Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Wow, bets review for review for months yahtzee, great work. Your right, Lucas is to blame for everything

You know the PS360 version isn't exactly a good game either.

most of the review is critisizm on the limitations of the wii... I am playing it on the 360 now and it is very good! Graphics awesome, level design sometimes a bit dodgy with invisible walls, the combat is fantastic, some annoying unskippable sequenses but what surprised me is that darth vader's aprentice of all ppl is turning to the light side, and there is nothing I can do about it! I didn't buy the game so I could be sensitive or care about anyone! I just want to be an evil bastard, kill all who opose me and rule the galaxy!!! *evil laughter*

not the best game evar, but I deffinately like it!

I've definitely heard mixed reviews about this game. Not all Star Wars games are shit, just the most recent ones (LEGO Star Wars? Is George Lucas really that desparate?)

Still, I will forever hold up the original Knights of the Old Republic as one of the best RPG's I've ever played, and Revan, Bastila, and Carth are some of the greatest Star Wars characters. KOTOR 2 was ok, but I hear that they may be making a KOTOR 3.

If it came out, I'd play it more out of loyalty to the KOTOR series more than anything. I just hope they don't kill it too badly.

Not your best. This is the first one I didn't laugh at, not even once.

Good review, kudos for use of "deadite."

Not really surprising Lucas is still milking SW brittle tits.

I'm glad you did the Wii version. Xplay ripped to shreds the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version, then there was a batch of people going around saying it's the Wii version that is good. I had my doubts and you just confirmed them.

Aww, I was expecting a Silent Hill 5 review. Oh well, I'm sure it's coming and will be deliciously ranty. I share your prequel trilogy and Lucas rage though. Very very much.

I said I'd get the Wii version if the light saber noise comes out of the controller, but I guess it doesn't. And I guess the Wii version sucks. SIGH. Oh well, I still have de Blob until my 360 comes back from the repair place.

I played the 360 version, and while the story was "canon" and a complete piece of redundant crap, the game was actually decent. Not great, not good, but decent. The levels were boring and repetitive, the dialogue was uninspired, and for the sake of all that is good and just, who thought it was a good idea for the Star Destroyer part? Hmmm? I want to know, I'll just wait here until someone goes to find him/her/it. I bet it was Joss Whedon, sounds like something he'd do.

It was however the first decent action Star Wars game in recent history, so I'll let that go, (And I'm not counting either of the Battlefront games or one of my favorites KOTOR.)

very funny yahtzee.

Nice review. you really weren't missing anything with the 360/ps3 versions, i assure you.

I'm actually quite satisfied with the 360 version. There are a coupe of examples of the AI being absolutely borked, (TIE factory in particular) and some of the Holocrons require acrobatics of such precision that it would put Nightwing to shame, but I am pleased overall. I am not entirely sure it was a good idea to allow the winning of over half the achievements on the first playthrough, as it lessens the incentive to re-play, but I will anyway, what with being a completionist.

A decent Star Wars game needs to feature the genuine flair of Knights Of The Old Republic, the extended customisation options present in The Sith Lords, a degree of control over The Force as demonstrated in The Force Unleashed, and an arcade ship section as seen in Rogue Squadron 2 (not 3, Rebel Strike can burn). Meld all those together into one game and make it about 50 hours long, and I'd be satisfied.

Volucer:
I too blame Lucas...and not just for this game, for everything that's wrong in the world.

I blame Lucas for Hitler. Hitler had a time machine, and was forced to watch Episode III in the cinema. That was the last thread on a very short rope.

If only Star Wars were a franchise I stopped caring about after the first movie of the prequel, then I wouldn't have anything constructive to offer to the review other than "Jar Jar Har Har".

Oh wait... it were.

I think it was more a review of the Wii and Starwars than Starwars The Force Unleashed.

MpSai:
Aww, I was expecting a Silent Hill 5 review. Oh well, I'm sure it's coming and will be deliciously ranty. I share your prequel trilogy and Lucas rage though. Very very much.

I said I'd get the Wii version if the light saber noise comes out of the controller, but I guess it doesn't. And I guess the Wii version sucks. SIGH. Oh well, I still have de Blob until my 360 comes back from the repair place.

A. It's far too soon, since its just got out
B. Australia banned SH: Homecoming and Yahtzee can't get his hands on this game.

