Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Another Fantastic review, oh btw Hi everyone :D

Seems like you have some strong feelings about the second game,

I reckon number 2 in his list is Silent Hill 2 and 4th is Resi4

amiright?

Oh PoP 3D, that game was ridiculous, a big grey brick room where if you take a step into a hallway, blades come out and lop your head off, and your head flys away in slow motion because your computer runs like shit.

As for the review I liked it but is it just me or like the prince's dialogue, did some of it seem forced? Last reviews "final analogy" was when my first warning light turned on.

I repeat what everyone else has said:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc18/Thedevilsjoker/Spiderman.jpg

Obviously Spiderman

Got the games really quickly

1. Portal (Obviously)
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Prince of persia SOT
4. Spider Man 2 (took me a minute to figure it out. My guess is same reason I loved it; Swinging Mechanics)
5. Fantasy World Dizzy
Seeing as theres nothing new to review next week, why dont you explain Spider Man 2 next week

Jack Sheehan:
I always though i was the only one to think spiderman 2 was ace. That and goldeneye were the best movie liscence games ever.

I agree. Spider-Man 2 was an awesome game.

it is definitely spiderman 2
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5084/yahtzeestop5lj2.jpg

Spiderman 2 was actually a pretty good game too.

ZerodMikestar:
I've just noticed Yahtzee puts the "strong man arms" image on a lot of things...just check out the thumbnails for the list of past reviews...

and this review for both male and female strong man arm augmentation

what a peculiar fetish

I think Yahtzee reuses alot of sprites to save time when making points :P I dont think anyone seriously believes the Yahtzee cartoon image ("Yahtzee" sitting at a TV) is drawn again everytime he wants it. If somethings in his library and hes making a point that refers to it I suppose he uses that image. Hes a gamer at heart therin hes a lazy git :P

BlueInkAlchemist:

Yahtzee's going to be disgusted with us no matter what we do, given that we're human beings (and, in some cases, American). Might as well make an effort to pay attention to the work he puts into his satire.

I think it's just silly, personally. I am a fan of his, and I make sure (Even at work) to try and catch the new ZPs right when they come out, but I wasn't one who would email him about his end-of-video sarcastic questions, or send him scathing responses when he has a differing opinion on a game. His reviews are opinions and entertainment, two things he is good at.

And I can't really fault him for having a default stance of hating Americans, most of us are pretty shitty, and even I find it easier when meeting someone to take the default stance of "you are an idiot and/or asshole until you prove otherwise."

And I would still be curious to see his review of Overlord... or maybe Gungrave.

This is hilarious, three factions of people arguing over whether game #4 is Spiderman 2, Silent Hill 4 or Resi Evil 4 just so they can prove they are Yahtzee fanboys and earn his disgust. =) The icing on the cake is you all calling each other idiots, which has brightened up an otherwise dull Wednesday.

His top 5 will likely be listed as an addendum to next week's review followed by an insult, as per the Flak Towers from MOH. I await the "I told you so" shit-flinging session with my popcorn at the ready.

1.Portal
2.Silent Hill 2
3.PoP Sands of Time
4.Something red... Spider Man 2?
5.Fantasy World Dizzy

There all easy accept #4

1)Portal
2)Silent Hill 2
3)PoP Sand of time
4)Spider-man 3
5)Dizzy

Spiderman? It looks like Killer 7 to me...

Nevermind, that screenshot killed my hopes.

Everybody's still posting about Yahtzee's top 5? Sheesh

Jesus christ, people it's Portal, Prince of Persia, Silent Hill 2, Spider-man 2, and Fantasy World Dizzy. It has to be Spider-Man 2, you can see the hyphen.

No, not trying to earn Yahtzee's disgust, it's just that he didn't do much to hide what his picks were. A few hits with a pixelation filter is not a good cover-up for people who know their fucking games.

And in defense of Spider-Man 2 (which I thought was a decent-but-only-that game)... I remember climbing to the very top of the Empire State Building, looking down to see all the cars driving around on the streets below. Then I leapt off and plummeted for a good seven seconds before swinging away. It was one of the greatest moments in gaming I've ever had.

