Zero Punctuation: Too Human

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

shut up with your pc fanboyism.

Gohlar:
fanboyism

The Shooting sucks because you can't go into first person. The combat sucks because 30% of the time you hit the wrong person. And I think by the lack of flow he meant when you switch enemies.

It's not a review, it's a joke. Try the game.

I remember this site having a video about how games are getting too easy. Kind of funny that he cries at the slightest bit of difficulty. From his comments it's pretty clear he didn't even understand very basic control aspects. While entertaining, it's a pitiful review.

There's a reason many people in the industry are speaking out and defending this game. It's fun.

If yahtzee didn't make the video about how games are getting too easy it's not necisarily his opinion. And this game is a hell of a lot harder than any extremely known classic game you can bother to mention. Except maybe prince of persia. If you don't find this game to be overly difficult(and that's not a problem to me, the problem is because it's difficulty comes from flaws. I mean, I loved the ninja gaiden 2 game) I fear what you would do on Halo. And the game doesn't deserve to be tried. bad combat, slow movement, death sequence that makes you want to kill yourself. No one can take you down one on one (although the troll fights do catch my attention I can still kick it's arse if I could take down his crew before he starts attacking) and that first boss DOES NOT COUNT because he spawned baddies. they died quickly but still.

Oh Christ that was harsh.
and "Baldur's Gait"?! Hilarious.

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:
It sucks that that game sucked. I wanted a good sci-fi based on norse mythology to bad. Good review tho.

I remember this site having a video about how games are getting too easy. Kind of funny that he cries at the slightest bit of difficulty. From his comments it's pretty clear he didn't even understand very basic control aspects. While entertaining, it's a pitiful review.

There's a reason many people in the industry are speaking out and defending this game. It's fun.

This game is by far the WORST thing I have played in a long time. And there is no point in throwing "not getting the combat" rubbish at me because I finished it out of sheer determination. There is nothing Innovative or new about that combat system infact I can tell you how easy it is to break it.

Right-Stick Forward X2--> (A) ---> Hold Right-Stick towards enemy---> Land and press Right-Button.

And this will kill any group of enemies (bar the ranged Dark Elf enemy)So what innovative about it? You sound like Denis Dyack you are saying that he didn't get the basic controls but failed to say how. There is nothing to get, that's why.

This control system is not hard to get, all you do is point the bloody Thumbstick at who ever you want to die and with some enemies just Shoot their offensive arm off then kill them its nowhere near as complicated as people make it out (the devs make it out)

And there will always be SOMEBODY who will defend a game and I can assure you there is NOT "Many people in the industry" doing that because they aren't stupid.

Denis Dyack has been rambling on for quite some time about how innovative this is but I have yet so come across 1 innovative aspect of the game and here is why, they stared this game along time ago when it would have been innovative and didn't more any other aspect of the game bar the graphics to this generation.

There is a reason nobody uses the Right-Stick to control combat in a 3rd person game and its not because SK thought of it first its just other people were smart enough to know that it was a shit idea during testing.

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:
It sucks that that game sucked. I wanted a good sci-fi based on norse mythology to bad. Good review tho.

This game is by far the WORST thing I have played in a long time. And there is no point in throwing "not getting the combat" rubbish at me because I finished it out of sheer determination. There is nothing Innovative or new about that combat system infact I can tell you how easy it is to break it.

Right-Stick Forward X2--> (A) ---> Hold Right-Stick towards enemy---> Land and press Right-Button.

And this will kill any group of enemies (bar the ranged Dark Elf enemy)So what innovative about it? You sound like Denis Dyack you are saying that he didn't get the basic controls but failed to say how. There is nothing to get, that's why.

This control system is not hard to get, all you do is point the bloody Thumbstick at who ever you want to die and with some enemies just Shoot their offensive arm off then kill them its nowhere near as complicated as people make it out (the devs make it out)

And there will always be SOMEBODY who will defend a game and I can assure you there is NOT "Many people in the industry" doing that because they aren't stupid.

Denis Dyack has been rambling on for quite some time about how innovative this is but I have yet so come across 1 innovative aspect of the game and here is why, they stared this game along time ago when it would have been innovative and didn't more any other aspect of the game bar the graphics to this generation.

There is a reason nobody uses the Right-Stick to control combat in a 3rd person game and its not because SK thought of it first its just other people were smart enough to know that it was a shit idea during testing.

SK decided to do it because they knew the rest of the devs were do dumb to try it i found it too easy and way too fun. the game is too much fun for the people in this day and age

tony2077:

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:

SK decided to do it because they knew the rest of the devs were do dumb to try it i found it too easy and way too fun. the game is too much fun for the people in this day and age

All well and good you are entitled to your opinion on what is fun and what isn't, but why if theses devs are so smart did they not fix the camera if they were using the right stick for combat?

