TGS 2008: Video - Booth Babes

Video - Booth Babes

In-between important assignments ... the crew spends some time with the booth babes.

Watch Video

I'd like to make a well-thought out and deep and meaningful comment on the video, but I just have to say:

This is the hottest thing I have ever seen!!!

Also I thought the pointing thing was hilarious, she stopped the game ages ago Russ.

Was that electronic twister I saw?

All boobs and miniskirts is super hot HD! Subscribe Now!!

Konichi-Wa, bishōjo.

I know its hard to steer the eyes away from all those cute Japanese women, but did anyone else catch the white bag near the end that clearly said SEGA ?

Day = Made

1 plane ticket to JAPAN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...because Booth Babes are an important part of any game show?

Still, I depressed no one dressed up like Mothra.

TomNook:
Was that electronic twister I saw?

Yes. Yes it was. I hesitated to participate, because, without knowing Japanese, there was no way to know what color and body part he was telling you to put in play. By the time I decided that would make even better video, they were done for the day. This is one of my few regrets of the show.

Maybe they'll make one in english and sell it and you can try it then. Oh and when is the winner for The Escapist film festival announced?

Late november

Syphonz:
I know its hard to steer the eyes away from all those cute Japanese women, but did anyone else catch the white bag near the end that clearly said SEGA ?

Day = Made

Just visiting the Sega booth, seeing that logo in huge lights, made me grin. (I'll always have a spot in my heart for Sega, no matter what.) I'll post pictures when I get back.

PurpleRain:

You know that E3 bombed because the staff attempted to remove the babes, right? :)

You don't touch booth babes.

Arbre:

PurpleRain:

You know that E3 bombed because the staff attempted to remove the babes, right? :)

Yup, that would most likely put you in jail if you did. :)

Love the uncorfortable moment when the girl decided she was bored of the pointing finger thing. He went for one more... but no, denied.

Some nice ladies at that show, better than the most of the girls i saw at a recent UK show. The slutty blonde prostitute look isn't my thing.

Booth babes are a must at conventions. Some anime conventions get by with a large cosplay turn out, but they're the exception to the rule. ;)

sketchesofpayne:
Booth babes are a must at conventions.

Amen to that.

Well that was brilliant, nice Japanese models there. Wait, whats the topic again?

Ah, finally something to keep my eyes open.

Arbre:

PurpleRain:

That is sad. That we need sexy girls to jazz up our game going experience or it's boring? I'm sorry, but maybe I missed the point, where the video games and the excitement therein are what we really wanted.

No matter how attractive or cute the girls are, the games are the real point of it all. I was glad that E3 decided to go the path they did. I really don't think that E3 died because of the lack of girls in short skirts.

Hiroshi Mishima:

That is sad. That we need sexy girls to jazz up our game going experience or it's boring? I'm sorry, but maybe I missed the point, where the video games and the excitement therein are what we really wanted.

No matter how attractive or cute the girls are, the games are the real point of it all. I was glad that E3 decided to go the path they did. I really don't think that E3 died because of the lack of girls in short skirts.

Yeah, and movies were so much better before the miniskirt too. Try telling me that 2 Fast 2 Furious was worth watching without Eva Mendes.

Be realistic. If a company has maybe 10 minutes to convince you that their product is better than the other 100 that are sharing the building, the one with more boobies, more violence, and more stuff to stimulate your mind is going to win flat out.

You want a game convention to be serious business? You're lying to yourself if you think there won't be booth babes at a game show you'll remember, and subsequently buy the games you saw. The developers are there to compete and showcase, not put women back in the kitchen.

I didn't care for the Fast and Furious movies, because cars and races just don't interest me as much they do others. And no, I find your argument to be totally flawed.

You are acting as though sex and violence is all it takes to sell a game, or that it is the only appealing aspects of a game. That is narrow-minded and foolish. Many of the best games weren't sold on sex and violence, they were sold on good ideas, great gameplay, and nice design.

I don't go and buy every game I see, either, and I certainly don't go after a game because I saw a hot girl in a chainmail loincloth, either. If that were the case I'd own every game in the World of Warcraft series (which I don't) and I'd be hyped up for that game I saw at Comic-Con that had some girl in poorly made armour with huge breasts.

And the statement about "putting women back in the kitchen" is vulgar and ill-informed. If you think I'm saying women have no place at video-game related shows or booths, you are sadly mistaken. I'm saying I don't think Booth Babes are a big deal and won't influence my decision to buy a game. My fiancee is a very avid gamer, and I know plenty of girls who are great gamers. So you can take your testosterone filled opinions and bugger off as far as I'm concerned.

I could get used to Japan :D

Reminds me of Rush Hour 2, at the massage parlour... all those pretty japanese ladies... BONERIFFIC

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here