesday (no seriously... i cant O.o) =D

Top 5 Games:
Portal
Prince of Persia
Silent Hill 2
Spiderman 2
Fantasy World Dizzy

NOT Silent Hill 4, its very very clearly not SH4, I dont even know how we got to this. There arnt even enough words to give it its full title, and the last word is man without a doubt. My screen shot WAS bigger but Myspace made to smaller _

ALTHOUGH! I'm willing to accept the possibility of it being Resi 4 (having read someone post). It could very well be Resi 4, it does make sense. Resi 4 was fairly epic :P I've never played Spiderman 2, but Ive played Resi 4 and I can tell anyone its very likely in my top 5 games. So yeah makes sense :P

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP: Sands of Time
4. Spider Man 2
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

I think #4 is in fact Spiderman and not Silent Hill 4. Whether that's a joke or not is unknown.

Really? Tom Baker? That's so retro, man.

(yes, spot on topic, as always)

Hey I'm all for Resi 4 being a great game...it's just that isn't the box art for it! It's for Spiderman 2 (for the Xbox if that hint of lighter colours at the top is what I think it is)

Wow, good review of the series, first ZP episode i've really enjoyed in a while. The first PoP was fantastic, the epic design/music and truly Arabian feel that was captured, created an amazing sense of immersion. The thired game really dissapointed me, the stealth aspect was interesting, but overall it lacked the same atmosphere of the first.

As for the top 5 games, if he did indeed include Spiderman 2 and Silent Hill: the Room, poor... poor... poor show Mr Yahtzee!

Great review, three games in one! I've only played the first two games, loved them to death. Nice shot at the total ass wipe that was PoP 3D.

Yahtzee's top 5 are:
1: Portal
2: Silent Hill 2
3: POP Sands of Time
4: Spider Man 2 (WTF???)
5: Fantasy World Dizzy (for the Commodore 64, no less)

I win Yahtzee's utter disgust!
PS. He has a small and unsatisfying penis... LOL.

zenintrude:
#4 is RE4, not Spider-Man 2.... Seriously, here's the PAL cover:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/spfiner/resident_evil4.jpg

You actually thought his #4 favorite game of all time would be Spider-Man 2??

No. No, I don't think that he would let a mass-media-franchise game anywhere near his list, as much as he loves that movie.

And I don't think he'd rate Resident Evil quite so high, while he's amused by their pretension to take themselves seriously. The storytelling is full of, to use his own words, "plot-holes the size of a catomite's rectum" and as we know, Yahtzee is one of those smarmy Games-R-Art fagmosexuals. So if two games, say, RE4 and SH4, have bad design choices and one has better storytelling than the other, my intuition tells me that the one with the better story will get rated higher no matter how many uppity Spanish peasants you gun down in the other.

Then again my intuition tells me I can actually make a living writing instead of banging away on lines of code or asking you people if you want fries with your overcooked frozen burger.

EDIT: I stand corrected. How about a shake with those fries?

The fourth game appears to be an xbox title. A third game in a series because a 2 doesn't really fit and the second game in the list appears to have the number four on the end.

NezumiiroKitsune:

NOT Silent Hill 4, its very very clearly not SH4, I dont even know how we got to this. There arnt even enough words to give it its full title, and the last word is man without a doubt. My screen shot WAS bigger but Myspace made to smaller _

*raises hand, hangs head* Sorry.

Apparently all you "fan-personz" (spelled with a z to make it more in line with "bois") failed to notice the rather large sentence at the end of the video above the URL for his website.

Edit: The one in contention is Spider-man 2 (which, SHOCKING DEVELOPMENTS, was a great game, I think I'll go play it right now, actually)

Use this as a reference:
http://www.njsoft.dk/ps2/Spiderman_2_pal-front.jpg
and the screencap from the person above:
http://a928.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_8b08c988a001b013ad4ebd1b742cd0e7.jpg

I think it's pretty plain to see. Additionally, the word fits.

Huh, it's quite obviously Spider-Man 2, as much as you deny it.
It may be half joking or nostalgia again, like Fantasy World Dizzy, but seriously, you think that after the hard time he gave Silent Hill 4 he'd rate it so high?

But anyways, regarding the review, I didn't like Sands of Time myself. The battles were just a mess, and the platforming could get annoying when you missed ledges or whatever because of the lack of colors/light, aside from grey and brown.

BlueInkAlchemist:

Erana:

My girlfriend agrees. I needed to give her a sedative to keep her from hopping on a plane to Brisbane to bear his children.

;-; Not that kind of adorable.

BlueInkAlchemist:

NezumiiroKitsune:

*raises hand, hangs head* Sorry.

Awwh come on :( Making me feel like I kicked a retarded puppy XD

Oh yes a CAD quote, and I love it :P

you mean the one that was basically a challenge to everyone to go figure them out?

yeah...we got that

StatikShock:
Apparently all you "fan-personz" (spelled with a z to make it more in line with "bois") failed to notice the rather large sentence at the end of the video above the URL for his website.

Yahtzee's going to be disgusted with us no matter what we do, given that we're human beings (and, in some cases, American). Might as well make an effort to pay attention to the work he puts into his satire.

Spider-Man 2 was a top game.

Erana:

BlueInkAlchemist:

Erana:

;-; Not that kind of adorable.

Not to me, either. Then again, I'm not into the bumming lifestyle.

NezumiiroKitsune:
Awwh come one :( Making me feel like I kicked a retarded puppy XD Oh yes a CAD quote, and I love it :P

How does one say "GLEE" in dog?

I've just noticed Yahtzee puts the "strong man arms" image on a lot of things...just check out the thumbnails for the list of past reviews...

and this review for both male and female strong man arm augmentation

what a peculiar fetish

Fan-TASTIC!

The dick in the pudding part had me in stitches for a full minute.

I would remain optimistic about the new prince of persia game, but as Yahtzee (As well as everyone I know) pointed out it makes a lot more sense to be pessimistic to avoid any potential letdowns.

(Though I'm having a hard time doing that with Fallout 3 on the horizon.)

Edit for: Good god. Even forums have achievements now? What the flaming fuck?

1: Porrtal
2: Silent Hill 2
3: PoP; Sands Of Time
4: Spiderman 2 (wth?)
5: Fantasy World Dizzy

Sigh, Wolfenstien was such a great game. *Memories*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username: