The Escapist Presents: The Escapist Film Festival

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Escapist Film Festival

The Escapist's Russ Pitts and de-rez's Chris Slack tell you how to submit your video to win a contract with The Escapist.

Check the Film Festival Page for more details, and submission instructions.

Watch Video

i want to respond... but shock, laughter, and shock are preventing anything profound.

wow, i have way more respect for Chris Slack
oh... wait..

So Russ, how "skilled" is Chris Slack?

Oh man that was goodness.

Truly a giggle worthy effort. Well done, guys!

That is a very manly voice there Russ.....And Chris....What in the name of the gummi-bears Were you thinking

I shall create a video!

Don't worry I'm joking, nice video by the way.

I'm already working on one..... Something in the vein of Steve Irwin and David Attenborough.

Im already working on my new master piece!

''slurp slurp slurp''

I recently submitted my "master peice", *cough*. I had to cut back on some parts because of the time limit but otherwise its good to go. Unfortunately it doesn't contain any in the flesh actors but there are voice overs.

Hahaha! That was so hilarious. It's interesting, I've never seen Russ making a fool of himself like that in The Escapist videos, including on the E3 Coverage series. Never the less, it was still funny; him tripping over... It looked as if it actually happened. Well acted?

And thanks for inspiring me to join.

Archetype:
Never the less, it was still funny; him tripping over... It looked as if it actually happened. Well acted?

Thanks! I've been dying to use my professional falling skills on an Escapist video. We did four takes and a practice. On concrete. Afterward I realized what an idiotic idea that was. But it looks great on film.

Funny stuff, hope there are some good contributions this year again.

I'd love to enter but I'm naff at filming. Script writing, however...

The_root_of_all_evil:

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm clearly better at falling on my face than anything else, so I need friends with skills to get anything done. And by "friends" I mean employees. But before I was all-powerful and lordly, I used friends.

Russ Pitts:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm clearly better at falling on my face than anything else, so I need friends with skills to get anything done. And by "friends" I mean employees. But before I was all-powerful and lordly, I used friends.

To quote "I have friends I haven't even used, yet..." ;)

I would so particiate, but I think it would take too much of my time to contribute on a regular basis.

I'm definitely going to enter.

Anarchemitis:
I would so particiate, but I think it would take too much of my time to contribute on a regular basis.

Even time is no longer a deterrent. We've thought of everything! Our contracts with video producers are fairly flexible, and some of our video contributors do this as a full-time job. (i.e. the money is decent)

Besides, the time commitment is only a problem if you win, and if you're THAT good, it shouldn't be a problem. Or, as we say, it's a high-class problem.

Seriously, if anyone is on the fence about contributing, go ahead and jump in. At the very least you'll get a chance to see how good you really are. You might surprise yourself.

Russ Pitts:

Archetype:
Never the less, it was still funny; him tripping over... It looked as if it actually happened. Well acted?

Thanks! I've been dying to use my professional falling skills on an Escapist video. We did four takes and a practice. On concrete. Afterward I realized what an idiotic idea that was. But it looks great on film.

That's what it's all about, right?

oldmanscene24:
That's what it's all about, right?

Bet your ass. Or mine, as the case may be.

I've got a grande idea, i'll just talk really fast, and rip games to shit and back... Oh B****cks.

Seriously though, am working on something.

That pratfall is a near-constant source of enjoyment for me.

I have a mind full of ideas. Though I have no camera, actors, scriptwriters or animators. I might be able to do the script job, though I will probably do better as a producer. It seems easy, just walking around and falling on your face, taking credit for others hard work. Easy.

I thoroughly enjoyed the poses for dramatic cause.

this just the thing i was looking for, Btw how old do you need to enter/, it isn't exactly clear.

Russ Pitts:

Archetype:

Well done! You did a fantastic job.

03fb:
this just the thing i was looking for, Btw how old do you need to enter/, it isn't exactly clear.

The submission page is linked in the video text blurb. But HERE IT IS AGAIN, just for you. All the details on how to enter are there. Enjoy!

As for specific age requirements, if you can legally apply for a job, you can enter this contest.

This is great! I had an idea in my head anyway that I was going to produce solely on Youtube. But now that this came up I think I'll submit and see how good I really am!

One question, is it possible to submit multiple videos? Not of the same thing but of your different ideas.

I also need to add props in this thread to my fabulous crew. brice85, CaptainCrunch and Slycne worked stupid hard on this thing, and since we ran it as a promo, they didn't get a credit at the end.

brice85 - camera
CaptainCrunch - sound / truck wrangler
Slycne - PA / sound

We shot this video in about an hour and a half with five setups, indoor and outdoor. That's actually pretty amazing. I've seen videos like that one take two days to shoot. I couldn't have done it without those gents who are all incredibly talented at what they do and could all be out there doing this stuff without me. I hope you'll get to see us presenting some of their stuff very soon.

Reload92:
One question, is it possible to submit multiple videos? Not of the same thing but of your different ideas.

Absolutely.

I thought that man with the boom mike looked rather handsome.

Colour me inspired! I have an idea for the festival, though I doubt it's a very creative idea, and I highly doubt it will spark laughter. But I will submit it ANYWAY! As for the age thing, it shouldn't be a problem because I'm pretty sure that the local legal working age is 14(haha, I know, I'm a little kid) because I know people that are my age that are working, and it's not like they have a paper route, they are working for min. wage in restaurants....so hopefully that won't be a problem

what if there is 2 perfectly tied for first place

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)