Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill Homecoming

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

fat american:
Since his first ZP episode ever was Fable he should do Fable two to honor the classics. I really liked the phone bit; since it reminded me of painkiller I think it was. Great work all around.

Or he might review Far Cry 2, followed by Fallout 3, and LittleBigPlanet. Just putting it out there.

Where's my Mother 3 review?

He makes a good point, I love subtle Japanese horror, the kind that when you stop playing you're still on-edge and antsy.

Fan are great for buying video games but not for designing them.

Good video game design (or heck any design) is not best done by committee. A fan base, as a whole, is usually a 7-headed beast with no overall direction. Some ideas that come out of a fan base can be great but for the most part is bad for direction and distinction.

"Shall I wear the mask?" - HAHAHHAHAHAAHA

How can I put this... (first time texter last time caller)

I love the Silent Hill series and while the last few games feel like being sodomized I stuck through them hoping for some kind of reciprocated reach around.

While passing through the first few moments of Homecoming, I regretfully admit that I was thinking of of you... to be specific, the very first moments..... /sigh A quick time event. A FUCKING XXXXXXXXXXX quick time event.

It was like sleeping with your possible better half to realize she's as equipped as you and can take a load to the.... whatever, I shouldn't superimpose

While I may nod nod nod nod through your reviews, this time around I felt you over my shoulder the entire time; to the point where I had to choose to blow my mother's brains out, I had to ask what would Yahtzee do?? I blew the cunt's brains out in an attempt to free my own boredom. (that word is still only illegal in the US right?)

I really tried to care about Alex and enjoyed their lack luster attempt to recreate SH2, but after the third attempt to find Josh, I found myself asking the question why I didn't just shoot him in the leg so he couldn't run away this time?....

But isn't it awesome they brought Pyramid Head back?? I am so glad he was totting an army knife this time around... I totally get it it.... so is he related to.... oh who fucking cares..

-Michael

p.s Someone should kill George Lucas and create more adventure games... Personally it gave me incentive to learn to read at 3 years old. Under those circumstances why wouldn't Edna throw my ass in jail?

The ironic statement at the end was damn good. I've never seen the Silent Hill Movie mostly because I don't have the tendency to actually go and see a movie about a videogame. Same thing will go for Max Payne, even if it has Marky Mark and the Funky bunch in it.

Man, how do you manage to come up with such gold every single week?

Caelthis:
While passing through the first few moments of Homecoming, I regretfully admit that I was thinking of of you... to be specific, the very first moments..... /sigh A quick time event. A FUCKING XXXXXXXXXXX quick time event....

Thought the SAME thing. Meh, second I saw the truck driver I thought something was up. Origins? REALLY? Though I feel that I am too experienced now a days. I am jaded to the point that on the first visit to his home that I kind of figured out most of story.

I just wish they didn't make the UFO ending one of the "normal" endings. I ran into it by accident on the first try:P

Oh, and if you hate sliding puzzles as much as I do, get a copy of SBP Solver You can set up the puzzle and it will brute force crack it. Not very good for the dreaded 16 box picture puzzles, but helps quite a bit. Wish it was multi core though.

cool video, yathzee is back with his sarcastic humor

He was never gone anywhere to begin with.

Oh this is definately one I'll have repeat viewings of. The cinematic at the end caused the second hardest belly laugh I've had this week. Ten mins after watching and I'm still chuckling. Ow my sides...

I luaghed my ass off at the end bit.

I have to say hes done it again, this game does have the fact that Americans decided it would be fun to slap massive tits on a zombie chick and it will become arousing, NO! it does not thank you the zombie chicks are in all the games, why not live a lil and decided to make it new?!

Good stuff as usual, very happy to see the Machinima Science Theatre business back again too.
Not quite as entertainingly psychotic as the Puffer-Fish one, but meh.

Fantastic as usual, my Australian comrade. Even considering you almost lost your power the other day!

About time you started putting fans in their place, too! Nothing shits me more than whiny bastards whinging when nothing turns out a hundred percent of what they expected from a game.

haha! awesome as usual

blast. and i was so looking forward to a nice exhibit of british/austrailan ass munching.

ha, i'll never again be able to pick up a random ringing phone in a game without laughing.

