Unforgotten Realms: Episode 10: FYI I'm a Spy

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Episode 10: FYI I'm a Spy

Schmoopy and Nailo have just left the caves in the mountains of Norrington, in the North. There, they encounter the Kobold leader, Maelstrom.

Watch Video

YAY new episode !

Loved the line about plot development.

i find it gettting more meh

Havn't watch it yet, but yay

XD Great episode, nice cliffhanger, I rate it five out of five Kobooooooolds.

Lol the kobold joke never gets old...

I disagree, I don't think it's getting more meh. The first few episodes were pretty funny, then it was boring for a while, but now it's picking up again. The jokes are maturing and becoming more clever and appealing to MMO or just plain video game fans, which is good because this is a video game website. Either way, I understand all of the jokes so I can't complain.

Although, I've been wondering for a while Rob. Do you still use flash or do you use pro animation programs? The shading on your characters make me think you're using Toon Boom but when I think about it it seems a little raw like Adobe Flash.

This episode was pure awesomeness. Kobolds, the aggro joke's return, Mr. Judge is back, and the great plot developement. I can't believe Mr. Judge survived a stab wound and an arrow in the forehead. Also I loved the joke where he brought up that there's really no reason for Eluamous and Schmoopy to be trying to save his grandmother since they can just ressurect her.

Not loading for me...

Love it! Or rather, Koboooooold it!

I like the thought of ROAMIN showing up to kick some serious Kobold butt. (Also, didn't the last episode end with ROAMIN fighting the Polar Bear? And now it looks like the bear is traveling with him and Gary.)

Roamin defeated the bear? Well, I'm impressed. Also, nice cliffhanger. Is this the end of Season 1?

If find that they're starting to feel a bit more like filler, not quite as funny as the first episodes. Although I can imagine it is going to happen if you want the plot to move along.

Can't wait to see R-O-A-M-I-N kick some Kabold booty.

I didn't like this episode as much as episode 9 but it was good. a couple complaints but nothing big.

First off - What happened to the battle between Roamin and the bear? I was really looking forward to watching that and it was disappointing to see it simply cut to them afterwards.

Second - I love the plot in this series but some of the humor is beginning to fall a bit flat. The new jokes about the aggro the judge, the rhyming were great, but there is too much ripping off of jokes used earlier in the series. I don't mean old jokes, I loved the scouter reference and hammer charge but many jokes are being repeated too often in the series.

Third - Why hasn't Petey learned hyperbeam?

Fourth - Why the hell hasn't Petey learned Hyperbeam!? He beat an ogre for god's sake. And on that matter, why haven't any of them gotten more powerful? I figured killing an ogre and two witches would get some exp.

Despite the extensive criticism I enjoyed the episode and I love the series. Its the only thing I watch for both plot and humor and it has potential to be better than even Zero Punctuation (but I won't get into whats wrong there knowing that I'll only start a flame war and Yahtzee would never read it anyway).

Ultimately, I love this series Its funny, it has a plot, and it has a creator that actually cares about his viewers and is willing to accept some creative criticism (hopefully). I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Whoa...big plot twist...

Unforgotten Realms is the epic tale of Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon, the dual nunchuk-wielding sorcerer and Eluamous Nailo, Master Wizard in training (AKA Rob and Mike)

I always thought Sir Schmoopy was a Lumberjack?

No he just wanted to be one.

hehe I continue to like this show Koboooooooooooold!

Oh no! To be continued!

Maelstrom's voice made me happy.

Kudos for the MGS cardboard box reference and extra credit for: 'Hello, R-O-A-M-I-N? No you idiot, I don't want to go bowling!' That made my day right there. Gotta love the nod to gamer culture.

Wow... I did not see that plot twist coming. Keep them coming man.

You sir are a prodigy. Unfortunatley if you ever happen to get a gob as a animator for live televised broadcasting your supiriors would probaly try to fix your genius turning it into a piece of crap.

Soxfan1016:

First off - What happened to the battle between Roamin and the bear? I was really looking forward to watching that and it was disappointing to see it simply cut to them afterwards.

Second - I love the plot in this series but some of the humor is beginning to fall a bit flat. The new jokes about the aggro the judge, the rhyming were great, but there is too much ripping off of jokes used earlier in the series. I don't mean old jokes, I loved the scouter reference and hammer charge but many jokes are being repeated too often in the series.

1. Wait and see?

2. Honestly, if your still bitching about me using jokes from the originals you are just a tool. Half the fans want to see more of the originals and half want new content. I find a fair ground so why keep rehashing old points.

3. Wait and see? You just whined about me doing old jokes and now you want them? Seriously.

Solid episode! I still watch the old ones from time to time as background.

This is about the only thing I come to the escapist for nowadays.

SirSchmoopy:

Soxfan1016:

1. Wait and see?

2. Honestly, if your still bitching about me using jokes from the originals you are just a tool. Half the fans want to see more of the originals and half want new content. I find a fair ground so why keep rehashing old points.

3. Wait and see? You just whined about me doing old jokes and now you want them? Seriously.

Fair enough Schmoopy, I didnt mean to offend (clearly I did.), just a little criticism and while No.3 was an old joke, I'd like to see Petey actually do something. It was a contradicting point I do realize, but I still think it would be an interesting development. If people demand the old jokes, I'll probably be the first to bitch about it but I like the series enough for plot that it doesn't matter. Hopefully I haven't pissed you off to the point where you've decided to ignore my posts...

Again, I really didn't want to offend, I really love the series. It was just constructive criticism and I make a point of not reading the forums for the most part, the internet seems to be more and more opposed to intelligence these days (although the escapist does seem to be the most intelligent forum around.) As for calling me a tool for mentioning the jokes, that was the first time I'd posted, I've only joined a couple days ago and I haven't had the opportunity to read the pages of praise/bile nor do I plan to. Thats my honest opinion and you can ignore and/or yell at me if you like. I was only providing some ideas I thought would be helpful. You have a problem with that then I'm afraid I was sadly mistaken about this series.

thanks por this fine chapter... koboooooooooold... XD

I really like Maelstrom... I mean, I wouldn't hang out with the guy, but he makes for a great character so far. Hooray for new and interesting villains! Woohoo!

Awesomeness.

Isity.

I have only one thing to say to you Robert Moran.

If your going to quit, do it now.

Don't draw it out. It's clear that loads of people love this series and your work, and to suggest that you would quit because not enough people are joining your forums is the equivalent of an adult tantrum.

UR is awsome just admit it Soxfan1016. i watched the origonals my self. the only ones i didnt like from them were the ones were they used too much of WoW in it. Leroy jenkins was takeing it a bit far but you recovered well with the cliff hanger. that realy got me in stiches.

i love DnD ust wish i could find somewere to get the stuff i need to play it, if i could id be playing it all the time.

This was the best episode so far.

I think the first 2 episodes are probably the best, then it went a little "fine" (not bad but not great) now its just pure awesome these last two episodes. I didnt want this episode to end :(

How do people think this is meh? it is EPIC win

No voice thing at the end? Well, At least the episode was funny. Still a bit disappointed.

Fantastic. I look forward to these.

This series makes me a happy man. Thank you so much :)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here