Zero Punctuation: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Really enjoyed this review since he was spending it making fun of the game, as well as continuing to add to the whole "realism isn't conducive to gaming" argument.

Hehe. The end of this episode really cracked me up - those error messages are brilliant.

the ads are eliminated hooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Cool, he liked it. Yahtzee should try the original stalker with Oblivion Lost mod installed.

Bhaalspawn:

Capo Taco:
Everyone say "Aye!" for difficult games!

Aye

Aye Aye!

nikomas1:

Bhaalspawn:

Capo Taco:

Aye

Aye Aye!

Aye Aye Aye!

Cerebrium:

nikomas1:

Bhaalspawn:

Capo Taco:

Aye

Aye Aye!

Aye Aye Aye!

Aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye ay-

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

FuckYouDad:

Eggo:

L.B. Jeffries:
STALKER is based on an artsy Russian film about a mysterious zone that has a hidden room in it that fulfills a person's wishes. The whole thing is very philosophical and mostly involves 3 guys walking around Chernobyl's wasteland. The idea is that it's all a metaphor for Russia's collapsed attempt at being a super po-

GONZO!!!1!! GONZO BITCHES!!!! BAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!

And that artsy Russian movie is based on an artsy Russian book.

Personally I can't wait for "The Great G.A.T.S.B.Y." I suspect it's going to be very similar to Mafia.

LOL the only problem with having Great G.A.T.S.B.Y. is you would only have 1 level,running over myrtle with a car, everything else would just be long boring dialouge so it would be more like Metal Gear Solid

Hmm w31rd - Clear Sky didn't seem that hard actually, I did ":(" though after seeing how the new Dx10 engine completely wrecked the fps. Where my (mid-level) rig plays the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at 60fps with 1920 x 1200, CS barely managed to crunch out 15fps at the same resolution. While not looking that spectacularly different from the original.

For the rest, some really nice finds in this week's episode so ":)".

Ahh the crashing joke works every time.

SILENT HILL NEXT WEEK! WOO!

cutekittenkyti:
i didnt get the
"and whistled for a baboon" joke
maybe im internet deprived?
or was it just something random that yahtzee said after the "error"
I'm assuming its a reference though
he always makes references
or really funny metaphors

*Hits you on head with newspaper*
Bad kitty.

JimbobDa3rd:

FuckYouDad:

Eggo:

L.B. Jeffries:
STALKER is based on an artsy Russian film about a mysterious zone that has a hidden room in it that fulfills a person's wishes. The whole thing is very philosophical and mostly involves 3 guys walking around Chernobyl's wasteland. The idea is that it's all a metaphor for Russia's collapsed attempt at being a super po-

GONZO!!!1!! GONZO BITCHES!!!! BAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!

And that artsy Russian movie is based on an artsy Russian book.

Personally I can't wait for "The Great G.A.T.S.B.Y." I suspect it's going to be very similar to Mafia.

LOL the only problem with having Great G.A.T.S.B.Y. is you would only have 1 level,running over myrtle with a car, everything else would just be long boring dialouge so it would be more like Metal Gear Solid

If you had seen Stalker you would know that's the joke.

Edit: For an accurate portait of making Stalker a game, make a mod with no enemies, lots of radiation areas and the only action is screwthrowing. Oh, and you win by killing God.

i wanted silent hill homecoming... but this was a fine review :)

I laughed so hard at the ending

and then it happened again at the end of the song and I laughed again

bravo :P

My computer's already a piece of shit. Don't scare me like that!

I liked that one, it was definetly the best out of the last few. Very clever, intelligent, another great ZP.

Awesome! I ROFL'd my ass off.. and yes, the bugs are horrible, but the game is fun... when you have the 650k armor, and the most accurate gun, catching bullets for breakfast and eating medkits once or twice each gunfight. right?

So where do I send the bill for the surgical reinsertion of my lungs which I laughed out onto the desk at the end of the video?

