TGS 2008: Video - Only in Japan

Video - Only in Japan

Day One of The Escapist's Tokyo Game Show coverage is notable for virtual earthquakes, strange characters and giant robots.

Watch Video

The moment with Bomberman was priceless.

That was great, man! The Godzilla bit at the very end almost made me spew on my keyboard. I can't wait to see more!

HobbesMkii:

Absolutely fantastic moment. Not a lot of game to it though, just the Dragonball Z one and the appearance of Bomberman.

Bomberman was pritty awesome

Dude, that looks like so much fun. What was the earthquake simulator all about?

i think i remember that earthquake simulator from some japanese game show clip. There was a monkey.

So envious. It looks like a blast!

Milkatron:
Not a lot of game to it though

More game coverage is coming, don't worry. These are just some teasers.

Your Kahmehameha could use work. Perhaps Super Sayan Russ?

Russ, it's Sho-Ryu-Ken for the fireball. ;)

HobbesMkii:

Oh, I still can't see the screen because the tears that have filled my eyes. buwahahahahahaha

Go, Go, Godzilla!
Go, Go, Godzilla!

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high tension wires down.

Helpless people on a subway train scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down as he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say hes got to go!
Go, Go, Godzilla! Yeah!

That opening is so awesome. I don't know how you're going to top it.

Hehe I love that song! I still think that I would also make an awesome video personality.. you just gotta give me a chance man! ;)

Can't wait to see the next one!

HHAHAH dance with the little pink one eye thingy!!

sv93:
HHAHAH dance with the little pink one eye thingy!!

You mean Bomberman. And he has two eyes. And he's awesome.

Spinwhiz:

HobbesMkii:

Oh, I still can't see the screen because the tears that have filled my eyes. buwahahahahahaha

I started to scream outloud about how cute that was. And really, that's not me. I'm totally serious. Trust me... :D

Lol @ the earthquake machine :D

indeed, indeed, everything they said, I totaly agree...

It's good to know that Bomberman has recovered from that horrible "Zero" incident.

I always feel sorry for people who have to wear those character outfits, but they also get paid alot to wear them, so I envy them as well.

That thing with Bomberman was hilarious, you guys just started dancing and hopping around, fantastic

you look like your enjoying yourself..... a lot

Crazy...ass...Japan.

In case anyone is wondering, Tommy Lee Jones is apparently the cultural equivalent of Chuck Norris here. Google Image search Tommy Lee BOSS.

And yes, watching Russ dance with bomberman is as fun as it looks. Especially since he (bomberman) wasn`t dancing at all until Russ ran up and just started making him dance.

My blood sugar is so low that i resorted to licking sugar off of what i think was a doughnut (but filled with... paste of ... beats...?. They have nothing sweet here, everything is salty, spicy, or sour, no sweet.

</end update. Typing on japanese keyboard=very difficult>

Yes. We are worried about brice85. Thinking of stealing sugar packets from the coffee shop and setting up an IV.

Slycne:

Milkatron:
Not a lot of game to it though

More game coverage is coming, don't worry. These are just some teasers.

If they continue to be this hilarious I don't know how I'm going to get work done while I'm laughing so hard. :)

The earthquake simulator is about like sitting in your chair, having someone come up behind you, and push you while saying `boo` really loud. Over and over again. Terrible for sound too.

Ye bomberman dance was awesome XD.

oHH That was bomber man i remember playing his game lol the dance was the best 0_0

I'm hurt, guys.

It's well known amongst people in the office here that I love giant robots. And this video clearly proves that there were giant robots in Tokyo.

And yet they brought back nothing for me. It's unfair, I tell you.

BOMBERMAN! ROFL!

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)