Zero Punctuation: Braid

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

A lot better than recent videos. This one felt like he had a lot more to say about the game whereas in recent ones the content felt a little forced.

Nice, earlier than usual! I've been trying to support the more independant game makers these days since they are the ones that are going to bring EA down. Anyways, I'm still wondering when/if your going to reply to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

Before any of you ZP enthusiasts go onto there and shout at people, remember this is a parody and therefor a joke. :) Anyways, great review Yahtzee, its good to see you bashing the fancy graphics! :D

If either 360 or ps3(fairly sure its coming to psn soonish) had paypal for online buying I could actually play this game. Ah well guess I'll go back to my generic shooters.

Funny stuff as always. Got in more originality than the few previous ones. Symphatise with hate of americans. (I'm not a terrorist, I'm european)
I think these more "intelligent" (I could never say it without quotes) reviews.

Well it's nice to hear he has a girlfriend. But I don't own a consle so I can only watch this video for entertainment value, which is alright I guess. He hasn't reviewed a Pc game for about 6 weeks me thinks...

I played a trial of Braid, didn't really like it. Great review though.

That new intro song (I guess it could be called 'new', though it's been around a while now) is really growing on me. I like it. I want it. :P

Nice beaches tax, fair play :D

its late! by over an hour! its thursday! you lied!

I wouldn't want one, but I am half tempted to Google "Master Chief Novelty Condoms", just to see.

Miniges:
Well it's nice to hear he has a girlfriend. But I don't own a consle so I can only watch this video for entertainment value, which is alright I guess. He hasn't reviewed a Pc game for about 6 weeks me thinks...

Prince of Persia was a PC Game.

A well timed witty explosion of humor. Brilliant.

If you're reading this Yahtzee: always remember that deadpan is the finest form of comic delivery. I've noticed in the last two/three videos he's been stressing certain punchlines with a tone of despair or anger. It feels like perfectly good jokes are being forced a little, when they'd have come off fine in the slightly sneering monotone.

I appreciate that in this instance it was probably to accentuate the So Very Angry rant at the beginning and it was nice to hear someone vocalise the anger I tend to feel constantly these days regarding games. I haven't paid money for a new game since 2004 and I've no intention of being one of those poor hypocrites who like to rant about the state of gaming while forking out for Generic Shooter 3 because it might be "better than I expected".

Opinion..... Yathzee already knows this is brilliant video but im here to talk about something else and i hope i can attract your attention and yathzee too......since yathzeee has mencion multiple times games as an art form i wish he could an especial episode about it ...to discuss what does i need to be come a good game and artistic one ...and since prince of persia, killer 7 shadow of the collosus, no more heroes... already have been mention i wish he could talk more about it...... and other games like super columbine rpg and otheres game that call themselves art

Brilliant one this week. Loving the game but I do see his points. Makes up for last week when he hurt my feelings by destroying SCIV - oh, wait, it was still funny and right.

Never been to Australia....I am so picking up on that beach tax

I don't think I'd call Final Fantasy XII a "cookie cutter sequel" when it's pretty different from the other Final Fantasy games. Also, I own every single one of the games you held as examples of innovation. xP

I don't have an Xbox, but I'm definitely going to get Braid when the PC version is released. Or, better yet, a PS3 version if one is ever announced.

i disagree with you about FF12 being cookie cutter, i cant think of any other sequel that altered the gameplay as much as FF12

I've also played beyond good and evil and psychonauts, the latter while original and with some funny moments still has shit gameplay and some of the worst character designs i've ever seen in a game

A lot better than the pointless Soul Bukkake 4 review.

It's true you know. Bums _are_ funny.

This is still coming to PC, right?

I also blame Adrian :D. As one who doesn't have a 360, I can't check on the validity of this review, but Braid does sound like fun.

He's very right about the graphics whores.

Codgo:
He's very right about the graphics whores.

What about the graphics? And don't call me a whore!

Puzzle games are for people who suck at everything else.

YAY! Blaming us for the lack of innovation! SO TRUE! LOVE IT! :)

HalfShadow:

...real mature.

HalfShadow:

Not really. They're actually for the people who have brains and enjoy using them.

SeaCalMaster:

HalfShadow:

Not really. They're actually for the people who have brains and enjoy using them.

That's what strategy games are for. Puzzle games are nothing more than a pity-fuck by comparison.

The turn off for me with that game from just the trail would be all the art that game has, it was being too artsy for me to play it, and doesn't satisfy my short attention span for the long term.

Funny it's not really an "Indie" game when they had the income of a high budget hit, I didn't know that.

I need to pick up Killer 7 at some point...

One of his best, even though it was not one of his funniest. Many great points came up in this review.

Good review of a game I didn't know existed :D

Some rethorical ninja outta review the heavy and/or pyro update for team fortress 2. Everybody seems to love that piece of shit even though it completely ruins the game while everyone and his mom gets the new guns. I do enjoy shooting them in the head though. The sound of a sniper headshot is just so delicious. It sounds like power if you had to express the feeling without saying the word ... like fingers snapping in contempt.

DukeNewcomb:
A lot better than recent videos. This one felt like he had a lot more to say about the game whereas in recent ones the content felt a little forced.

My sentiments exactly.

Also you're avatar is awesome and, by definition, you must be too.
I F&%#ING LOVE THE DARK KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HalfShadow:

SeaCalMaster:

HalfShadow:

That's what strategy games are for. Puzzle games are nothing more than a pity-fuck by comparison.

You're a complete douchebag. Go hide under your bridge you little troll.

Meneguzzi:
So what type of tax do we pay at fucking UK? Too much rain? Uglier women? Oh fuck, we are just being robbed then!

The Creme Egg Tax.

Lol.

This is probably my favourite one since the Lego Indy one. Good work!

Damn you Adrian!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or