Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill Homecoming

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

The_root_of_all_evil:

Russian Redneck:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Russian Redneck:
YES! I agree completely that "fans" are the bane of all video gaming things. Yahtzee, you are my hero! :D

Irony Alert...

Professing Yahtzee as a grand prosecutor of the truth is fanboyism?

Yes...Yes it is...Denoting anyone with that sort of praise really is.

I hate the modern "fan" with an ire that burns hotter than hell itself. They're impossible to please, will bitch and moan and have a temper tantrum if they don't get exactly what they want - and subsequently accuse others of "ignorance" when their beliefs clash[/i] - ,

- Huge Rant -

That's enough, because in the last five paragraphs I've been venting I've come to the conclusion that your alleged irony accusation is false and unjustified. You don't know me and you probably revel in taking words out of context.

- More justification on why you're SO not a raving fan.

Slow down...look at how the bold text and the italic text match up. That's the irony.

I'm NOT a "raving fan", but I do somewhat see the irony you've pointed out. Still, the context in which I ranted was out of disgust and loathing, not fanboyism.

Russian Redneck:

I'm NOT a "raving fan", but I do somewhat see the irony you've pointed out. Still, the context in which I ranted was out of disgust and loathing, not fanboyism.

S'alright. But I'm sure you can see why someone might think you were a fan-boy. Sometimes it's hard to tell the fan and the FAN apart, and that's one of the things Yahtzee hit home on.

nice let westernize all horror game so they can all be boring gorefests with lousy ending last good one was either dino crisis 3 or rlh maybe breakdown not sure what that one is

dead space was good till the end but had to go and throw that last little timbit in

Ah, excellent. As some others mentioned, the bit at the end was great. I totally thought it was another advert and didn't watch it, until I noticed it was showing Heather. I'm glad I was paying attention!

Is it sad that this is the highlight of my week?

Was that really a Lord British monster or was it my imagination?

yeh i think you should do dead space .... ive heard its pants wetingly scary .... i love you man.... will you marry me yahtzee :$

Why did they have to kill the best genre ever made.. :(((((( *hugs Silent Hill 3 Case*

ROFL at the end btw

This video really does remind me why I should keep watching after the credits.
While the review itself was mildly entertaining the phone-call at the end was hilarious

I suppose it's worth mentioning Bollywood and it's arbitrary requirement of having at least one song and dance routine, which everyone except Indians does infact think is loopy. Amazing how as soon as a substantial audience cares the studios mysteriously stop, like they feel it was some laborious task from which they've finally been promoted. Peculiarly this trend forms whether the project is outsourced or held by the same team; I guess sequels contain some sort of inherit corruption.

Awesome as always

nah i think resident evil was better for a movie, totally ruined it with the over powered super bitch but whatever...
but anyway... L O EFFING L THAT WAS HILARIOUS "OH FUCK OFF" AT THE END LOLLL
gotta love yahtzee :P

Hate to point out the bleeding obvious, but... SH2 seems to be a sequel that ended up on his all-time-greats listing.

I guess that answers my question with no then. (=D

I liked SH:H. I guess this makes me a mutant of some sort because I also like SH3 more than SH2.

````````,)---.
````__/___|__
``````=`=``'/
``````|`-````D
``````|__-``|
````````|,````|\,_
`````,-/|__/`/`````.
````.'``\\/_/`````,`\
`````\\``//```_``|```\```````__/
.`````\/``\)```'```\_`\``````\,/
__`_/`\```)``````/```\__`_|_`__
'---/__o>```|```/``` /-----------`|
|``|``\|```o-``_-_o/`````````````|
|```---/``/|````/```)``````````````|
|`````/___\/___/```````````````|
|`````/'''/`````/``````````...``````|
|````/```/`````/````````...````````|
|```/```/`````/``````````...```````|
|``|(_`/`````,```....``````````````|
|```\``|(_``/``````````````````` ``|
|````\`|````\..``````````````````` `|
|`````)(````|``````````````````` ``|
|`````\_\,``|``````````````````` ``|
```````|__/\````````Call me....
```````|+`\/```````____.._____```___`````___
```````/+``\`````/```````|`|```_```\``\````\```/````/
``````/+``/`````|```(----``|``|_)```|```\````\/````/
`````/_.`'```````\```\`````|``___/``````\_````_/
``````````````.----)```|```|```|````````````|```|
`````````````|_____/````|``_|```````````|__|

For Yahtzee

Pretty much what I expected to see from Silent Hill.