Well played sir.

cutekittenkyti:
i didnt get the
"and whistled for a baboon" joke
maybe im internet deprived?
or was it just something random that yahtzee said after the "error"
I'm assuming its a reference though
he always makes references
or really funny metaphors

I don't think its a reference to anything; I think its something funny he said after the error.

That was the funnyest review i've seen in months,job well done.

out of interest guys n gals, is clear sky a standalone game, or will i have to buy the original first?

good review this week by the way :)

Hilarious

Brilliant, a return to witty form!!!

The anger has gone and replaced with the returning scowl of an intelligent player with dark issue they need to resolve at some point!

Loop crashes ftw.

That was a good video.
I loved Stalker: Clear Sky regardless of the bugs.
More so than 90% of the recent fps played tbh.

that was seriously funny.

MorganL4:
well that was the funniest one ive seen in a while for a while yahtzee was getting stale

ONLY SIX MORE DAYS BEFORE FABLE II

9 FOR ME =(

Good review, and hilarious at the end with the Explorer Shutdown screen. Kudos.

I thought the difficulty was too easy on "master" ^^

Can't wait for more mods to increase it :P

You haven't played hardcore until you've tried Clear Sky Redux.

Once you dump the mentioned Half-Life mentality and

actually start to stay behind cover, stop spraying and upgrade and maintain your guns

the game becomes Awesome

My friend gave me Stalker free of charge so I have to imagine that gave me a forgiving attitude toward it. I liked it though, it was hard, but it wasn't really impossible. You had to use your brain and your reflexes, it was sort of a intelligent fps of sorts. After you get the better armor though you can take quite a few shots to the torso before you chew on the gravel. I liked it, it's long yes, but the story is deep enough to keep you interested, but vague enough so you can't take a guess at it. I would recommend it simply for people who've felt patronized by embarrassingly easy game-play to the point of immediately going to hard every time they pick up a copy.

Emperor_Z:

Cerebrium:

nikomas1:

Bhaalspawn:

Capo Taco:

Aye

Aye Aye!

Aye Aye Aye!

Aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye ay-

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye

But honestly, I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl(even more with the AMK-Mod which makes the game more relaistic, more fun, more understanable AND a bit harder). I haven't played Clear Sky, but I think I'll like it, and the difficulty is no problem to me. I think it's quite realistic when you aren't Space Marine with psychic Power and the Enemies are just some stupid jerks with crap weapons and paper-armor. I kinda like it, when I'm not invincible when I got to the end part of the game. One time I was through 70% and was brutally mauled by 3 mutant wolves(or pseudo-dogs to call them like the game). Two of them distracted me while the third one bit my arse of, I ran into a vortex anomaly and exploded. After that, one of the mutant wolves(and that's the part I liked most) pulled away the corpse of his mutant-wolf-comrade and ate it.

EDIT:@Hedberg: Good mentality^^

how does yahtzee talk so fast? it almost seems inhuman. But anyway, funny stuff

how no one has mentioned the ``reload doctor freeman´´

Well, I found the final part hillarious and the review was really sound as well! Yes, S.T.A.L.K.E.R is bloody hard, it can make you irritated and certainly isn't for a casual play, but that is exactly why I love it.

I blacken my windows (damn you daylight) grab a few drinks and sad as it may sound, prepare myself for one of the most difficult and as a result, emmersive and realistic game experiences I've played! I love that you can be suddenly ambushed by enemies and rather than destroying them for daring to challenge you, as per usual FPS-style, you'll be forced to lay down some fire and escape, just clinging to life as bullets whistle past your head! Plus the land-scape is very well designed. The bleak and atmospheric scenary really makes it feel like some apocolyptic waste-land..

The bugs are a pain, that's true, but my suggestion is to resist buying it for a few months, then not only will the price have dropped, but the patches will be out and you can have a generally bug-free experience.

Good work Yahtzee. After a mediocre few episodes Yahtzees last month or so has been great. Good stuff.

Alright, this one is my new favorite. A very inconsistent review but it was funny so I liked it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here