TGS 2008: Video - Cops and Maid Cafes

Video - Cops and Maid Cafes

The Escapist crew visits a maid cafe and gets run off the Imperial Palace grounds by the Tokyo police in this wrap up to The Escapist's video coverage of Tokyo Game Show 2008.

Watch Video

Why does everyone always seem so freaked out by Maid Cafe's? After everything else Japan has produced, you'd think nothing could surprise (for the record, they have the opposite, where a bunch of dudes will treat a woman like a princess. Literally. They'll actully say stuff like "What does my Princess desire?" Just in Japanese).

Because few Americans would have thought of combining French maids with video games? Or of paying someone to play video games with you, for that matter.

Maid Cafe's/Hostess bars are completly innocent and really, a ripoff for the pervert. It's not like these women are prostitutes- your not allowed to touch them or be vulgur. You PAY just so they pretend to be interested in you for a night.

Just like a real date.

TsunamiWombat:
Maid Cafe's/Hostess bars are completly innocent and really, a ripoff for the pervert. It's not like these women are prostitutes- your not allowed to touch them or be vulgur. You PAY just so they pretend to be interested in you for a night.

Just like a real date.

But more aware.

I don't think I would ever pay a Japanese girl to dress up like a maid and play games with me as tempting as it sounds. It's like: 'Buy A Friend'. Friends aren't bought... they're earned (saying through teary eyes with a clutched fist).

I laughed when he said "We're not kidding"
:D

Well, is that supposed to be unusual in Japan?

That's nothing...in Britain we have cafes where women will dress as whores and hate you for playing video games.

;)

The_root_of_all_evil:
That's nothing...in Britain we have cafes where women will dress as whores and hate you for playing video games.

;)

We call them...
Cafes

Also, Russ Pitts, did I hear you utter a swear?
I gave me the same feeling I used to get when an inoccent teacher swore and the whole class'd go "Ooooooooooooooooorrrrrr"

You must be hearing things. I never swear. NEVER.

Haha! Nice vid.

'All you have to do is pay them... it's a lot like being married'.

I liked the video, but the cinematography was not very good, and I found it distracting.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here