Stolen Pixels #35: Total Rewind 2

Stolen Pixels #35: Total Rewind 2

The poor Prince of Persia rewound time too much and ended up as a pixel face. Things couldn't possibly get any worse, right?

"Your bones shatter as you strike the cold stone floor . . . "

As I recall, my most common mode of death in that game was more along the lines of: "Your body is intercepted, inches from the floor, by a forest of spikes. They bear your corpse aloft, a grisly warning for all who may pass this way."

Just rewind your suici... Oh wait, you're in a new game, pwn3d. I love this little comic strips, small and not that much text to bore me!

I don't know why, but the "pixel face" remark just cracked me up.

lol this was a great comic, they should make more of these. Keep the dialogue short though, I hate reading super long comics. :P

"I'M A PIXEL FACE!!!" That was hilarious!

Adventure! That Shamus is why you are the king! I can't tell you how many hours I spent in that game killing dragons...er...touching squiggly duck lookin guys with an arrow. That was big fun in 1978....We're both really old.

Clever... very clever. I like the nostalgia though I question how many other viewers there are old enough to have experienced the wonder that was/is Adventure?

Mistwraithe:
Clever... very clever. I like the nostalgia though I question how many other viewers there are old enough to have experienced the wonder that was/is Adventure?

I was wondering the same thing. Given the small number of responses, my guess is "not many".

Dang kids!

Us dang kids have been lectured by enough crotchety old fogies to get the joke - even though it inevitably lacks the immediacy of a Half-Life gag, for instance.

Adventure...the first game that had an easter egg, amirite?

According to Wikipedia, yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Adventure

Man, the hours I lost on that game.

There was an Easter Egg in Adventure?!? MAAAAANNNN!

Never did like the randomised adventures. I have now learned something I never knew before...

It was only random if you had it on the 3 setting, (according to Wikipedia. I sadly never owned this game. But I still have my Atari!)

Holy god, I feel terrible for remembering both games and having completed neither.

I still have my 2600 downstairs, too.

Hilarious comic, by the way. :)

It was not an Easter Egg! It was a duck egg!

Long live the classics!

I remember playing the hell out of Adventure. I think plenty of other people played it too, they're just not the same people that would be on The Escapist web site :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here