Review: Crysis: Warhead

Review: Crysis: Warhead

It's like Crysis, but better.

Read Full Article

Very good review. I note that there's quite some competition in the Guest Reviews category at the moment, so well done on getting a second review, and well done on doing it so well.

Something really confuses me about Psycho, though - he's only a Sergeant, and while I recognise that it's a position with more power in the British Army and the SAS (which I presume that he's from), and yet, he appears to command Nomad in the first game, who is a Lieutenant, and should, by all logic, be ordering Psycho around.

It's a common media stereotype, all be it grounded in some fact. Sergeants have to be promoted through the enlisted ranks, which means they tend to have more experience. As opposed to a Lieutenant, who could be straight out of Officers School and still be a little green.

Nice review, I'll probably be picking up Crysis: Warhead based on this now.

RAKtheUndead:

Something really confuses me about Psycho, though - he's only a Sergeant, and while I recognise that it's a position with more power in the British Army and the SAS (which I presume that he's from), and yet, he appears to command Nomad in the first game, who is a Lieutenant, and should, by all logic, be ordering Psycho around.

It can indeed be confusing. Psycho is actually from the SAS (a common catchphrase in Warhead is "I'm BRITISH, you muppets!"), but orders Nomad around more as a senior member than as a ranking CO. Nomad apparently filled O'Neill's slot in Raptor Team after he failed a qualifying exam (or something).

Thanks. I was considering getting it but now I suppose I will.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here