Zero Punctuation: Fable 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

I' surprised that he didn't rip this game worse. It was so... bad..

I was so disapointed, but then again the nostalgia from fable 1 (i was 14, so not to experienced in gaming) clouded my judgment. he missed the protagonists innability to pick up a dead bady's weapon or steal a nice shinny axe that is sitting on the store counter. By the way, fuck Xplay for naming this game best of '08.

blueballer:
I was so disapointed, but then again the nostalgia from fable 1 (i was 14, so not to experienced in gaming) clouded my judgment. he missed the protagonists innability to pick up a dead bady's weapon or steal a nice shinny axe that is sitting on the store counter. By the way, fuck Xplay for naming this game best of '08.

They liked it, they have a right to name it best game of 08' for their show. You're not contributing by bashing their opinion.

I actually really liked this game after the disappointment of the first Fable, mainly because of three big elements:

1)Appearance customization. Finally, I can play an RPG that doesn't restrict what I can look like or wear with stupid armor ratings. I liked being able to toss on an eyepatch or buy a new coat to make my character look cool without having to worry about making my character more vulnerable or lower their stats. I'm not saying this should be the norm, but it's refreshing to have the option for once.

2)Different setting. Most RPG's of the past several years have usually had the same Medieval England/Steampunk/Japan's weirdass view of Medieval England setting, so it was again refreshing to see a sort of 16th-17th century setting.

3)Its simplicity. After a lifetime of GURPS/SPECIAL-like RPG systems, it was fun and far less daunting to just have +Damage, +Speed, +Health, or more spells. I didn't have to memorize what the hell Agility and Endurance each mean in this game, or if I should buy one pair of shoes for the damage or the boots for the crit bonus.

I just beat Fable 2, it's all fresh in my mind. Let's look into it, shall we?

Well, I liked the first Fable disregarding it's easiness (no deaths, no ressurection phials used) and picked up the second Fable, important to note I got the first one on the PC and the second on my new 360. A few parts bothered me, but mainly it was a fun game until you beat the storyline, and then slowly got dull afterwards.

Onto number two, I enjoied the gameplay, only part I don't like is blocking as after you get florishing it becomes annoying to use. I honestly would've preffered it if they found another button to put it on.

One improvement that was well needed was on guns, they don't totally suck ass in this Fable (hooray!).

One thing that really bothered me alot was the hype about "choices" in this game. The FIRST FABLE had more choices than this, mind you I just finished the game but I swear to god I better get to kill Reaver at some point.

And the main reason i'm posting on this thread is to bitch about the ending. Okay, you build up for a long time, great, inspire hatred towards the main villan, good, make him SHOOT YOUR DOG and KILL YOUR FAMILY, good, make you see the "life you could've had" and then see it transform into a hellish wasteland as you drift back into reality? Awesome. My blood was boiling at this point, and I sure as hell was ready to kick Lucien's ass. I do a bloodlust roar and run into his castle, seeing him drain the powers out of my two allies and one asshole.

I pull out the music box from my childhood and drain his hold on my friends as he starts to try to reason with me, I am ready to kill him and I draw my sword and ready a florish. He starts his "big evil guy speech" and I sit staring, ready for him to come at me with all he's got, ready for the most epic part that the last twenty minutes have been building upto.

And Reaver shoots him.

Reaver. Fucking. Shoots him. And he falls off the side. It's all over, I get a choice (i choose love) and it's onto the sandbox part of the game.

Fable II had the worst ending of any game I have ever played, period, and considering how much it sucked me into the story throughout it, it hurts to say that. I could do nothing but stare blankly at the screen for ten minutes as I arrived back in Oakfield.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and i'm probably going to go play it some more just for the hell of exploring/doing some extra quests/whatever but it lost my respects to the storyline the minute it got to the final fight vs. Lucien. From what i've looked up, either Reaver shoots him because you took too long, or you shoot him. Once.

Pathetic. That's all I have to say.

I never really cared for the first Fable, too much promise that fell short, and it just felt like an average experience overall.

With that, really had no hype for the second one. So a friend and I decide to rent it, at least that way we could say we gave it a shot to have some legitimacy to our criticisms.

