Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill Homecoming

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

did anyone else think they saw a guy from the uncharted zp there?

I laughed more at the skits after the review than the review itself.

But still good.

Jokes. I liked his point that fans are never happy with anything, its true though hard to admit.

It was such a bad game, at least story-wise. They tried to hard to make it Silent Hill: Resident Evil. Great review.

Some fans are pleased, some are quite ready to summon the spirits of their fallen brothers to put a curse on DH. Hopefully the series ends with this one. Hopefully they won't... import The Arcade. That was a poor excuse for a SH game.

The was pretty awesome, however, I do miss the old intro songs. but overall a good game

I loved the short at the end. Genius of the stroke.

Isn't working in firefox, don't make me revert back to IE every wednesday..

EDIT: Oh ok, it is working now... oh well my mistake :)

Hilarious, especially the end clip. His lack of punctuation was even greater this week, like he was running from something. But I assume he was just running after Silent Hill homecoming with a sharpened axe so it's understandeable.

Today's was a good'n!
This one had me laughing out loud in a few spots.

Also, it almost feels like Yahtzee was told to talk slower in this one, which almost makes him sound like on valium :)
Let him be him and jabber as fast as he needs!

The Karma Chameleon song was more scary and creepy than any SH since 3

Good ZP this week, I'm glad

Thirtysomething:
Isn't working in firefox, don't make me revert back to IE every wednesday..

It works fine for me on Firefox 3.01. Works every week too, maybe you're missing a plugin or something.

That was very funny. One of these days I'm going to finish Silent Hill 2. But with all the lights on and someone to hold my hand.

Funny as usual. But did he say that homecoming was worth buying? Ive decided to buy a silent hill game to try the franchise, but Im not sure which game to get. Should I buy the second game or this?

I'd buy a t-shift if they weren't all so terrible.

sorry about this
why did the two first commenters get banned what did they do wrong?

I hope he reviews Dead Space soon.

I've already got my ZP T-Shirt! ^^

Great Review as usual Yathzee!

I think Yahtzee's review have improved as of late. He's kind of given up on just pointing out that game ideas are stupid and has started to give reasons as to why.

Know what?
Yes, yes I will buy a shirt!

Awesome review as always

stevetastic:
sorry about this
why did the two first commenters get banned what did they do wrong?

Posting about a video without having first actually watched it = bad

I am extraordinarily sick right now. So much so that I actually called out from work (the first time I've done so in almost a year). But they say laughter is the best medicine, and nothing works quite like a 500mg dose of Yahtzee right to the brainpan.

...that didn't sound nearly so perverted in my head. Anyway. Adored the little theatrical presentation at the end. It really must suck to try to run a business in Silent Hill.

Gormers1:
Funny as usual. But did he say that homecoming was worth buying? Ive decided to buy a silent hill game to try the franchise, but Im not sure which game to get. Should I buy the second game or this?

Well, if you buy this game, you'll only have better things to look forward to when you decide to pick up the others.

I liked the game. For the story. Yathzee went on for a good minute about the difference between American horror and Japanese horror, but American horror still CAN be scary. I wish he pointed out the fact that this game simply wasn't scary.

I've neaver actually played Silent Hill 2.

Gave 3 a whirl, found it to be very dull so I didn't finish, and I tried the demo of 4, which was better, but I never got around to playing the proper game.

Maybe I'll hit Blockbuster when I'm not busy as hell and give them their proper due.

as funny as always although the end bit was a little weird in my opinion...

I still miss the old intro/outros. The new intro/outro feel tacked on and generic.

Gormers1:

if you want a real silent hill game try the SH1 or SH2 first, then SH3. after that the games changed. SH4 wasn't originally meant to be a silent hill game. they changed it to one for fear that a new survival horror game wouldn't do well.

Not all fans are ungrateful bastards but I do think most are. I am a fan of a series that has suffered through really really long waits for games, and so we'd be happy if they threw us a new game. And even though when they did throw us a new game we complained that it wasn't as great as the old games when they did, I think we can be forgiven since the game was a 5 month long rush job (and even then no one is bold enough to say the game is outright bad, which it isn't).

So yeah, be forced to wait for about 3-4 years with no announcement that
a. there will be a new game or
b. the last game was the final game in the series
and then top it all off with the announcement that during those 3-4 years they were planning a new game but scrapped it because it turned out bad, and then I guess fans won't be as demanding.

But here I go raving about the exception to the rule. Anyway nice review, the phone sequence was classic.

Great review; it had me chuckling all the way through.

Lesley from the Cleaners was priceless. Well done.

I loved it, much better than some other reviews. Just plain quality, especially that bit at the end.

"Hello? Cooe I can hear your nose whistling!"

I think we've been seeing a gradual but welcome change in Yahtzee the last few reviews. Criticism as always, but a bit more justified. I like it.

"I know there's someone there; I can hear your nose whistlin'."

roflmao

I disagree, I think since the PoP Retrospective he hasn't been as funny as he originally was.

That and ironically I only want to buy games he mentions in passing, like Silent Hill 2.

Anywho. I hope he reviews something he likes soon. Any guesses on what it will be?

beddo:
I think Yahtzee's review have improved as of late. He's kind of given up on just pointing out that game ideas are stupid and has started to give reasons as to why.

That last one was supposed to be a quote of this.

That Pyramid Head placard somewhere in the middle of the video is just begging to be turned into an avatar.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here