It wasn't for the person watching me play, who nearly got sick from the vertigo, but still.

Really funny, better than usual. I love the SoT triology, although I haven't played WW yet. Technically, I haven't played Two Thrones either, I played Rival Swords, The Wii Version of Two Thrones. It's exactly the same, so I wonder why they changed the name.

personally i love the doctor who nod at the end.
the tom baker imp made my day.

Wow it loaded all the way today! Hooray for servers!

Great episode. I hope you do more of these that disect what you like about certain games. I find it very interesting. I never played Sands of Time but now I'd like to.

definatly spider man 2 look at comment 111 link

NezumiiroKitsune:

I think Yahtzee reuses alot of sprites to save time when making points :P I dont think anyone seriously believes the Yahtzee cartoon image ("Yahtzee" sitting at a TV) is drawn again everytime he wants it. If somethings in his library and hes making a point that refers to it I suppose he uses that image. Hes a gamer at heart therin hes a lazy git :P

Its not lazy, it's a hackers sensibility. Why would you re-write (re-make) something that you already have? If you've already written code that does what you want, you copy and paste it into the new program. Similarly, if you've already made the sprites for your wildly popular internet series, then you don't make new ones, you reuse the ones you have. It's all about efficiency. Also, there was an interview up, where he explained how he makes the videos, and he needs as many shortcuts as possible in order to get them up in a timely manner.

Good lord there's already pictures "unblurring" everything, incredible, am I impressed or disgusted?

I thought Yahtzee LOVED Killer 7

All of them are obvious, except for the Spiderman one... His half life review said that Portal was his favorite game. His Silent Hill: Origins review showed that SH2 was his favorite out of that series. He's also made a half a hundred references to Dizzy now too.

It's no big deal though, he probably just giggles at the fact that people follow him enough to figure out his games anyway. Still, I like Yahtzee, he doesn't cause drama, only his fans do.

Nice retrospect on PoP. Basically what I thought of the whole series, though I wouldn't consider Sands of Time to be on my top five. Come to think of it neither would I put SM2. Eh, maybe I'm too old-school.

P.S. Christ! Why are we still debating what Yahtzee's top five is? It was resolved on the first damn page!

xD

I liked the Doctor Who reference at the end! [Don't mess with time Prince.]

Anywho, great review! I was waiting all week for it!

I wear a load of eyeliner and have black hair... But I even it out with a pink belt for my red plad skirt and pink nail polish.

Random argument man:
I thought Yahtzee LOVED Killer 7

Just because he LOVED Killer 7 doesn't mean it made it to the top 5.

Also, was that pistachio pudding? If it was, I wasn't going to eat it anyway.

The Prince of Persia move that is coming out stars jake Gyllenhaal (or however you spell it) as the Prince.

This just seems to be one big WTF, he's not even of the ethnicity that the prince is.

1.Portal
2.Silent Hill 2
3.PoP Sands of Time
4.Resident Evil 4
5.Fantasy World Dizzy

Think someone else posted this too. I was just agreeing with their list.

10 bucks that Braid is the next review.
=)

Except you are wrong about number four.

Its not Spiderman 2 - its either silent hill 4 or residant evil 4.

StatikShock:

NezumiiroKitsune:

Its not lazy, it's a hackers sensibility. Why would you re-write (re-make) something that you already have? If you've already written code that does what you want, you copy and paste it into the new program. Similarly, if you've already made the sprites for your wildly popular internet series, then you don't make new ones, you reuse the ones you have. It's all about efficiency. Also, there was an interview up, where he explained how he makes the videos, and he needs as many shortcuts as possible in order to get them up in a timely manner.

O.o Sorry? XD

FDave:
1. Flashback
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Sands of Time
4. Spiderman 2
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

i know the last one is fantasy world dizzy and great review yahtzee i like what you put a t the end about the movie LOL im gonna look forward to that.......rofl

Am I going blind or did #4 look a lot like "spider man 3" which I can only expect is either a joke or I AM going blind.

I cant help but think two thrones was realy good,
also his lady freind only got given a bow an arrow. That doesn't realy warrent the level of verbal abuse..

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here