Baldurs Gait. best joke i've seen in a long time

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:

All well and good you are entitled to your opinion on what is fun and what isn't, but why if theses devs are so smart did they not fix the camera if they were using the right stick for combat?

its not perfected yet but it works and and the camera wasn't a problem

tony2077:

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:

I found the camera to be a massive problem especially when it was looking at door instead of enemies. If they allowed button mapping it would have been more tolerable or at least added the option to make the camera behind him all the time.

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:

I found the camera to be a massive problem especially when it was looking at door instead of enemies. If they allowed button mapping it would have been more tolerable or at least added the option to make the camera behind him all the time.

did you even play the same game i did i never had that problem

tony2077:

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:

As I have already stated I finished it and i failed to see the reason they cut away from the cut scenes that had any bit of violence in them towards people but that's another topic. For me the camera was useless. I fail to see how these mistakes can be made when so many other games did them fine.

EDIT: An example would be the second time you go into cyberspace and open the 3 doors by turning the stone. The one on the right which had the singular boss tore me to shred because I could not even lock onto him because apparently the camera knew better then I did and the door was a FAR bigger threat then the ONLY enemy in the room.

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

tony2077:

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:

As I have already stated I finished it and i failed to see the reason they cut away from the cut scenes that had any bit of violence in them towards people but that's another topic. For me the camera was useless. I fail to see how these mistakes can be made when so many other games did them fine.

EDIT: An example would be the second time you go into cyberspace and open the 3 doors by turning the stone. The one on the right which had the singular boss tore me to shred because I could not even lock onto him because apparently the camera knew better then I did and the door was a FAR bigger threat then the ONLY enemy in the room.

still never had that problem

Well, I gotta congratulate you on that. I've played the game for a bit (first the demo, and a friend of mine had bought it), and I had a lot of problems with the camera and lock on system.
Also, I found that when fighting in some places, you wouldn't know where you needed to go after killing all enemies because I was hopping from enemy to enemy (I played as a berserker). This means that you turn around so much and so fast, that's it's almost impossible to keep track of where you'd come from and where you needed to go.

Alleged_Alec:

Well, I gotta congratulate you on that. I've played the game for a bit (first the demo, and a friend of mine had bought it), and I had a lot of problems with the camera.
Also, I found that when fighting in some places, you wouldn't know where you needed to go after killing all enemies because I was hopping from enemy to enemy (I played as a berserker). This means that you turn around so much and so fast, that's it's almost impossible to keep track of where you'd come from and where you needed to go.

i'm used to that sort of stuff and no camera problems

i was an a**hole last time(im bleeping cause the escapist is strict and last time i got banned for spamming)

and, Too human is awesome, but thats your opinion

I'm glad to see Yahtzee has a 6 minute ad after the video.

I'm glad it's AFTER, not BEFORE. Because I don't have to download it if I don't want to in order to watch the rest of the video. Looks like they had some technical kinks with playback, might have been it's length, looks like it was fixed.

I'm glad he has a 6-minute ad for a big name title because it means that someone took notice of his work, and is giving the escapist money, and that money will mean Yahtzee gets to continue speaking extremely fast into a microphone for a living. I envy his talent, and I hope he gets every cent he can for it.

TANSTAAFL, kids. Deal with it.

snrubmanor:

Esure:
Good review if not picking a somewhat obvious target.

On another note, is Yahtzee selling out a bit? The video now loads about 10 minutes worth of video 4 of which was his review and roughly 6 being advertisements. Guess that's expected in capitalist society.

Blame The Escapist for that kind of crap. Eh, they'll probably ban me for this post. Communists.

Wait, I'm confused...are we capitalists or Communists? Just trying to figure out what to put on my business cards.

Put both. If anybody questions you on it you can just tap your nose and wink knowingly.

Susan Arendt:
Wait, I'm confused...are we capitalists or Communists? Just trying to figure out what to put on my business cards.

Comrades, are we not beings entirely fed upon the copious blessings these very people heap upon us? The collective cry of the masses is the bread and butter that gets me through the day!

maxusy3k:
Put both. If anybody questions you on it you can just tap your nose and wink knowingly.

Ooo, good call! Creates confusion and an air of mystery, all at the same time. Brilliant!

for some reason i still cant watch the videos...
i tried with IE8B2/FF3.0.3nightly/chromium(nightly chrome) with flash 10 RC installed and i cant get any video

Three points of interest on this review:

1. So much fun when he just hates the game to begin with and can then back it up with a wide variety of reasons beyond being the nth game to have a space marine. The worse the game, the more room to elaborate on it.

2. Baldur's Gait may well be the worst (i.e. cringe-inducing) pun to ever be featured on ZP, and I shook my head because I got it from the very first moment. I thus betray myself as not just a geek but someone who knows what the "best RPG evarr" is.

3. On the laceration of Yahtzee's gums: why so serious? (Interesting side, that makes two Joker references in one episode with the "Bang" flag of the government agent purging the White Knight.)