I don't see why so many people praise the game as they do. It really just felt like a lackluster experience to me. It wasn't really bad, but it just didn't have any sort of lasting impression on me.

Well oh well, I like fable games, they are very short but fun. But it's all a matter of opinion.

*spoiler* :P
right me and my friend finished playing fable earlier today and i fucking hated it but i don't know why probably yahtzee but whatever, just wondering in the game, why the fuck would you want to save your dog hes an irritating munter, i just took the money, left the spire, bought the castle and changed sex bored now :P

BrainGamer:

I did not call Yahtzee a liar, so I am not a villain. Unless I used the word "liar," you can't hold this against me. You merely took it that way. You're being rude and obnoxious, and it is very hard to hold a conversation when you continue to go on about me calling Yahtzee a liar, when I clearly did not. We aren't in Grade School, where kids go on and on about "he said this," and "he said that," I would hope.

I usually don't answer older posts but yours really takes the cake. You said that what Yahtzee said wasn't true, that it didn't happen in the game and that he stretched the whole dog bit. When you say something isn't true you are telling the person that they are lying even if that's not there intention.

Why you don't want to stand behind your original post is beyond me. You had a reason to say what you said, you aren't a villian you were merely pointing out what was wrong and saying that perhaps Yahtzee intentionally lied about some things for humor. There's nothing wrong with saying that - unless you feel guilty which you apparently do. In fact you went on for several paragraphs explaining why you weren't a liar that I took out for clarity. If you want to argue semantics we can, I am a Linguist but really all I'm saying is stand behind what you write and don't be intimidated by harsh words.

Personally I believe that he used this just to make a point about how useless the dog was at times.

BrainGamer:

Moving on to your vast amount of links, I would just like to say that you do not have enough of them to change my opinion. Unless you can show me over 1,000 websites about Fable 2's glitch issues, each having over 100,000 hits, I will not agree with you that Fable 2 is so "glitched" that it should be recalled. Why, you may ask? Millions of people bought this game, and ten or so sites complaining about them will not cover all of those consumers. The game is bugged, I agree. The game is glitchy up the ass, I agree. However my gaming experience has been fine, and I don't even use Xbox live.

This is just plain absurd. You need vast amounts of websites to prove to you how glitched a game is? As though the number of websites is some sort of truth? And demanding 100,000 hits is just as silly. Not all people visiting these sites will have had glitches. Some may arrive there by accident, some may come to see what the fuss is all about and some may not even have the game yet and are just looking around to see what problems exist in it. So measuring a site by the number of hits is a poor way to prove that there is a problem.

Also you have to take into account that a good majority of people do not get online to complain about something. Some people just take care of things with the company or return the game in disgust without getting on line and starting a post or website detailing their every problem. What you would really need to see is the company log of how many people are having problems - that would far surpass anything you would find on the web.

There are many, many posts of people talking about how Fable II is not only bugged up completely but that it also crashed their Xbox. Amazon alone has many complaints about this very issue. If a game is that glitched that it is actually crashing the console then something should be done. The company announced that a patch was coming almost at the same time the game was released - doesn't that tell you that something isn't right? This game was released as a Beta version instead of finished product, probably so that they could meet their deadline and get it out for the Christmas holiday.

The company must stand behind their product. They need to give people their money back, acknowledge that problems exist and quickly find a way to fix them instead of just promising a future cure-all patch. Every company cares about bad press regardless of how many people are complaining. While I don't think the game should be recalled I do think drastic action needs to be taken or Lionhead Studios is going to be out of a lot of customers both current and future - those influenced by what is happening now and not wanting to become a customer in the first place.

I love this video
I lol'd at the God like head of Peter Molyneux. I wish you could have brought back the Lion ball joke from first fable review

I love my dog as well I named him Dario

They did add a lot more but I just wish the main storyline was a bit longer.

Laughing Atheist:

DayDay8421:
Ben, you never cease to cause my face to contort every time I see one of your reviews. I remembr stumbling onto your Darkness and Fable reviews a good while ago and used to pray that one day we would see your reviews take off.

Awesome work Mr Croshaw, I almost peed me panties!

