Reviews: LittleBigPlanet Video Review

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

LittleBigPlanet Video Review

Susan Arendt reviews LittleBigPlanet.

Watch Video

Great review. LittleBigPlanet looks like a lot of fun. Makes me wish I had a PS3 :/ My dad has one though - I'll at least rent it sometime.

Susan was kind enough to let me poke at this game for a bit yesterday and after just twenty minutes I now want to acquire both the game and the console. This is actually saying quite a lot since I don't play videogames... ever.

Also, I /desperately/ want a Sack Boy plushie. Sony is definitely missing a market there. I mean, good lord can you get any cuter than this?

http://www.pspsps.tv/2008/02/real_life_knitted_sackboy_prov.html

I think not.

I was playing this a little bit today actually, it seemed a tad clunky to me, but I only played it for about five minutes. It just didn't hold my attention.

TheGhostOfSin:
I was playing this a little bit today actually, it seemed a tad clunky to me, but I only played it for about five minutes. It just didn't hold my attention.

I'm hoping for a few people to not like it so I can pick it up cheaply. But I'm hoping more that it's been niggling at your mind and your now playing it because I want it to be good.

I love this game, I really do...

But I just rode a Penisaurus. Seriously, I know people saw this coming, and out of all the levels I've been playing there was bound to be something, but... damn it, I actually thought LBP had escaped this.

(I actually pissed myself laughing and rode the thing for like half an hour with a friend, trying to check each other off it, but still. I can pretend to care.)

Has Jumplion made that Shadow Moses Island Stealth level yet?

sprout:
Also, I /desperately/ want a Sack Boy plushie. Sony is definitely missing a market there. I mean, good lord can you get any cuter than this?

I think not.

Near as I can tell thats a preorder bonus. I think I managed to get a Kratos Plushie.

Indigo_Dingo:

I've played one of those, actually. It was awesome.

Indigo_Dingo:
Kratos Plushie.

Okay, just noticed this.

I will kill someone to get that thing. Or do anything. Anything.

Kidding, but not really.

This game is awesome and addictive. I find myself looking for badly crafted levels just to prove that I can beat the level designer.

Once you get over the learning curve for jump timing its excellent.

TheBadass:
I love this game, I really do...

But I just rode a Penisaurus. Seriously, I know people saw this coming, and out of all the levels I've been playing there was bound to be something, but... damn it, I actually thought LBP had escaped this.

(I actually pissed myself laughing and rode the thing for like half an hour with a friend, trying to check each other off it, but still. I can pretend to care.)

I'm not going to edit your post so others will see i've taken it out of context.

"You rode a Penisaurus for like half an hour with your friend"

Hilarious. I so want to be able to afford this game.

I love little big planet. I played it at a buddies house and it was amazing!

MrGFunk:

TheGhostOfSin:

I'm hoping for a few people to not like it so I can pick it up cheaply. But I'm hoping more that it's been niggling at your mind and your now playing it because I want it to be good.

I never said I didn't like it, it just doesn't feel right.
I would play it more but I don't have a copy, or even a PS3.
I played it at work, we had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered today so all the staff kept taking breaks XD

TheGhostOfSin:

MrGFunk:

TheGhostOfSin:

I never said I didn't like it, it just doesn't feel right.
I would play it more but I don't have a copy, or even a PS3.
I played it at work, we had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered today so all the staff kept taking breaks XD

Apologies, dude, I assumed.

Totally jealous. You had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered to your work today. I had no games delivered to my work. None.

How were the others, is that off topic?

Cute review!! I like the flatulent wrestler.

Indigo_Dingo:

sprout:

I think not.

Near as I can tell thats a preorder bonus. I think I managed to get a Kratos Plushie.

Actually, I think thats a kratos in-game costume, not a plushie. I'm getting that one to - my pre-order is with EB games (australia).

MrGFunk:

Totally jealous. You had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered to your work today. I had no games delivered to my work. None.

Very off topic but just for fun

GeOW 2 Same old, same old.
Resistance 2 Epicness TO THE MAX!

TheGhostOfSin:

GeoW 2: I liked the first but never got to really get into it, due to no 360. It'll all be frsh for me this time, so sounds good.
Resistance 2: It's weird, but I think this is my most hyped game. Probably because Resistance was my first shooter, but co-op looks amazing.