Now we know what "TFU" stnds for...in STFU
jk
anyway, this is proof that the Wii is lame (actually, it's one more proof on a mountain of proof)
Can't we expect a SH5 review??? :(
I'm playing it and giving it a 8,5/10 so far ^-^
+/- equilibrated weapons, great monsters, nice little plot going on, and NPC buddies who lend you a hand :D

The other versions arnt really better lol. But seriously you should have known that when a multiplatform game that comes out on the wii its usually garbage, if you want to review a wii game try De Blob, its fantastic.

Wow, that was an awesome review! Couldn't help but crack up damn near every 8 seconds.

George Lucas causes cancer.

Random argument man:

A. It's far too soon, since its just got out
B. Australia banned SH: Homecoming and Yahtzee can't get his hands on this game.

Australia is so weird. But bans never stopped people from importing games before.

Nice one yahtzee, but you just ignored the "review" part of the review more than you usually do. But in my mind ZP is less about reviews and more about the great points you make, like about things ruining the market and how a buissness that makes GAMES is too company-run. Reviewing your "reviews" with the wrong mindset can lead to viewing you unfairly, because you don't give a score and things (cough, mailbag showdown, cough) But overall you kind of repeated the same thing over and over closer to the end, instead of making a lot of great points supporting one big one. A great review as always though.

So don't say he's not actually reviewing and just crucifying the games for laughs (kind of ironic) he's just trying, subconsciously maybe, to make points. So look at him more fairly.

I also agree the prequel series is atrocious and most of it's games (or, pretty much almost ALL of the star wars games)don't turn out too well. Though this game might not be prequel series, it still gives us that kind of material.

I didn't think the chick was that unusual. I mean, my eyes, too, oscilate rather than do any of this so-called "blinking" nonsense.

I thought that was the norm. Apparently not. Perhaps I should see a doctor.

Man, I'm so grateful I get down on my fat white knees and thank God and my lucky stars every single day that I'm not, nor ever have been a starwars fan.

wii sucks the forced unleashed is a good game well at least for the 360 and anyone who thinks other wise doesn't know good games long live the 360

To be honest, from what I've heard George Lucas Didn't actually have much to do with the game. Krome came up with the idea, he said he liked the sound of it and then they bounced ideas off him until they came up with a complete storyline.

Please note that this is not a comment defending George at all.

Anyone else think his voice sounds different in this one?

I don't mean like he had a cold or something; more like a different mic or different compression or somesuch.

Quite true about the SW franchise, its getting worse and worse I think.

Bring back the good old days when SW games made you drool i.e. Tie Fighter.

*applause*

well.. the idea of the game was an interesting one..

but I suppose my fav part was when Yahtzee pointed out how odd it is that Luke is so weak when compared to the super pimped out characters from these games.. and even the characters in episodes 1,2,3

anyways.. good review.

I'm also kinda sad about the Wii scene quieting down.. I'm already waiting for the next Zelda game.. hopefully in Wind Waker graphics :D

*claps* man that was the best episode I've seen in a while. I especially loved the jab reference to the wii's soon to be released but should have been included from the start penis extension wiimote plus attachment which half the people commenting seemed to have missed so far.

This is a fanboy game with a fanfiction like storyline for fanboy star wars gamers, I mean the main character has a force push shockwave for gods sake! How much more fanboy then that can you get? Oh yeah every other new force power they added just for this game XP

P.S.

Spacewolf:
why do poeple hate the Prequels the 1st one had a good lightaaber sequnce the second one had a good battle and the 3rd one had both you can just skip the rest, anyone great reveiw glad i bought the PS3 vesion

A better question is you need to ask? Oh wait your alias is Spacewolf well that partly explains it...

The criticism was spot on and the review itself was hilarious. Zero you do not get old!

Bring on next week!

I still can't comprehend why Star Wars is held on such a hig pedestal by so many people who expect so much more for it, accept that Star Wars is essentially a story about magical space wizards with laser swords, turn off your brain, and enjoy it for what it is: fun.

this review sounds more like a direct insult to the wii. lol. now I think about it... thats probably why he picked the wii version of this game

That's what he gets for buying a game for the Wii. If the Holocaust had Wiis it would be so bad it would have had to been wiped from the history books and forgotten about forever just so the human race could go on. I just thought of that now. Not sure why.

Okay, the review of the game itself was decent, but the last Minute of it was the usual bullS(explicit) ranting that I've come to expect from the escapist.

Volucer:
I too blame Lucas...and not just for this game, for everything that's wrong in the world.

Idiot. That's the same thing as "Video games are responsible for fat kids and increased violence."

Giygas:
It's funny how you assume the 360/PS3 versions are better, the game itself is just bad

Okay, not to get all ranty, but the game isn't really that bad.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here