Oh god I hope you're a girl...cause if not...YOU WEAR PANTIES?????

erm... nice post! Great work.

dudeindrag93:
why the fuck would you want to save your dog hes an irritating munter

I couldn't agree more. It annoyed me as much as the fact I couldn't smash in my sisters face with a rock! I even tried finding ways to poison the little barking shite-pipe!

This game, like many others, seemed to have electronic bipolar disorder.

Sometimes it was brilliant - my dog would dive in to tear the intestines out of some supine bandit, shooting rabbits for kicks (and some gamerpoints, or whatever the Microsoft zombies decided to call them) and expelling a biologically impossible amount of methane toward a crowd of adoring halfwits.

At other times, it made me want to eat my controller - people following me into my own bloody house asking me to propose to them IN FRONT OF MY FUCKING WIFE, having to throw some of my inexplicably infinite supply of dog elixir at that infuriating little furbag to stop its interminable whimpering, and having people come up to tell me I was ugly just because I'd run out of coffee and had resorted to eating a meat pie.

And why, pray tell, are NPCs not surprised to learn that 'Heroes' (seriously, Molyneux could have come up with something better than that) have suddenly reappeared after a 500-year absence?

Gaaaaaack.

i've never understood games like this but funny review anyway

haha again i loved it twas rather awesome and propa funny

That ending always has me in hysterics. A classic review.

idk what he have against this game BUT i loved it!

The main problem that I have with this game is that it is peoples infatuation with it, is based solely on them playing make believe within the game world.

It is basically a Sims game for people who are too lazy to play the Sims, or who like a little cockney with their Sim stew.

As many people have said before, there isn't really any Immersion. The game fights tooth and nail to make sure you aren't "too" wrapped up in the reality of it. Be it people simply breaking into your house because you owning a house causes the doors to disintegrate, or the fact that everyone says the same thing, has the same routine, looks the same, and acts the same regardless of their different copy-paste names. How hard was it to incorporate essential NPC's into the game Peter?

Fable 2 is loved by people who can pretend there is meaning to the meaningless routine. I can see Fable fans just shuffling through scenarios in their head over what is going on. How this is fun to them for more than a week is beyond me.

fable 2's story is alright but there are a few problems for me:
1) randomly killing people stops being fun after a while
2) the story is a bit too short for me
3) the hero of skill is a total git
4) Barnum finally becomes a success and reaver kills him (severe waste of side-quest time)

Yeah, seems about right. I wonder if Lionhead ever realized that games where you get to make plot-signifigant choices as large scale as they are in the fable series would make a sequel look like a 13 year old fanboy on Youtube trying to post an episode of Naruto while dodging copywrite laws.
Other than that, they completely got rid of the only GOOD parts of the game, like where magic use is semi-possible and a five star weapon is better than a four star weapon. And who decided that assigning block and attack to the same button was a good idea? Now how am I supposed to press them both to throw? Instead, the character who has to buy his name, because his parents didn't give him one, waves his sword around in such a sketchy manner, it looks like he's just hoping the bandits have epilepsy and get a seizure.
Gah fuck, you made me talk like you.

One day soon a new and fandibbydastic patch shalt be released so I can blast my dogs brains out as soon as he brings me the first utterly useless accesory, so after about 10 minutes of game play!

Well I didn't think Fable II was that bad. My biggest complaint with it was the same as my biggest complaint with Fable I, and that's that the main story was too bloody short.
Now I know you've made you're career out of nitpicking the hell out of games Yahtzee, but sometimes you have to be reasonable. Yeah it would've been nice if every NPC in the game had their own personality and mannerisms, but if they had done that, the game would've probably been like 15 disks long and cost like $300. Same with Oblivion, really.

In response to your comment in the end credits, Yahtzee, the dog's probably your ancestor/ character from Fable 1. I base this on the fact that it was Peter Molyneux's idea.

despite the fact that everything he says is true i still like this game

I hope Peter Molyneux watched this review and it helped him understand what a crappy game he made.

I mean besides all the game flaws it looked awful, didn't have a free roaming open world and a need to fade to black to load a new area for when the user climbed a ladder.

Grady:
I just beat Fable 2, it's all fresh in my mind. Let's look into it, shall we?

