Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Zeddicus Zhul Zorander:

Isan:

Zeddicus Zhul Zorander:

it's spelled A-S-S

or in english its "arse", like he said.

No, that's just how it's pronounced in Great Britain. Trust me, it's ass.

Actually he's right.
They spell it and pronounce it like that. America spells it as A-S-S, Britain spells it
A-R-S-E, and Australia is somewhere in between. As Yahtzee is Anglo-Australian he leans more to the A-R-S-E spelling.

Omfg, the fanboy ball shining has reached 9 freaking pages.

"Oh no no his favorite games are Blah blah blah"
"Oh, no he says ass this way not that way."

What.
The.
Fuck.
Is wrong with you people?

and trilby sucks balls

bodiddly83:
Omfg, the fanboy ball shining has reached 9 freaking pages.

"Oh no no his favorite games are Blah blah blah"
"Oh, no he says ass this way not that way."

What.
The.
Fuck.
Is wrong with you people?

Daddy would beat me at night and I'd cry myself to sleep when he was done, this is the only way I can find acceptance and validation in my life. :'(

... Oh wait, that was Tycho and his mother, my bad. No, I think it's more of a "WHAT'S THAT POKEMON!" moment, you know what fucking Pokemon it is, you're just inclined to scream it at the top of your lungs because sometimes you find it funny to act like a spaz and get a few funny looks from people.

Damn. My friends convinced me not to play The Sands Of Time; now I'll have to.

Also, loved the Doctor Who reference at the end.

These people obviously want Yahtzee's disgust (knowing his top 5 list...fanboys) because they want Yahtzee to know that they exist. Just don't.

Although, Yahtzee, can you please do a review of "Fantasy World Dizzy" so that I know why you praise it so? I mean, you've done it for Prince of Persia.

Yhatzie does realize that if he does in fact find the game enjoyable that he will still have to do his review, even if he is in orbit, otherwise it's a violation of contract and nobody wants that except lawyers, they get paid whether you win the lawsuite or not. *insert image of chanting lawyers going 'Miss miss miss'

Is it definitely Spiderman? On first guess i immediately thought it must be killer 7 for the gamecube. In the past he has mentioned liking it.

Let me reiterate something I've stated a few times before: In my opinion, Yahtzee has really shit taste in games.

Any games reviewer that puts Prince of Persia and Spiderman 2 in their top 5 best games ever... I find hard to take seriously.

To add another spanner in the works; the dick in the pudding joke wasn't very funny. It was just a dick joke REPEATED LOUDLY FOR COMIC EFFECT.

snuge:
To quote the interwebs: zero punctuation and croshaw are getting fukken old by the hour. The first time I saw ZP, it was funny as hell. I almost fell off my chair. But now I just smile and occationally let out a little laugh. This kind of humour isn't lasting, trolling pretendously day after day. I'm waiting for the next internet fun machine.

PoP:SoT was quite a mediocore expirience. The platforming was nice (except for the parts when you didn't have the dagger of time), but combat was a big 'meh'. Either hacky hacky with the big guys who could defend or vaulting over more stupid monsters and after the credits I found myself with a dull face, sighing. It was well done and you'd see that it was made by professionals, but also it gave an impression that there wasn't actually much effort put into it.

Anyways, I hope to see some psychotic rage from fanatics. Eventhough there is none.

I agree 100%
Though i thought SoT was an alright game, the sequels were horrible.

Eh, it's all subjective. I liked the first and third game in the series, but far from my favorite. It comes down to what anyone wants in a game, and Yahtzee makes a good case for his own in this.

Bowstring:
Let me reiterate something I've stated a few times before: In my opinion, Yahtzee has really shit taste in games.

Any games reviewer that puts Prince of Persia and Spiderman 2 in their top 5 best games ever... I find hard to take seriously.

To add another spanner in the works; the dick in the pudding joke wasn't very funny. It was just a dick joke REPEATED LOUDLY FOR COMIC EFFECT.

^^

Fantastic, thanks for that

I suspect people disliked his Psychonauts review because it made those who hadn't played the game feel stupid.

These reviews are what you watch to feel superior over something else, so that didn't sit so well. Having booked the game (HA!) I found it humourous, but got annoyed at the insinuation that I hadn't. I can only imagine what that part was like for non-purchasers.

Here is a link for the stupid Dizzy games. Its a quick compile of the games but you can get the general stupid idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phqPDyWGNkA&feature=related

If this is what Putzhee holds up as what games should be working towards people(including him) need to seriously reconsider exactly what they want out of a video game. Seems like nostalgia is what drives Easymode Man, because that is the only possible reason anyone could like these stupid games.

anyone who wants to play it could prolly do little foot work on the internets and find both an emulator and a rom and try this craptastic game for themselves.

No wonder Trilby is so lame if this was his inspiration.

edit: changed link for one that is more inclusive of all the Dizzy games

Hamster at Dawn:
Proof of Yahtzee's top 5 games

Thank you very much, I intened to do something very similar. I'm nearly 100% those are his top 5 games.

What, no RTS in your favourites Yahtzee? Shame on you! I hate how sequels always try to fix the problems of the original, while overlooking their own problems and forgetting what made the first game so good. The same happened with Black & White 2 and Stronghold 2.. both of which shall never be mentioned again..

MasterOfHisOwnDomain:
The same happened with Black & White 2 and Stronghold 2.

Oh god, Stronghold 2...That easily could've been an amazing sequel...but it was such a resource hog and so, so, so buggy. D=

Does this mean that a Thief retrospective is possible? Because I believe that the trhee games combined have the potential to make a game better than the sprogs of PoP combined.