Thristle:
for some reason i still cant watch the videos...
i tried with IE8B2/FF3.0.3nightly/chromium(nightly chrome) with flash 10 RC installed and i cant get any video

Try the suggestions listed here first, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/help. If nothing helps then use the Contact Form to get in touch with tech.

lol look at the angry sheep.

I'm not even a Too Human fanboy, it's just funny when someone writes a review and doesn't even have a clue about how to play it. He said that theres a pause after every hit. That means he didn't even know to hold the stick down. Honestly, how stupid can you get?

Bandwagons are all the rage. Enjoy the ride.

EonEire:

Gohlar:

Muphin_Mann:

And yet he cried about how hard it was. That's my point. The review makes him sound like he's terrible at games. It's not the greatest game ever by any means. I was just pointing out at how clueless he was when playing it.

And btw, it was the WORST thing ever and you still finished it? Interesting.

I'm not even a Too Human fanboy

yes you are

, it's just funny when someone writes a review and doesn't even have a clue about how to play it. He said that theres a pause after every hit. That means he didn't even know to hold the stick down. Honestly, how stupid can you get?

The point remains that after you hit an enemy it takes a brutal agonizing second to start going from one enemy to the next.

There's no delay at all going from one guy to another. You fly around like a pinball...but ok, I'm a fanboy because I don't blindly agree with some clueless review. Whatever.

Just trying to share actual facts, sorry to break up the "everything sucks" party.

You fly around like a pinball.

when you're moving that is. I admit, the speed at which baldur moves when flying from place to place is awesome, but when I played the game I noticed it took more time to start moving than to get from place to place. Also, if he moves so fast why does he walk around at the speed of a snail?

I'm a fanboy because I don't blindly agree with some clueless review. Whatever.

NO, I've played the game before yahtzee did and I agree with everything he said.

"How persistent it is, this demand that our gods be perfect. The Greeks were much more reasonable about such things."

Well done Yahtzee, it feels like the old you is back and shaking his thang. That's right: I said 'thang'.
This is the breath of fresh air you needed. A truely awful attempt at a game that needed you to slate it.
And slate it you did! You made slating into an artform once again, you sexy, sexy man.
Keep searching for rubbish like Too Human, and keep tearing them to shreds in your video reviews. That's your winning formula.

Hm, no mention of the graphics, too uninterested to look up screen shots.

Waiting for when the heavy weights of the gaming industry start releasing their opuses maximas
into the fray for some real fun from Yahtzee. A barbecue of giants we will have.

I think that this game is great and that yahtzee is a bitter, stupid, hateorade drinker.

Also, does anyone know where the video is that contains the joke about the Simpsons jumping the shark, killing the shark, eating the shark, shitting out the shark, and then jumping the shit?
It might not be a Zero Punctuation video.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Magnetic2:
Hm, no mention of the graphics, too uninterested to look up screen shots.

I don't think Yahtzee mentions graphics unless they're so bad they make your eyes bleed or as good crysis.

i liked this review (NOT a joke; review). i don't own this game, and after playing about ten minutes of my friends copy, i see why. the controls reminded me too much of that old game for the xbox, ghosts and goblins (or something like that). using the second analog stick to attack was retarded then and it's retarded now. i honestly didn't even play the full ten minutes, maybe 4-7, and once i died and my friend told me how long the cut scene was, i turned it off and popped in gears of war (we then played co-op for hours to try to get the taste of shitty game out of our mouths).

Garfgarog:

sotanaht1:
I want to know that myself. He could be using them because he loves them or because he finds them overrated and wants to poke fun at them every time he gets a chance.

You can't seriously have ever not thought 'Baldur's Gate' to yourself as you play the game and hear his name.

Sure, I thought that as soon as I heard the name, though I have not played too human yet, but he has used the game in at least three reviews (so I have heard, don't remember the third), and at least one, if not both of the other times it he could have used any of a great deal of games.

I just want to know what the funniest game reviewer on the web, and one with whom I have not found myself disagreeing with often at all, thinks about the game I have the quite possibly the strongest opinion of (I am not currently saying what that opinion is, as that could color any response)

Listen I'm not a fan boy or one of the millions of mindless sheep that buy games on hype alone and I will have to admit that all of the points made are valid if a little exaggerated. However, the fact is boys and girls the game is a lot of fun. I know the camera is awkward the control scheme is "unique" and the story leaves you with questions about the conflict at hand. Yet even with this once you master the controls/camera, starting killing swarms of enemies, while co-oping and talking trash talking with a buddy you will look up and realize "hey i'm having fun?" Yes a game with such resounding technical issues and a tirade of horrid reviews is actually fun. Isn't that why we play games? You know to have fun? I hate the fact that most games are all about what crazy new graphics engine is doing the character models or how each blade of grass has its own individual physics engine. Its crazy and I think we should all step back and take a breath to realize when a game is fun then it has accomplished its ultimate goal in entertaining its audience.

<3's to Yahtzee!Thanks for making yet another awesome video ^~^!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here