Drawn By Pain: Episode 12, The Conclusion

Episode 12, The Conclusion

Part 12 of 12: Emily Waters has reached the end in the intense series finale. What goes around, comes around.

That was a full bucket of awesome!

i enjoyed the series a lot. great job

Very nice. Liked the series a lot.

loved it a great end to a great series i cant wait for the dvd!

Totally gripping. Nice job indeed.

I greatly enjoyed the series. Thank you very much for putting the time into making this, it was very touching. I hope to see more of your work on the escapist.

Thank you =D

It had a hug, it had some power play, it had a crazy director cameo, it had Douglas.

So, again, thank you =D

I must say, it's an intersting turn on old villain concepts to have the monster only show up in light, seeing as though it's the shadows that are normally associated with danger. It's another way of showing that her father wasn't neccesarily an evil man, just misled.

Also Jesse, was that you doing the spinkicks?

Spinwhiz:
That was a full bucket of awesome!

Thx so much Spin - you guys are awesome :)

sikarios:
i enjoyed the series a lot. great job

Thx much for taking a look :)

FriendlyDalek:
Very nice. Liked the series a lot.

Thx Friendly!

DeadlyGlitch:
loved it a great end to a great series i cant wait for the dvd!

Yeah I need to get to work on that

<<

>>

Thx for the kind words :)

RTR:
Totally gripping. Nice job indeed.

Thx RTR - feels good to know it worked for ya.

tigir798:
I greatly enjoyed the series. Thank you very much for putting the time into making this, it was very touching. I hope to see more of your work on the escapist.

Thx much. It was my pleasure to share it and just glad you took the time to take a look :)

As for the escapist - ya never know!

CanadianWolverine:
Thank you =D

It had a hug, it had some power play, it had a crazy director cameo, it had Douglas.

So, again, thank you =D

NO thank you Mr Wolverine for being so cool my whole time here :)

Copter400:
I must say, it's an intersting turn on old villain concepts to have the monster only show up in light, seeing as though it's the shadows that are normally associated with danger. It's another way of showing that her father wasn't neccesarily an evil man, just misled.

Yes it was me....

As for the light - I wanted it to be two things. Emily hides from her problems - so it's her- not her problems that are in darkness. They need light shed on them so that she can face them. Secondly, it works that people are basically scared to death by these things, but in order for that to work - they need to be able to see them to fear them.

So glad ya dug it :)

I did enjoy the series. Despite not particularly liking the first couple of episodes, I continued watching anyway, and liked the series a lot by the end.

My only issue was the perspective of the drawn creatures change so damn much, it's confusing. :P

drawnbypain:

Copter400:

Yes it was me....

Brilliant. Some may fight the quasi-demonic entity with baseball bats, but men spinkick.

This is the first web series/movie to give me a genuine chill. I'd say this would make a great Dvd.

Finally it's over! There is a merciful God indeed!

Didn't see the very end part coming - it was certainly an interesting turn of events.

Looking forward to going back to Episode 1 and watching it from start to finish.

I know contributors probably can't be banned (and at the very least it would be extremely stupid to do) but seriously, octuple posting? Wouldn't a simple edit have worked?

All formatting issues aside, I've just started the series, and it looks good so far.

Brilliant. I loved it. I'm sad that it's over, though :(

Yeh i totally loved it! Pls tell me your doing more/something similar??

It's rare to see something so touching and unique these days. I have to say that I was a little skeptical at first, but I was pulled into the story quite quickly! (And I'm one of those people with a short attention span) Everything was so well put together. I'm truly in awe of everyone who was involved in this project.
Thank you for making this!

Absolutely brilliant series, loved all of it. Only problem i can see is the warhammer advert afterwards doesnt really fit :D

Seriously though great work Jessy, great story, great acting, great music and great animation

savandicus:
Absolutely brilliant series, loved all of it. Only problem i can see is the warhammer advert afterwards doesnt really fit :D

Seriously though great work Jessy, great story, great acting, great music and great animation

WHAAAAAAAT???? r u serious???
great story? it was decent at it's greatest. it was pretentious and over exaggerated on the theme emotional disturbance
great acting? that comment is by far the funniest thing i've seen on this in this site next to Zero Punctuation. the acting of this series was laughably bad, while sometimes it made me feel awkward. the acting was hammier than the worst Uwe Boll movie. it was terrible, the girls who played Emily were sooo awful. her hard stares were the worst and at the end when she whispers, 'all the little things.' can she whisper any louder?? she desperately needs some acting classes. every aspect of the acting was just done so bad. i think the best actors in this series were the ones who were in the background walking. at least that was believable.
great music... i might have to agree on. the only thing that was good about this show was that the music was not bad at all.
great animation? the sketches were nice. that's as far as i'd go. the buggy animation was just an eye sore. it rarely matched the actors motion.

just thank God u ddn't say great action and great directing. cause wow would i have had a field day on that one.

Jrozz:

savandicus:

great story? it was decent at it's greatest. it was pretentious and over exaggerated on the theme emotional disturbance
great acting? that comment is by far the funniest thing i've seen on this in this site next to Zero Punctuation. the acting of this series was laughably bad, while sometimes it made me feel awkward. the acting was hammier than the worst Uwe Boll movie. it was terrible, the girls who played Emily were sooo awful. her hard stares were the worst and at the end when she whispers, 'all the little things.' can she whisper any louder?? she desperately needs some acting classes. every aspect of the acting was just done so bad. i think the best actors in this series were the ones who were in the background walking. at least that was believable.
great music... i might have to agree on. the only thing that was good about this show was that the music was not bad at all.
great animation? the sketches were nice. that's as far as i'd go. the buggy animation was just an eye sore. it rarely matched the actors motion.

just thank God u ddn't say great action and great directing. cause wow would i have had a field day on that one.

