The Escapist Presents: The Escapist Film Festival

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Russ Pitts:
That wouldn't be a problem for us, but it might be for you. If your brother wins the contest (and you don't) I imagine that'd make for some serious negative energy around the foosball table.

We had to sell the foosball table after I broke our TV that time he won...

I would honestly be really proud if my bro became a victor in this arena, if he won an escapist contract he would have an excuse to quit his job at menswear at the Bay.

Planning on entering myself, I'm the kind that is pretty sure I will be showed up by many a bad-assed awesome film maker. Being part of the process is part of the coolness of it all.

Just a very quick question, is there any way to check and make sure your video submission was uploaded correctly? I got the final screen that said it was uploaded successfully, but that was preceded by a lot random code that I didn't understand.

Just wanted to double check and see if everyone else got the same screen. Thanks!

Fantastic video Russ and De-ReZ. I chuckled quite intensely. Oh and was that a cliff b impersonation?

A question for Russ Pitts, is the five minute time limit absolutely concrete? My film is currently five minutes and fifteen seconds, and I've really cut everything that I can. Does this matter, or will it be instantly disqualified?

Cheers

Hi there, I'm not sure if anyone is still watching this thread however I have an uploading error. When I upload I get a page full of errors such as;

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /sixpack/web/global/classes/class.image.inc on line 68

Yet at the bottom it says the upload was succesfull, It's a very confusing page. I've uploaded twice on two different PC's on different networks and was wondering If there was a way I could confirm whether or not my video has uploaded?
Thanks.

@Timtimfed: Your video did upload successfully. Sometimes the system just likes spitting back errors. Not sure why.

And now the bad news: the 5 minute time limit is absolute. Sorry. Videos over 5 minutes in length will be instantly disqualified.

smallharmlesskitten:
I can only record in PAL... is that a problem or can that be worked around.

Not sure. Try it and see. If I can't see it, I'll consider that a problem. ;)

johnman:
Hey, me and my friend are making a video and would like to enter the contest, but are both 16. Can we still enter if our parents fill out the consent form?

Sorry it took so long to respond to this one, but ... yes.

Russ Pitts:
@Timtimfed: Your video did upload successfully. Sometimes the system just likes spitting back errors. Not sure why.

And now the bad news: the 5 minute time limit is absolute. Sorry. Videos over 5 minutes in length will be instantly disqualified.

Er, I know I asked the question but to clarify was that directed at my submission? I ended up cutting it to exactly five minutes and was just hoping that in the uploading process it hadn't displayed the running time as 5:01 or something.
Sorry, i'm just paranoid to make sure it's uploaded correctly.

Cheers.

I assume there won't be an extension to the submission deadline? :)

If all goes according to plan we will film and then have a couple of days to have the video ready to upload. It's gonna be tight.

Timtimfed:

Russ Pitts:

Er, I know I asked the question but to clarify was that directed at my submission? I ended up cutting it to exactly five minutes and was just hoping that in the uploading process it hadn't displayed the running time as 5:01 or something.
Sorry, i'm just paranoid to make sure it's uploaded correctly.

Cheers.

You're safe. Thanks for the submission.

Braininator:

Er, no. The ability to work on a deadline is part of the test. Good luck!

Russ Pitts:

Braininator:

Er, no. The ability to work on a deadline is part of the test. Good luck!

Anyone in Australia that is currently studying is extremely busy with either exams or final assignments. But I guess one country has to get the bad luck of the draw! :)

We did get 'something' filmed yesterday, so expect an entry!

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here even though I've been watching the different video series on here for a while. I just wanted to thank The Escapist for running this film festival contest. I already submitted an entry and I hope the judges are looking for something that has lasting potential and story growth as opposed to a short one burst sizzle video. I'm way too overcritical of my work but I'm feel my video is a good introduction to a potential series but not as attractive if just taken at face value. Anyway, I'm glad to have had the chance to excercise some creativity and enter this contest. Thanks again Escapist!

Just wanted to remind everyone make sure to wait until you are prompted that your video upload finished. I'll send PMs out in the morning for anyone who has an entry with no video uploaded.

I'm down to the last few hours to submit the video, but its not taking the upload. I select the file and everything, but nothing happens when I hit upload.
I know I'm a total n00b here, but me and my friend have been working really hard up until this point on this video, and it would really suck if I couldn't get it submitted. Any help would be appreciated.

Yatta Cloud:
I'm down to the last few hours to submit the video, but its not taking the upload. I select the file and everything, but nothing happens when I hit upload.
I know I'm a total n00b here, but me and my friend have been working really hard up until this point on this video, and it would really suck if I couldn't get it submitted. Any help would be appreciated.

Use Firefox and just wait... It took about half an hour for me

Umm Russ? After the deadline could you PM me there is some stuff about the video I need to send (it may be in one of my failed uploads

Edit: It's just general info on the video as a series

Did it give you any notification that it was uploading? (I am using firefox at least)

Yatta Cloud:
Did it give you any notification that it was uploading? (I am using firefox at least)

No... It just sat there and down the bottom it said some stuff about castfire... just click the button and wait

Alrighty. Thanks for the advice. I'll let it sit for awhile.

Well, figured out the problem. I was trying to upload a 9 GB file. Guess rendering it at the highest quality was probably not the best idea for uploading it.

Yatta Cloud:
Well, figured out the problem. I was trying to upload a 9 GB file. Guess rendering it at the highest quality was probably not the best idea for uploading it.

Yes.... we did call the limit at 100MB....

(curses old camera)

Lol. Yes indeed, I did miss that part...unfortunately (dur). I do love my HD camera though. But, I am just happy to finally have it uploading. Scared to death I was going to miss it.

Yatta Cloud:
Lol. Yes indeed, I did miss that part...unfortunately (dur). I do love my HD camera though. But, I am just happy to finally have it uploading. Scared to death I was going to miss it.

Have you downsized it? and you do realise resolution is 640x480

(I'm going to stop now because I may get into trouble)

Yes indeed. Its finally done uploading. Downsized and all.

I had used Safari on my IMac and had no problems with the upload. I left it alone overnight, so I don't know the actual amount of time it took to upload -- but I was greeted by a friendly screen this morning telling me that the upload was a success and that I would be able to see the video in the gallery after it had been cleared.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a PM in case something wacky happened in the upload process, and I'll try to quickly send it again from my work PC before the deadline!

Good luck everybody!

My entry uploaded pretty quickly, which was a relief.

Good luck to everyone!

Got the warning message and the thank you message after the upload, so hopefully it's all there!

It's 1:30 AM for me right now, so I won't write too much at the moment, but cheers to The Escapist for putting this on. It's great to see a company making use of both Internet video and talented people! Good luck to all who entered - looking forward to some great videos!

With the deadline roughly an hour way, I'd like to request a PM just to make sure my video uploaded last night. I understand if all you have time for is a simple "Yes we did get it" or "No we did not get it", but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thank you!

Hey judges. Just wonderin'. I didn't check this thread till now, but there's nothing on the contest page about resolution. Mines 720x480, since it's the Adobe DV standard resolution. Is that going to be a real problem? I already submitted my entry and it would be a shame for it to get tossed for something silly like this. I'd be willing to resize and submit it again, but it's passed the deadline now. It's 50 megs in WMV format and roughly 4:15 in length so those fit the requirements. I just hope it's ok that it's slightly wider than the standard.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here