I expect a similar effect from fallout 3, i'm getting it anyway
but i'm worried it's gonna have the same problems.

The two minute phone call addon to this vidya was great. There was another one about a job interview a while back I've been dying to rewatch, but I can't find it.

PLZ 2 HELP SUM 1 ?!?!1

Charisma:
The two minute phone call addon to this vidya was great. There was another one about a job interview a while back I've been dying to rewatch, but I can't find it.

PLZ 2 HELP SUM 1 ?!?!1

The Witcher. Twenty minutes...outside...pufferfish.

Which really should be on one of the ZP T-shirts as well as "Press X not to Die."

Excellent, thanks.

Also, where can I leave my ballot voting Yahtzee Croshaw as president of all that exists?

Another good one, nice one with the "Tag team" line and the excellent advertising at the end.

Charisma:
Excellent, thanks.

Also, where can I leave my ballot voting Yahtzee Croshaw as president of all that exists?

On the back of a self-addressed cheque to Croshaw Acquisitions: Silent Hill posted to me. If the name's too long, you can just use the initials.

lol funny stuff at the end!

speak a lil faster as u didin the first movies ;)

restis ok, plz try toavoid spoilers.

Has anyone else noticed that Yahtzee make more sense when you are drunk but is funnier when you are sober (n.b - written in the sober state)

While I do believe that Pyramid Head was put in originally for fan service I think they did a good job with it. I mean, it's already been established in two that he's the executioner punishing the guilty, it's in the town's mythology. So Sheperd's Glenn being a neighbouring town it's not suprising at all that they could take the story and change it for a scary tale to scare children with the whole "Boogeyman" motif. James' issues were the whole rape/kink/pillow stuff, so that's what his Pyramid was. Adam's Pyramid (since it was obviously not Alex's since he was ignored by it) is individualized to him as well, one change being the great knife turning in to a combat knife.

That's exactly what's supposed to happen. The town is supposed to evolve. I mean, where would we be if they didn't decide the town could manifest desires and guilt? Just becuause it's later in the series doesn't mean it can't continue to change and evolve or put more information on the already established.

...I'm still turning in the bloody thing for something more interesting as soon as I can though. >_>;

Did anyone watch right to the end and see the Silent hill 3 bit, lol?

AH! Man i was so excited about this game too...Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of ALL TIME...I'm glad i watched this before i went and bought it..i hate the idea of a sidekick in pretty much any game...there are certain games where that's an exception but NOT in a survival horror game..that's also the reason Fable 2 was shot down for me...a dog? who needs a dog in fable and why?

The game was a'ight

Great video, the bonus at the end was hilarious.

God help us when he reviews Fallout 3 - the some fans of the first two games have a hatred for the game that could burn a hole down into the core of the Earth and then denotate with the force of a dozen suns going nova. And the most common complaint I've read? But its not in an isometric view *twinch*

Yahtzee does seem to point out 'fan vs fanboy' issue well and he's very right - fans will never, EVER be happy with new games - or at least, not all of them will be. Its like Deus Ex 2 was an alright game by itself, but fans ripped it apart because of the original (can't say I blame'm but I'm a Deus Ex...fan...I think (hopefully not fanboy) )

This is a textbook case of how Americans don't know what constitutes horror anymore. It's more than just quick cuts and shots of rusty things.

This was a Good review Really poitned out that Anyone can startle but it takes time and effort for Really Get me Scared...Bioshock is a good examle how to Get your gamer scared...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here