Well, I liked the first Fable disregarding it's easiness (no deaths, no ressurection phials used) and picked up the second Fable, important to note I got the first one on the PC and the second on my new 360. A few parts bothered me, but mainly it was a fun game until you beat the storyline, and then slowly got dull afterwards.

Onto number two, I enjoied the gameplay, only part I don't like is blocking as after you get florishing it becomes annoying to use. I honestly would've preffered it if they found another button to put it on.

One improvement that was well needed was on guns, they don't totally suck ass in this Fable (hooray!).

One thing that really bothered me alot was the hype about "choices" in this game. The FIRST FABLE had more choices than this, mind you I just finished the game but I swear to god I better get to kill Reaver at some point.

And the main reason i'm posting on this thread is to bitch about the ending. Okay, you build up for a long time, great, inspire hatred towards the main villan, good, make him SHOOT YOUR DOG and KILL YOUR FAMILY, good, make you see the "life you could've had" and then see it transform into a hellish wasteland as you drift back into reality? Awesome. My blood was boiling at this point, and I sure as hell was ready to kick Lucien's ass. I do a bloodlust roar and run into his castle, seeing him drain the powers out of my two allies and one asshole.

I pull out the music box from my childhood and drain his hold on my friends as he starts to try to reason with me, I am ready to kill him and I draw my sword and ready a florish. He starts his "big evil guy speech" and I sit staring, ready for him to come at me with all he's got, ready for the most epic part that the last twenty minutes have been building upto.

And Reaver shoots him.

Reaver. Fucking. Shoots him. And he falls off the side. It's all over, I get a choice (i choose love) and it's onto the sandbox part of the game.

Fable II had the worst ending of any game I have ever played, period, and considering how much it sucked me into the story throughout it, it hurts to say that. I could do nothing but stare blankly at the screen for ten minutes as I arrived back in Oakfield.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and i'm probably going to go play it some more just for the hell of exploring/doing some extra quests/whatever but it lost my respects to the storyline the minute it got to the final fight vs. Lucien. From what i've looked up, either Reaver shoots him because you took too long, or you shoot him. Once.

Pathetic. That's all I have to say.

Yea, it's the most stupid thing. You aren't taking 'too long', they don't let you know when he's finished his ramblings. You don't kill the villain before their labourious speech, you kindly wait for them to finish then crush their dreams in front of their eyes.

So much for the freedom when an annoying side character who you never get to fight kills the final boss before you. Not so much rival NPC as the most ridiculous game design feature ever, bar none.

i love fable 2

The most unfortunate thing about this game is, after you complete the main plot.

"Congratulations! You have saved the world from tyranny! Your are free to roam the world of Fable and do whatever you want."

"Sweet! . . . Now what?"

yah i noticed how the dog ended up being about thirty or fourty

beddo:
I hope Peter Molyneux watched this review and it helped him understand what a crappy game he made.

I mean besides all the game flaws it looked awful, didn't have a free roaming open world and a need to fade to black to load a new area for when the user climbed a ladder.

Aww! Anti-fanboys! Dont you love them? So stupid and shallow and clining to their absurde expectations; blind to all that is good or how something really stacks up to others in its genre.

Muphin_Mann:

beddo:

Aww! Anti-fanboys! Dont you love them? So stupid and shallow and clining to their [sic]absurde expectations; blind to all that is good or how something really stacks up to others in its genre.

Of course, not relishing an undeserving game with endless praise means I am somehow against this game as its own product. There aren't really any Fable 2 fanboys so I can't really be 'anti-fanboy' about this title. I played the first Fable and it was a fantastic game however, that was on the original Xbox, I kind of expected a lot more given the four year gap before the sequel was released. The fact is that the game was incredibly weak, it lived up to almost none of its promises.

It's not absurd to expect an open world adventure game, there are dozens of them and have been well before this generation. Also, it's not much to expect well crafted character models and an engine that can manage them as well as decent shaders, AI, physics and background loading. You couldn't even jump or step up small ledges in the game!

So tell me fanboy, how does Fable 2 stack up against other RPGs, pretty poorly from what I've seen.

