Zero Punctuation: Too Human

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

I agree with the, "Pre-Christmas Release Period". It's been a boring year.

For once totally agree with Yahtzee on this one. Glad I rented it. Wholly crap was this game a complete work of ass. I liked the plot even though it didn't really follow cannon though other then GOW who really has, but it doesn't make up for the shittyest game play I have ever seen in a console game. I struggled through 2 missions of it which once again Yahtzee is right, they took a good 5 hours on their own to complete then after the umpteenth time of dying while trying to take down the trolls that you have to shoot off every limb to destroy I finally decided that was enough for me and promptly put down the controller before I smashed my console with it. Seriously if your looking of hours of pointless frustration run out and buy it otherwise take his advice and go get something else.

give it more credit i feel sorry for it makers you people should give it more credit

Nice review as always.

I played it once at a gamestore, and really didn't mind the melee combat. Then again, his major gripes other than that I didn't experience, so I can't say if I agree with him or not.

As a side note, have you ever considered bringing in a second person to do ZP reviews of things even Yahtzee wouldn't touch? (i.e. JRPGs)

weirdaljedifan2:
I agree with the, "Pre-Christmas Release Period". It's been a boring year.

MGS IV and GTA IV would disagree with you.

tony2077:
give it more credit i feel sorry for it makers you people should give it more credit

..the fuck? Why on earth should we be nice to people who make a bad overpriced game? If we're gonna say "there there, its not your fault you made a shit game" then we'll be doomed to mediocrity in our medium.

it a good game so give it credit where its due and we won't be doomed to mediocrity there games out there that are worse then too human

L4Y Duke:
As a side note, have you ever considered bringing in a second person to do ZP reviews of things even Yahtzee wouldn't touch? (i.e. JRPGs)

It wouldn't be Yahtzee, thus I wouldn't watch it.

tony2077:
it a good game so give it credit where its due

...we've already established that it is in fact not a good game. Did you even watch the video?

J.theYellow:

L4Y Duke:

It wouldn't be Yahtzee, thus I wouldn't watch it.

Oh, how hard is it to immitate his style and match his level of insight and wit?

i played the game and i say its good do you base your opinion off of reviews or do you actually try them if you don't play them then stfu my opinion is more important then yours because it the only one i care about

I smell......troll....

I quite enjoyed this one, good for a chuckle here and there, but you can't honestly expect Mr. Croshaw's mouth to excrete pure gold at every turn, hm?

I swear to god when I played this demo, I thought I was fucked in the head. Thank you Yahtzee, for confirming that I was not, and this game is a pile of fucking ass shit.

Unlike Mass Effect, there are NO redeeming qualities to a shit game with shit controls shit graphics shit characters and shitty shit.

Having the developer piss and moan about Epic busting his balls, or whomever it was, seemed a huge cry of a baby who fucked up and was trying to pass the blame.

Seeing the anal gland reviews, it was - it simply was.

And this coming from someone in Canada who was all rah rah sis boom bah about SK actually doing something GOOD.

This would be a not good.

Sigh.

LewsTherin:
I smell......troll....

I quite enjoyed this one, good for a chuckle here and there, but you can't honestly expect Mr. Croshaw's mouth to excrete pure gold at every turn, hm?

Thats what The Escapist higher ups are praying.

tony2077:
i played the game and i say its good do you base your opinion off of reviews or do you actually try them if you don't play them then stfu my opinion is more important then yours because it the only one i care about

It is unreasonabl;e that I be expected to play every single game that has ever been made to comment on one of them. There are some things you can take as a given. Like, you can take as a given that Yaris is the worst game made for ther current console generation of any form, followed closely by Anubis II, Jumper and Vampire Rain(weird thing is all four were on the 360). Likewise, when a large percentage of the population call a game below average, you have to side with them over someone on a message board who says they like it so it must be good.

huh? any point to that

The Valkyrie scene just hid the little loading screen you usually get when a game is reloading your last checkpoint or whatever it's called.
Ok, maybe the first time it's okay to overlook this, but shouldn't these reviewers have learnt something after the elevator in mass effect?

I think perhaps the world may not yet be ready for this technique, since it seems to induce anger far more than any appreciation.

Esure:
On another note, is Yahtzee selling out a bit? The video now loads about 10 minutes worth of video 4 of which was his review and roughly 6 being advertisements. Guess that's expected in capitalist society.

Oh cry about it why don't you. The video doesn't have to be fully loaded. Just play it when it gets to five minutes or something, that's what I do. It will take the same amount of time since this comes before the commercial.

Mmm, You know I wasn't going too try Too Human, but if Yahtzee hates it must be good, after all I love Jericho, The Witcher and The Darkness, I must be Bizarro Yahtzee, but I also love Painkiller...

I'm so confused

Looks like Yahtzee can't spend more than 15 minutes on a game - or find a friend to play it with. This was a solid deep game on the weapon/armor front, but you did have to play long enough to figure the game ut. And in a sea of games that can't figure out co-op, this one did a decent job, letting the characters complement and strengthen each other. As far as dying all the time, I have achieves for 3 out of 4 chapters for not dying once - maybe you need to hand your controller in?

Wow, never played the game but there were so many references and good jokes that I won't give a shit if he was right or wrong or too biased, or w/e.

Keep it up damnit!

Perfect Mr Croshaw

As is usualyl the case, you have put into words the ire I feel for a video game so eloquently.

I agree with this critique 110%

I'm glad I watched this, was looking into it but that combat system sounds like utter trash.

Somethings you just have to accept in game designing- in a combat game, the right analog stick is for MOVING THE CAMERA. Is is so hard to keep it that way? It's really a nice mechanic.

THE AD WAS LONGER THEN THE REVIEW..... PLEASE STOP.... PLEASE!!!

Too bad... I was looking forward to Too Human.

The hammer is made of... what?

Anyway, I like how half the video is made up of ads.

please for the love of god do one on disgaea or ill come to your house and beat you with a rabia and a prest

i have to say that the video sucked no way near as good as his other ones

So the demo WAS the finished gameplay? That's a shame, I was looking forward to it.
:(

"and the hammer is made of wank" L.M.A.O.

sick of being reborn over and over again?
maybe the Church of Atheism is where your head needs to be.

:)

You should review more straight out bad games, i liked this one the best since alone in the dark.

simply for the sake of seeing his reply, when are you going to be reviewing Spore Yahtzee?

moose13130:
please for the love of god do one on disgaea or ill come to your house and beat you with a rabia and a prest

I dunno. Take it from an owner and player of Disgaea 3 (I imported), the game seems scizophrenic, ranging from absolute brilliance (the plot and dialogue, and the way it effortlessly takes the piss out of other JRPGs) to abysmal (the graphics).

Just got sick of playing Too Human. I'm glad I'm not the only one who died 50 million times, I thought I just sucked at the game.

Great review as always. However, if the Escapist continues to pad out their videos with ads, and especially now that they've started putting ads at the BEGINNING of the video, so we are forced to watch it, I will stop watching ZP. It's getting ridiculous.

Jenesis:
Great review as always. However, if the Escapist continues to pad out their videos with ads, and especially now that they've started putting ads at the BEGINNING of the video, so we are forced to watch it, I will stop watching ZP. It's getting ridiculous.

money powa !!!

Another game I'm glad I didn't buy and have never had any of intention of buying.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)