The Escapist Show: Episode Three: Gears of War 2

Episode Three: Gears of War 2

The Escapist parties with Epic at their midnight launch party for Gears of War 2, plus a preview of Zero Punctuation and Neil Smith's Pixelmite.

This week's musical guests: Ian Dorsch - "The Escapist Show Theme"
Frank Klepacki - "He Lives"

Watch Video

I wonder if a boom operator could beat a COG?

Ours definitely could. He's a bonafide ninja. Seriously, watch out.

Mark Rein's 2 billion copy goal seems a little low - could the recession be affecting the economy to such a large degree?

Oh, and the "Metal Fear Simple" sketch was a little slow-moving, but had its moments. I don't think any piece of media could live up to the amazing title, though.

I like that how Cliff says Gears isnt just sci-fi cliches just after the other guy discusses how proud he is to have a love interest in the story & a cutscene thats about as cliche as they come to show that. Bravo for that origional twist.

n that metal gear thing was just dull

:o one of those guys had a companion cube on his desk, how sweet :D

This game looks so sick! I love the little cartoon at the end, these things just keep getting better !

Yahtzee vs Fable THE REMATCH!

Can't wait to see the review.

The game looks pretty good and I will probably play it, but the chainsaw gun combat looks like it is just tapping buttons. Thats something I really don't like, but to be honest I don't see how else they could have done it. The video is good, more of those great outtakes, though the Metal Gear thing at the end was quite slow. Glad to see Yahtzee is doing Fable 2 next. That looks like its going to be a good review.

brice85:

You flatter yourself

Ha, Cliff Bleszeksni. I'm pretty excited about picking up Gears 2. The movies look pretty sweet. I'm not too worried about the story. Action movies and games aren't usually going to win oscars, that's not why they are fun.

Have you ever noticed how much better games seem to run on the developers machines instead of ours? My Gears 2 runs so sketchy compared to what they're showing there, seriously, I have to stop every 45 minutes cause my eyes hurt.

"Lotsa bang bang bang, ehn ehn, nnnnnnnnn!"

Effing hilarious. :D

smallharmlesskitten:

brice85:

You flatter yourself

No he actually is a ninja. We'll be shooting at his ninja dojo for one of the upcoming episodes. I'm not kidding. The dude studies ninjitsu, or whatever it's called.

Do i sense a Brice v Purplerain?

im sorry brice, purple rain has my vote... cool episode but the metal fear bit was... slow :S

smallharmlesskitten:

No, our sound guy from that episode you saw with the boom mic (Nick) is the ninja, not I. You can know that's who I was referring to because Brice would never be pretentious enough to speak of himself in third person...

...although I did win several karate tournaments when I was 14, just sayin.

I think nick would win in fight against purps.

brice85:

smallharmlesskitten:

No, our sound guy from that episode you saw with the boom mic (Nick) is the ninja, not I. You can know that's who I was referring to because Brice would never be pretentious enough to speak of himself in third person...

...although I did win several karate tournaments when I was 14, just sayin.

can you still fight Purplerain?

I'm surprised you guys can do this every week. I shall comment and sit through media I hate just to support you guys. One view and an ad-click I swear! Who wouldn't want a years supply of Bawls Guarana anyway?

I didn't like the short though. You set your standards pretty high with that charisma joke in ep. 1

Yeah, episode 1's short was much much better than the other two.

I love the format, though (especially the outtakes). Keep it up!

The 'B' in CliffyB stands for Bukkake, right? : /

smallharmlesskitten:

No :( ...

You don't have to remind me, I worry about this every night!

brice85:

smallharmlesskitten:

No :( ...

You don't have to remind me, I worry about this every night!

Sure you can. Just use the Crane Technique. If do right, no can defense.

The Metal gear thing was really stupid and pointless.

Gerars of War 3 is the next game i'm getting, looks good and the first one wasn't bad.

I liked the metal fear thing at the end, I would just watch that if you did a few more episodes.

Russ's bit : It's a little stale Russ, I was always expecting something more...
GOW2 : Not my sort of game, but I'm intruiged how there's a love story involved with a bunch of male marines...
Pixelmites ; Well...it must be hilarious to MGS people...I found it dull though.

The 'Metal Fear' thing went for wayyyyyyy too long.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here