EDIT: Also, see my other posts and you'll see I have considered numerous areas of Fable 2 and how they play. Is it absurd to ask that the game

Also, stop trolling.

beddo:

Muphin_Mann:

beddo:

Aww! Anti-fanboys! Dont you love them? So stupid and shallow and clining to their [sic]absurde expectations; blind to all that is good or how something really stacks up to others in its genre.

Of course, not relishing an undeserving game with endless praise means I am somehow against this game as its own product. There aren't really any Fable 2 fanboys so I can't really be 'anti-fanboy' about this title. I played the first Fable and it was a fantastic game however, that was on the original Xbox, I kind of expected a lot more given the four year gap before the sequel was released. The fact is that the game was incredibly weak, it lived up to almost none of its promises.

It's not absurd to expect an open world adventure game, there are dozens of them and have been well before this generation. Also, it's not much to expect well crafted character models and an engine that can manage them as well as decent shaders, AI, physics and background loading. You couldn't even jump or step up small ledges in the game!

So tell me fanboy, how does Fable 2 stack up against other RPGs, pretty poorly from what I've seen.

EDIT: Also, see my other posts and you'll see I have considered numerous areas of Fable 2 and how they play. Is it absurd to ask that the game

Also, stop trolling.

I troll if i must to battle the assholes of the internet.

When i said anti-fanboy i ment you go out of your way to hate on something much like fanboys go out of their way to praise it.
The fact that Fable 2 was univeraly regarded as a good game makes it all the more obvious and pathetic. Every website you find that rates it lower than average will meet 10 reviewers who give it 8, 9, or 10 out of 10.

But hey, with lunatic fringe opinions like that I cant argue. You will never listen.

Besides. Its a good game, and i enjoy it, but im not really a fanboy enough to argue its merits vs every other RPG i have played. Of course, if your best argument is that an annoying character stole your spotlight and that a very common trope is invoked*...
well...
I dont have to.

*Wait high fences as zone bounds is very common in games. I recently played one where a tank couldnt cross them. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsurmountableWaistHeightFence?from=Main.InsurmountableWaistHighFence

And lest you think yourself not an anti-fanboy, consider those overwhelimgly positive reviews. How many reviewers gave it outright negetive reviews in proportion to all the neutral and positive ones? Look at the 5000+ reviews on IGN.
Either you are very far from what is the normal, rational opinion of the game, or almost everyone else is.

Muphin_Mann:

trll f mst t bttl th sshls f th intrnt.

Whn sd nt-fnby mnt y g t f yr wy t ht n smthng mch lke fnbys g t f thr wy t prs t.
Th fct tht Fbl 2 ws nvrly rgrdd s gd gm mks t ll th mr bvs nd pthtc. vry wbst y fnd tht rates t lwr thn vrg wll mt 10 rvwrs wh gv t 8, 9, r 10 t f 10.

Bt hy, wth lntc frng pnns lk tht cnt rg. Y wll nvr lstn.

Bsds. ts gd gm, nd njy t, bt m nt rlly fnby ngh t rg ts mrts vs vry thr RPG hv plyd. f crs, f yr bst rgmnt s tht n nnyng chrctr stl yr sptlght nd tht vry cmmn trpe s nvkd*...
wll...
dnt hv t.

*Wt hgh fncs s zn bnds s vry cmmn n gms. rcntly plyd n whr tnk cldnt crss thm. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsurmountableWaistHeightFence?from=Main.InsurmountableWaistHighFence

nd lst y thnk yrslf nt n nt-fnby, cnsdr ths vrwhlmgly pstv rvws. Hw mny rvwrs gv t trght ngtv rvws n prprtn t ll th ntrl nd pstve ns? Lk t th 5000+ rvws n GN.
thr y r vry fr frm wht s th nrml, rtnl pnn f th gm, r lmst vryn ls s.

You're still trolling me!? I've disemvowelled you for being a troll despite the fact that it actually covers up your numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

I don't base my experience of a game on what others think. I have my own view and opinions and am able to voice them with conviction. Conversely, you seem to only be able to express opinions that you have been told to have.

If want to look at the 'review' scores then consider the user score from Metacritic - 6.1 which comes from a more eclectic group of users than IGN.