The previous two reviews were awesome, and this one felt very empty for some reason. It's too bad that Yahtzee is obliged to review games that don't absolutely suck (as he made out 'too human' to).

I miss the old introductions where Ben picked out a unique song for each review. Those days were the best, but now the introductions are the same reel re-runs with only the titles switched up. What happened? Who made this decision? Was it an act of cutting down obligations, or was it something that the Escapist demanded for some reason or other?

Well, whatever. As always, Yahtzee reviews games like no other reviewer has ever reviewed games in the review of reviews, and that is an understatement for his originality and talent. I just wish that he'd get to poke games that he has a fun time doing so. Jericho was nice and ticklish, and so were some others. Silent Hill is numb and immune to Yahtzee's touch for some reason, and I still can't put my finger on the "why".

HOLLY FUCKING SHIT!!! In my eyes this has to be his best review yet! I agree completely with everything he says, so I can only say: HAIL MASTERMIND!!

"want me to wear the mask?" - hahaha, nice.

umm. i may sound a bit negative but this review didn't have quite the punch as the earlier ones. done in a hangover perhaps? sounded a tad repetitive.

Very good review, the end was very funny.

The phone machinimation (yes, its a word) was the funniest I've seen yahtzee in a while. moar please!

Brilliant review again, the phone scene was class, I had to pause it to stop laughing in work. Personally wasn't expecting much from SH5 so I think the review was right on the money.

hilarious! cant wait to see next wednesdays

Three awesomely good reviews in a row. Most of the fans you lost along the way will probably come back if you keep this up.

I hope Yahtzee reviews World of Goo next week, I'm really interested in what points in the game He can ridicule at.

amazing, the ending took me back aha

Yahtzee should definitely do more out there skittish kind of things, otherwise the videos get the slightest bit samey (Graphics/design wise).

Totally loved it!

Awesome review as per usual with Yahtzee, he made many valid points and i found myself both laughing and feeling a slight bit smarter at the end of it all. The silent hill movie was an awesome side-story, but the fifth game is completely a waste of a good game. The americans should never have touched it. It's a good game all in all, but the story is jack-shit and the various people that are randomly inserted are near useless to say the least. I found myself struggleing to find reasons to buy it, other than just to see it for myself and my fan-ness of silent hill in general. If yahtzee reviews Fable2 then i will probably laugh my over-zealous ass off yet again.

But all in all;
Silent Hill Homecoming
In short: Good gameplay, story sucks, lots of unfulfilled potential, disappointing end product, could have been very very good with better story and creature design.

Yeah no kidding "safe", with games like Spiderman: Web of Shadows, Fable 2, and Little Big Planet out, you'd think Yahtzee would review one of those game rather than a sequel review to a game that he's already reviewed. I guess the intent was to show how sequels are a basic regurgitation of the original review like most sequels. Perhaps the above-mentioned games aren't released yet, but I would love to see a review of Little Big Planet.

I've been watching these Videos for a while and only just decided to sign up. This was a quality review, and the bit at the end was excellent. I'm well looking forward to the next episode.

demyanmc:
Yeah no kidding "safe", with games like Spiderman: Web of Shadows, Fable 2, and Little Big Planet out, you'd think Yahtzee would review one of those game rather than a sequel review to a game that he's already reviewed. I guess the intent was to show how sequels are a basic regurgitation of the original review like most sequels. Perhaps the above-mentioned games aren't released yet, but I would love to see a review of Little Big Planet.

Notice how none of those games were out in enough time for him to both play them and make the review - he buys his games same as the rest of us, and it actually takes some time to make each Zero Punctuation itself.

And he imported this game to spite Micheal Atkinson, and figured he should review it so people don't badger him to do the ass-eating.

Fantastic.

HAH! So True, thats exactly what i have tried telling the Americans on Threads that the series is dead and should remain in the hands of the Japanese but they were too ignorant and shunned it, now they can't admit that their wrong and blindly throw amazing scores to it as they are too stubborn to owe up to defeat!

Cheers Yahtzee

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or