Edit: Go play the LBP Sky Pirates level, right now. It's my favourite so far, and I love the boss fight.

Great review, makes me want a PS3.

I'm really liking these video supplements too.

TheGhostOfSin:

MrGFunk:

Funny, thats the sort of thing everyone always says only I say.

In the Beta yet? Its brilliant, but theres one minor complaint - for some reason, the AI for the Stalkers (and only the Stalkers, for an even stranger reason) is completely retarded. I just walk around behind it, and it starts shooting itself in the leg while I unload shotgun blasts in its face.

Gummy:

Indigo_Dingo:

sprout:

I think not.

Actually, I think thats a kratos in-game costume, not a plushie. I'm getting that one to - my pre-order is with EB games (australia).

I actually asked on that specifically, and the guy in GAME told me that it was a physical Kratos Sackboy plushie. Hiope he wasn't confused.

Indigo_Dingo:

TheGhostOfSin:

MrGFunk:

Funny, thats the sort of thing everyone always says only I say.

In the Beta yet? Its brilliant, but theres one minor complaint - for some reason, the AI for the Stalkers (and only the Stalkers, for an even stranger reason) is completely retarded. I just walk around behind it, and it starts shooting itself in the leg while I unload shotgun blasts in its face.

Nope, not the Beta, we've got the finished product it shouldn't have come in yet but they delivered it early for some reason, unfortunately we weren't allowed to go online with the games as we shouldn't have been playing them anyway.

And just for you Indigo - we've had 8 PS3's traded in so far this month all for 360's, make of this what you will.

The Kratos is an in-game costume for your Sackboy. Sorry, folks. No plushies as of yet.

Susan Arendt:
The Kratos is an in-game costume for your Sackboy. Sorry, folks. No plushies as of yet.

You just made a grown man cry.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

I've got to go pick this game up...
I hate the holiday season. I really really do. So many good games, and NO MONEY.

Aries_Split:

Susan Arendt:

I hate the holiday season. I really really do. So many good games, and NO MONEY.

...would you really find the alternative prefferable?

Indigo_Dingo:

Aries_Split:

Susan Arendt:

You mean no games and lots of lots of money? Yes. Because then I could put my money in a bank. And by the time the games come, I have interest.

Aries_Split:

Indigo_Dingo:

Aries_Split:

Susan Arendt:

You mean no games and lots of lots of money? Yes. Because then I could put my money in a bank. And by the time the games come, I have interest.

Yes, but then we would all suffer.

Indigo_Dingo:

Aries_Split:

Indigo_Dingo:

Aries_Split:

Susan Arendt:

Yes, but then we would all suffer.

I think we've hit a philosophy question there.

"is it better to have nothing to buy, or nothing to spend?" In order to stop any further derailment, I'll make a thread bout it.

Susan Arendt:

Crap. GAME lied to me. Then again, I haven't had very high expectations of those guys since one of them told me LittleBigplanet was gonna be released on the 360.

I haven't played it yet, but after everything I've read and everything I've seen, this is finally the game that's gonna put Sony up there with Microsoft and Nintendo in console sales... or at least get them closer.

...I know I want it.

The power of the PlayStation has created the most adorable mascot ever to grace a video game.

Where can I get $400, fast?

zoozilla:
The power of the PlayStation has created the most adorable mascot ever to grace a video game.

Where can I get $400, fast?

And its gonna top itself next year.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
I haven't played it yet, but after everything I've read and everything I've seen, this is finally the game that's gonna put Sony up there with Microsoft and Nintendo in console sales... or at least get them closer.

...I know I want it.

Microsoft possibly, Nintendo....noooooooooo. Even if it could actively capture most of Nintendos market, they aren't likely to ever hear about it - they'll assume on sight its a Wii game and not follow it up.

Indigo_Dingo:

No, but I've started a bit of it. As you should know, I'm horrible at meeting demands/deadlines, and I need to get the ice background for it.

as for the game itself, I absolutely love it and it's going to be hard to split my time with all these games coming out now. And with Resistance 2/Fallout 3.

I do wish I had a PS3 to try this, but I'm content with waiting until they release it for the PC (their bound too at some point)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)