For future posts please make sure you spell check your work and read it through before posting.

beddo:

Muphin_Mann:

Whn sd nt-fnby mnt y g t f yr wy t ht n smthng mch lke fnbys g t f thr wy t prs t.
Th fct tht Fbl 2 ws nvrly rgrdd s gd gm mks t ll th mr bvs nd pthtc. vry wbst y fnd tht rates t lwr thn vrg wll mt 10 rvwrs wh gv t 8, 9, r 10 t f 10.

Bsds. ts gd gm, nd njy t, bt m nt rlly fnby ngh t rg ts mrts vs vry thr RPG hv plyd. f crs, f yr bst rgmnt s tht n nnyng chrctr stl yr sptlght nd tht vry cmmn trpe s nvkd*...
wll...
dnt hv t.

*Wt hgh fncs s zn bnds s vry cmmn n gms. rcntly plyd n whr tnk cldnt crss thm. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsurmountableWaistHeightFence?from=Main.InsurmountableWaistHighFence

nd lst y thnk yrslf nt n nt-fnby, cnsdr ths vrwhlmgly pstv rvws. Hw mny rvwrs gv t trght ngtv rvws n prprtn t ll th ntrl nd pstve ns? Lk t th 5000+ rvws n GN.

You're still trolling me!? I've disemvowelled you for being a troll despite the fact that it actually covers up your numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

I don't base my experience of a game on what others think. I have my own view and opinions and am able to voice them with conviction. Conversely, you seem to only be able to express opinions that you have been told to have.

If want to look at the 'review' scores then consider the user score from Metacritic - 6.1 which comes from a more eclectic group of users than IGN.

For future posts please make sure you spell check your work and read it through before posting.

Long post coming up, if you feel like an ass or are short on time just skip all my logic and barbs and head right to the challenge at the bottom.
Ok. I give you props. The way you edited me when you quoted me was fairly amusing. Seems like you mostly removed the vowels.

But still, if i am a troll then you know i wont stop. At least i think i wont. Your the first person in my years of interneting to call me a troll. But i have taken it upon myself to battle your illogical and lunatic hatred of a worthy game with all my courage and evil troll power. I will endeavor to be a worthy troll for you to defeat with your quick wit, stunning logical power, and OCD levels of grammatical correctness.

Opinion someone told me to have? Who told me? Point out those scoundrals!
Oh, you mean the millions who felt it was a good or even simply ok game (6.1 is an ok game. 2 would be a crappy game. You called the game crappy.)
Look mister, if you cant figure out the differance between agreement and blind conformity then you need more help than i can give.
I would personaly rate the game a high 7.x or a low 8.x
Ok. First i would like to point out that your chosen review site is a very very harsh one. At least, the non professional reviewers are. They also scored The Orange Box, Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3 lower than the Pros.
But hey, lets go with them.
Thats one slighly negetice review.
Now its my turn.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/fable-ii/2669
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921508p1.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/927246-fable-ii/index.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/xbox-360-games/fable-2-xbox-360/4505-11457_7-31484624.html
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3170860
http://blog.seattlepi.com/digitaljoystick/archives/151939.asp
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_4881/Fable_2_-_Review
http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/10086511/reviews.htm
http://games.toptenreviews.com/reviews/g9549.htm

I opened these sites not knowing what the results would be. In fact, only one site i went to isnt listed. Its your metacritic site. Since you already listed it i didnt feel the need to.
Interestingly enough. They all rated it higher.
I opened 10 websites at random, and the worst score i found was the slightly negetive one you gave as your only example of support.

I dont care that you dont like the game. I care that you hate it, and that you blind yourself to the "white light of reason" (to steal from Woolf) with this hatred to rant and rave and grasp desperatly at straws and distort reality and resort to demonizing (the game, the creator, and me) and resort to backwards logic (people dont like it because of favorable reviews, the reviews are favorable because it is liked) and being unwilling to even admit that you are a blind radical. Your last post wasnt a rebuttal so much as an insult and a pathetic attempt to hide behind the still-likes-it-better-than-you review in one single site.

