Zero Punctuation: XBLA Double Bill

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

XBLA Double Bill

Yahtzee reviews Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Castle Crashers, and the retro games in general.

Photo courtesy of Dave Bullock, EECUE

Retro games? On my ZP?

Yep I hated the lives system on Bionic Commando. Didn't find this very funny though.
Magneto was right would've been funnier.

Awesome! Best one in the last few months (imo). Keep up the anger!

I thought that Yahtzee is going to review Star Wars: The Force Unleashed but retro stuff is good too

Lives system ----> Health Bars ----> Stupid hide-behind-cover and cry abit to heal

Couldn't we just stay at health bars...

You're right, Yahtzee, Fantasy World Dizzy isn't the best game ever. Treasure Island Dizzy is.

You are good, but don't meddle with LoZ:OoT, you are not that good.

Oh my got you think Hitler was right? I thought you were stupid but not that stupid, how dare you even say such a thing?!

Seriously though, way better than last week's video :D

Not getting enough hate-mail these days or something? LMAO, btw.

Ahh, classic Yahtzee.
The Hitler thing comically finished me off =P

"I think Hitler was right!!!!"
(Also, i really liked ocarina of time, even better than twilight princess, because it gets everything right on the first try.)

Good to hear some views on Castle Crashers; I've heard a lot of hype about it but didn't really know what it was like.

Cheers.

Awesome video, I like Castle Crashers and a very fun game when you play it with 4 people. It's not trying to "ape" Golden axe, they have based there game from Alien homnid

That ZP was great, better than a lot of the others.

MaDsPLoiTz:
Good to hear some views on Castle Crashers; I've heard a lot of hype about it but didn't really know what it was like.

Cheers.

You might want to try a proper review for that one.

Another great review :P The Hitler line got me laughing, but i REALLY Laughed when i saw the credits

for a second I thought he said wind waker was better then OoT, and thought he must have been on crack while playing that one

Ah if only jhonen vasquez did make a game....

juraigamer:
Lives system ----> Health Bars ----> Stupid hide-behind-cover and cry abit to heal

Couldn't we just stay at health bars...

Stupidly Hard ----> Reasonably Hard ----> Far to Easy/Games Yahtzee can Beat

I kid on the last one. However, I do agree with your main point that perhaps gaming in general is getting too easy and perhaps a step back isn't always a bad thing when it's game mechanics and not graphics.

"Also, I think Hitler was right!"
I laughed so much, great punchline.
Best one in a while. Although Castle Crasher's is awesome, and that's a part of that type of gameplay for boss's to try and block your view.
Keep it up at the standard we have this week.

Bionic Commando: Rearsed

An interesting little romp into the world of arcade gaming.

Although, a notable comment that Yahtzee touched on, but missed home plate for:

Games like Bionic Commando were difficult because they put you in the position to have finite mortality, and forced you to hop, skip, jump, and die in a pit of death back to the beginning of the stage because that's what makes it difficult. That's it. The designs are simple, which allows for simple memorization to fuel the patterns once you've got the speed of it down.

The same way people can speed-run games like Ikaruga and Metal Slug. Sure, they're challenging, but once you've memorized them... That's it, game over, difficulty shot.

So, in short, in review of a review. Good video, decent humor, but not as all-encompassing. Probably because it was cut apart into two games.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

EDIT
Considering this is my first foray into the realm of Feature Comment posting, I must say I'm shocked to find that in the time it took me to write and post this, the comment number had well over quintupled. There were two comments when I started writing this...

Just, wow...

Megaman1222:
for a second I thought he said wind waker was better then OoT, and thought he must have been on crack while playing that one

I... I'm at a loss for words on this one. I personally thought Wind Waker was the best of the Legend of Zelda series, or at least tying up with Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. Ocarina of Time, to me at least, was a large and very resounding "decent."

Why do people hate on Wind Waker so much, was it the cel-shading?

This review felt fresher and more full of bounce and ideas than some of the more recent ones, so it's definitely going on my rewatch/comb for icon ideas list.

I can cheerfully confirm that I am utterly depraved.

Uuh...yay?

Seriously, maybe I'm just getting too used to this, but this video was absolutely mediocre. There wasn't even a single sequence, joke, line or image that was worth even a smirk. I suppose I should stop watching ZP for a while then come back. Who knows, maybe it'll improve it!

What was the Hitler comment at the end all about? lol

Ah, wonderfull! Again my weekly thirst for cynisism has been quenched.
Still, i'm waiting for you to rip Force Unleashed to shreds.

Ya, Sunshine is definatly better than Super Mario 64, but Twighlight Princess better than Ocarina of Time? It's close.

afrophysics:

MaDsPLoiTz:

Cheers.

You might want to try a proper review for that one.

Like, for example, this one: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/5252-Review-Castle-Crashers

wow no, maybe I'll give you Sunshine over Mario 64 (and definitely galaxy over it)

but Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time?...that's just ever so slightly categorically incorrect. there's an equation that proves it and everything

it goes along the lines of:

Ocarina = better than Twilight Princess. Simple. It had you as a bloody wolf for half the game and borrowed pretty much everything from Ocarina of time. eegads

rant over

funny chat today yahtzee, always hilarious calling children c*nts because they ARE

Excellent! Only reason I came to The Escapist - It makes my Wednesday's better :D

well yathzee u obviously haven't played fallout

cause that game still beats every other game anytime, that's made in this day and age! (except maybe team fortress 2)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here