This Week in Gaming History

This Week in Gaming History

It's time to crack open the time capsule and take a look at this week in gaming history.

Read Full Article

This thread is totally random...i could see linking games that are similar but why burger king and kingdom hearts? this seems more like "this is what i did this weekend" post than an actual news update.

It's what happened this week in gaming in the past few years. Makes sense to me.

There's too much "hur, hur, Halo/Gears of War/(enter relatively new game here) is the pinnacle of game design" thinking going around a lot of the games community - sometimes it's good to have a look back and analyse the games which shaped gaming as it is today. That's the purpose of this column.

Murmur95:
This thread is totally random...i could see linking games that are similar but why burger king and kingdom hearts? this seems more like "this is what i did this weekend" post than an actual news update.

In reference to last weekend, I actually played Civ, but no one wants to read a column revolving around how even global domination still means having to do one's own laundry on occasion. :)

But since I'm here, true story and addendum to the article itself, a friend and I did go to Burger King while the promotion was going just to check out the kitsch value in these games. In that respect, it was a memorable success. Why? I don't eat fast food that often, but yeah, I'll have fries with my advergame in the name of research.

Glad to see everyone reading though - in the process of getting information for this week, I learned October was a pretty interesting month and can't wait to share.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here