I doubt you really read my post. I doubt you will read this one. I suppose, as long as i am typing stream of conscous style, that i should reflect on how that bothers me.
I like to have my arguments heard and mulled over. But i suppose that if anyone else reads this and then sees a reply that didnt i will have won a victory in that i put effort and thought into my words, and you, friend, did not.

But it wouldnt be fair if you didnt have a clear way to defeat me (evil troll you claim me to be) so i offer this challenge. Post nine (so as to beat me by 1) more sites with reviews of Fable 2 under 6.5, that are not hate-sites, and i will post no more than to say that you truly are my better, and that Fable 2 is not a good game.

Muphin_Mann:

beddo:

Muphin_Mann:

wll...
dnt hv t.

Long post coming up, if you feel like an ass or are short on time just skip all my logic and barbs and head right to the challenge at the bottom.
Ok. I give you props. The way you edited me when you quoted me was fairly amusing. Seems like you mostly removed the vowels.

But still, if i am a troll then you know i wont stop. At least i think i wont. Your the first person in my years of interneting to call me a troll. But i have taken it upon myself to battle your illogical and lunatic hatred of a worthy game with all my courage and evil troll power. I will endeavor to be a worthy troll for you to defeat with your quick wit, stunning logical power, and OCD levels of grammatical correctness.

Opinion someone told me to have? Who told me? Point out those scoundrals!
Oh, you mean the millions who felt it was a good or even simply ok game (6.1 is an ok game. 2 would be a crappy game. You called the game crappy.)
Look mister, if you cant figure out the differance between agreement and blind conformity then you need more help than i can give.
I would personaly rate the game a high 7.x or a low 8.x
Ok. First i would like to point out that your chosen review site is a very very harsh one. At least, the non professional reviewers are. They also scored The Orange Box, Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3 lower than the Pros.
But hey, lets go with them.
Thats one slighly negetice review.
Now its my turn.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/fable-ii/2669
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921508p1.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/927246-fable-ii/index.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/xbox-360-games/fable-2-xbox-360/4505-11457_7-31484624.html
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3170860
http://blog.seattlepi.com/digitaljoystick/archives/151939.asp
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_4881/Fable_2_-_Review
http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/10086511/reviews.htm
http://games.toptenreviews.com/reviews/g9549.htm

I opened these sites not knowing what the results would be. In fact, only one site i went to isnt listed. Its your metacritic site. Since you already listed it i didnt feel the need to.
Interestingly enough. They all rated it higher.
I opened 10 websites at random, and the worst score i found was the slightly negetive one you gave as your only example of support.

I dont care that you dont like the game. I care that you hate it, and that you blind yourself to the "white light of reason" (to steal from Woolf) with this hatred to rant and rave and grasp desperatly at straws and distort reality and resort to demonizing (the game, the creator, and me) and resort to backwards logic (people dont like it because of favorable reviews, the reviews are favorable because it is liked) and being unwilling to even admit that you are a blind radical. Your last post wasnt a rebuttal so much as an insult and a pathetic attempt to hide behind the still-likes-it-better-than-you review in one single site.

I doubt you really read my post. I doubt you will read this one. I suppose, as long as i am typing stream of conscous style, that i should reflect on how that bothers me.
I like to have my arguments heard and mulled over. But i suppose that if anyone else reads this and then sees a reply that didnt i will have won a victory in that i put effort and thought into my words, and you, friend, did not.

But it wouldnt be fair if you didnt have a clear way to defeat me (evil troll you claim me to be) so i offer this challenge. Post nine (so as to beat me by 1) more sites with reviews of Fable 2 under 6.5, that are not hate-sites, and i will post no more than to say that you truly are my better, and that Fable 2 is not a good game.

You are trolling me because you won't give up and just accept I disagree with you. You also ignore the forum rules and don't bother to check your spelling, punctuation, grammar and so on.

As I said before:

"I don't base my experience of a game on what others think. I have my own view and opinions and am able to voice them with conviction."

Hence, I will not be drawn into further discussion let alone some pathetic 'challenge' to scour the web to find review sites that agree with me.

If I actually 'Hated' the game I wouldn't have played through it. It had it's moments and it's good points but to me, it fell far short of what it could have been. My overall feeling is that the game was poor.

That is all, please stop trolling me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or