You CANNOT compare something like drawn by pain to something done by anything thats done on high budget, Uwe Bowl had millions to spend on his movies and they were terrible. Jessy is not a rich producer and therefore did not have millions to spend on things, nor did he have a team of 50 people to work on all the dialog, directing, animation etc.

Comparing this to any other very low budget film (well mini series but whatever) around and you'll see it stands out above the crowd by miles. I enjoyed it because i enjoyed the story, i thought the characters were believable (and therefore they were well acted), the music was good but we both agree there and the animation is just something you'll have to learn by experience. Go try and animate anything and you'll realise how difficult and time consuming it is, if you watch the commentaries you'll realise that 1 person did all the animation and i bet they didnt use the high tech animation software and green screens that you'll find in high cost things. The animation was a very interesting style, one that i've not seen before, and i thought how it moved around constantly was very well suited to the whole almost insanity theme they had going.

Given what they were given it was fecking fantastic and i doubt you'll find anything as good on this scale for a very long time, comparing it to proper high cost films and i would say it was good, and i've certainly seen alot of films worse than this that cost millions and had 10 times the staff to make it.

savandicus:

Jrozz:

savandicus:

You CANNOT compare something like drawn by pain to something done by anything thats done on high budget, Uwe Bowl had millions to spend on his movies and they were terrible. Jessy is not a rich producer and therefore did not have millions to spend on things, nor did he have a team of 50 people to work on all the dialog, directing, animation etc.

Comparing this to any other very low budget film (well mini series but whatever) around and you'll see it stands out above the crowd by miles. I enjoyed it because i enjoyed the story, i thought the characters were believable (and therefore they were well acted), the music was good but we both agree there and the animation is just something you'll have to learn by experience. Go try and animate anything and you'll realise how difficult and time consuming it is, if you watch the commentaries you'll realise that 1 person did all the animation and i bet they didnt use the high tech animation software and green screens that you'll find in high cost things. The animation was a very interesting style, one that i've not seen before, and i thought how it moved around constantly was very well suited to the whole almost insanity theme they had going.

Given what they were given it was fecking fantastic and i doubt you'll find anything as good on this scale for a very long time, comparing it to proper high cost films and i would say it was good, and i've certainly seen alot of films worse than this that cost millions and had 10 times the staff to make it.

haha hey believe me, i can tell this was low budget. i can forgive the shoddy directing, the bland animation, even the poor, terrible and non-engaging action. but what got to me the most was the POOOOOOR, POOOOOOOOOR acting. the acting in this is so bad that i couldn't even take it seriously at any given moment. and that is inexcusable. it was just bad... like, not even a 1st grade performance done by illiterate kids could have done a worst job. i couldn't believe any of these actors were really the characters they were trying to portray. and how u go along and say that this had good acting.... it's a slap to the face to any decent film out there. my main complaint would have the be the lead role. she was just... bad. i can't even think of another word. oh wait, i can: terrible, horrendous, crappy, appalling, ghastly, obnoxious, abhorrent, rotten, and flat out BAAAAAAAAD. wait i said that already. but i'd say thrice, BAAAAAD. and it was everyone else too. and how these ppl got an award for this dog shit is a blessing from above to these ppl. i've seen better stuff than this and it was low budget. the only reason this thing got recognized is cause it probably had good publicity from the start. that's the only reasonable explanation i have other than they formed a pact with the devil.
disagree with me all u want. but u can't tell me any of these ppl r gonna make it to the top with this shitty acting. and please don't put urself down and defend this anymore. u'd just look like someone who has never seen a movie, show, play or any form of acting in his life.

Jrozz:

savandicus:

FFFFFUCK YOU! Sorry but that to anyone who's offended by
that^.
This was a great series. It was made with minimal budget and I thought it was better than most AAA quality movies. Thank you for making this.

chuckman1:

Jrozz:

savandicus:

that^.
This was a great series. It was made with minimal budget and I thought it was better than most AAA quality movies. Thank you for making this.

u sir have been watching terrible movies. minimal budget.. sure.. but i've seen MUCH better series that ran on change. and what budget really? all this was, was having an artist with an editing software. and if u say the actors were paid then all these ppl got robbed. this was seriously a terrible series. the concept was cool, but they really freaking ruined it with SHITTY acting that made me laugh and SHITTY action scenes. wait, me even saying this had action is overstatement. u really need to watch some good movies cause if u thought this was good either u love the cheesiness or ur freaking brain dead

Jrozz:

chuckman1:

Jrozz:

savandicus:

that^.

u sir have been watching terrible movies. minimal budget.. sure.. but i've seen MUCH better series that ran on change. and what budget really? all this was, was having an artist with an editing software. and if u say the actors were paid then all these ppl got robbed. this was seriously a terrible series. the concept was cool, but they really freaking ruined it with SHITTY acting that made me laugh and SHITTY action scenes. wait, me even saying this had action is overstatement. u really need to watch some good movies cause if u thought this was good either u love the cheesiness or ur freaking brain dead

Wow.
Talk about a quick reply.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or