Never seen people so desperate to seek approval from an internet celebrity before.

Though I must say, Ben, that it's odd to see you making a video dedicated to explaining why you think the PoP series is best. Have you received squillions of emails berating you for it or what? Great video as usual, don't get me wrong, but I'm not certain of your reason for needing to justify your previous comments.

Lol awesome

Hey GTA IV is in my top 5 for sure cmon Yahtzee :(

Awesome review as always. I'm too not optimistic about the new PoP after seeing the trailer. "Save the kingdom", "fight darkness", "restore the light"? Sounds like "OMG FEK WE'RE OUT OF IDEAS! PLZ BUY THO, IT PRINCE OF PERSIA!!" to me.

Sands of Time was such an amazing game. Believable characters, beautiful enviroment, the soundtrack always felt right, and it had a perfectly executed story. Combat was the only flaw but i prefer having only 5 combat moves instead of seeing another stereotipical anti-hero fight stereotipical badass action girls.

Jack Sheehan:
I always though i was the only one to think spiderman 2 was ace. That and goldeneye were the best movie liscence games ever.

I agree with this statement.
Spiderman 2 was awesome for a movie game.

Funny, yet it's impossible to call a game the best game ever, simply because there are so many friggin genres. But I loved PoP SoT, but couldn't stand the sequal. Those completly missfitting rock/metal tunes on the background and the emo prince pissed me off a lot.

PS: To anyone taking his top 5 list too serious, and his reviews in general: sod off, it's Yáthzee, not IGN...

bodiddly83:
Here is a link for the stupid Dizzy games. Its a quick compile of the games but you can get the general stupid idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phqPDyWGNkA&feature=related

If this is what Putzhee holds up as what games should be working towards people(including him) need to seriously reconsider exactly what they want out of a video game. Seems like nostalgia is what drives Easymode Man, because that is the only possible reason anyone could like these stupid games.

anyone who wants to play it could prolly do little foot work on the internets and find both an emulator and a rom and try this craptastic game for themselves.

What's bad about them? All I can see is that they're sort of adventure games with slight platforming elements.

And thats the problem. you people are so up his ass you are willing to ignore the fact that this shit is so old and dumb it is hardly worth mentioning except to hold up as an example of exactly how crappy games used to be.

"Oh what fun!!! Im a jumping tumbling EGG!! WOW Sign me the fuck up. So full of win!!"

Whats wrong is they control like shit, stupid and CONSTANT back and forth running for dumb items for even dumber puzzles and, well, thats about it because thats pretty much all you do. Actually it embodies every crappy thing this Putzhee guy normally TRIES to claim exist in other games nowdays.

Go get you an emulator and a rom or two and come back to tell us how great these games are.

I always thought Chronicles of Riddick was one of the best movies-made-into-games so far. Definitely better than Spiderman 2.

Ugh got to get the orange box some time.

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP SoT
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Fabtasy World Dizzy
Alright utter disgust here i come

snuge:
To quote the interwebs: zero punctuation and croshaw are getting fukken old by the hour. The first time I saw ZP, it was funny as hell. I almost fell off my chair. But now I just smile and occationally let out a little laugh. This kind of humour isn't lasting, trolling pretendously day after day. I'm waiting for the next internet fun machine.

And yet you are here, posting.

PoP:SoT was quite a mediocore expirience. The platforming was nice (except for the parts when you didn't have the dagger of time), but combat was a big 'meh'. Either hacky hacky with the big guys who could defend or vaulting over more stupid monsters and after the credits I found myself with a dull face, sighing. It was well done and you'd see that it was made by professionals, but also it gave an impression that there wasn't actually much effort put into it.

You didn't actually watch the vid, did you? Yahtzee actually points out that the combat in SoT was mediocre.

I'm pretty sure I saw Spiderman2 (second movie game) in there, I think it was 4th

Shiuz91:
1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP SoT
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Fabtasy World Dizzy
Alright utter disgust here i come

Wait, Spider-Man2????
I don't think i have ever seen a reference to it as one of his favorite games, although I wouldn't be surprised.

I feel like such a doctor newb.
I like the 10th doctor Daved Tennent. He's so frik'n clever. ;3;
Not because he's rugged manly gorgousness could slay a baby walrus, though that helps the cause a bit. ... He has side burns for the love of god! D:

His top 5 list is reasonable. Yet, one wonders how Fantasy World Dizzy and Silent Hill 2 can outrank Half-Life or Half-Life 2. HL and HL2 have analogously rich and intelligent environments to SH2, but lack the awfully clunky combat and interaction problems plaguing SH2.

As for characters, who is more fully developed and nuanced: Alyx Vance or that-whats-her-name-woman from Prince of Persia? The PoP woman is witty, but lacks the complexity that Valve put into Alyx.

Half-Life might have been ok but Half-life 2 sucked, show up in then people just start telling you to run for the entire game. Run over here run over there run Gordon run, now drive some dumb boat now drive some dumb car run run run run now run all the fucking way back to where you started the fucking game. The end, next episode go back inside the place you just left. I stopped playing after that. The story is basically people going,"I remember you from Black Messa, now run over there so someone else can recognize you and tell you to run someplace." No information is giving at alll in the entire game. I dont expect a lot of story out of shooters but this was just a marathon.

1.Silent Hill 2
2.Portal
3.Prince of Persia Sands of Time
4.Earthbound
5.Fantasy world dizzy

are does it?

8D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or