The Escapist Show: Episode Four: Mirror's Edge

Pages PREV 1 2

Great Moviebob review. He's finally getting back to the over analysis that made his overthinker spots work. What differentiates him from Yahtzee is how he doesn't just talk about how something sucks, but about the social context and reasons for it's suckage. Not just 'This sucks' but 'Here's how this came to suck so bad'.

Also, if Johnny Depp stared in a No More Heroes movie I would camp out for tickets, see it every week until it left theaters, and buy an illegal dvd to hold me over until I could purchase every offical version of the film released including the super special limited order director's cut suda51 edition with mock beam katana and pretentious t-shirt.

The movie was bad, yes. But for some reason I enjoyed it from start to finish and I didn't even notice the plot holes (probably because I was filling in the missing information with knowledge of the games plot) and even though the dialog was simple it was adequate.

Cousin_IT:

ChromeAlchemist:

Cousin_IT:
Much as I think MovieBobs movie reviews are pretty decent; would do us a better service just linking to his Game Overthinker rants (thesis) on Youtbue instead. They are much more intersting than his movie reviews that, unsurprisingly, just lead to "omg ZP clone!!!" cries of derision from this delightful community :-)

my GOD man you don't understand how irritating it is to hear everytime bob pops up 'OMG HE'S COPYING ZERO PUNCTUATION!' because he isnt. just because he is a cynical narcissistic bastard bastard it doesn't mean he is copying ZP. and i actually prefer him to ZP because his game overthinker episodes do challenging subject matter in gaming, which is a laugh and a thinker.

So ppl STFU about the moviebob reviews, you sheep sicken me! (WUV U :D)

That was the point I was kinda going for, but alas my more pithy version seems to have been unclear to that fact :-D

lol it was clear enough to me, but people don't seem to listen to you unless you're somewhat more stern with them. i guess i'll save my fuel for the next time bob is on the escapist show and people repeat what they said now ;-)

Otakuman:
Great Moviebob review. He's finally getting back to the over analysis that made his overthinker spots work. What differentiates him from Yahtzee is how he doesn't just talk about how something sucks, but about the social context and reasons for it's suckage. Not just 'This sucks' but 'Here's how this came to suck so bad'.

Also, if Johnny Depp stared in a No More Heroes movie I would camp out for tickets, see it every week until it left theaters, and buy an illegal dvd to hold me over until I could purchase every offical version of the film released including the super special limited order director's cut suda51 edition with mock beam katana and pretentious t-shirt.

very true about bob there, actually a much better way of putting it lol. also a no more heroes movie would kick so much arse, but Depp for Travis would never happen.

So that's what you guys did with moviebob.

Also, Russ, how much do you get paid to run around in Faith cosplay?

To everyone saying that Moviebob is biting Yahtzee's style, I'd just like to say this;

I've known Bob for about 10 years now, and he was a cynical narcissistic bastard WAY before ZP came along.

Russ Pitts:

TomNook:
Not gonna lie, those pants look really comfy.

They were. And the shoelace thing? I may adopt that IRL.

That reminds me... I should probably get my pants back... or throw them away. Those things are haggard.

ElArabDeMagnifico:
Also, Russ, how much do you get paid to run around in Faith cosplay?

Not nearly enough.

Definitely a good show. I was rather cynical about Max Payne in the first place, and I'm glad that Moviebob confirmed it for me. You really make good clear points and get your opinion through really well. I just disagree with your opinion of Mark Walberg (SP?). I think his acting sucks balls, but that's just my opinion.

MurderousToaster:
Someone fucking shoot MovieBob, PLEASE.
He's a rip-off, and he's talking about stolen ideas when he could make an act for a Yahtzee feigning competition and LOSE because he's so damn bad. His movie review may have had some point, but really, it just sounded like a big rant about things, and if I want that, I'll go onto YouTube and search up "Reviews" and ignore all of the good ones. He may be a nice person, but from this he seems to think he's far more famous than he actually is, and the sad thing is, I can hear his voice. It's stuck in my head, as I type, I can imagine him saying it. If you have a loaded gun, shoot him, then shoot me, to get rid of his fucking voice!

Umm, what? Damn that's critical for 4 minutes of talking, make it sound like he killed your parents So anyone that reviews something with windows movie maker is a zero punctuation rip off? His voice sounds just a generic as anyone else you hear with a low quality mic.

I think he had some good points with how they just keep picking the wrong games. Lets go with any fighting game that was made into a movie. Why? Most fighting games story was there as an excuse for the gameplay, so it would "make sense", so making a movie out of a story, that never had any real thought behind it can only end horribly.

Just a note: Moviebob started in 2006, Yahtzee started in 2007.

Stop trying to be cute, you suck at it.
There's more bad than good here. What's supposed to be endearing and campy is just frustrating filler; watching people cosplay and goof around in front of a camera is something I can get from you tube if I were ever really in the mood for that sort of thing. The more people from the escapist try to be cute, the more it hurts my head, worse still the less traffic I'm likely to give it.

Ditch the Yahtzee previews.
I like his show a great deal so there's nothing you need to sell me on. Consequently, showing me an out of context clip of a show I'm going to watch in less than a week is unnecessary and stupid.

Give MovieBob his own show
It's the only thing I found interesting and entertaining in what was otherwise a waste of time.

mirrors edge - i didnt know what was going on.i was just sort of sitting here in a daze until payne came on.

game movies are always a disappointment fact

=/

when its a game you love you get really excited about seeing the movie then when your just relaxing with your pop corn and drink...(and nacho's with cheese..mmm).you know when your sitting in that damn chair thinking ''hey..wait this is starting bad'' and then you see little bits and then your making false promises to yourself ''yeah..it'll get better half way in''.

no...no..it does not instead your just sat there munching and watching bad acting and bad lines from your fave game.you know what i bet fans can make a better game movie =/

another bad game movie is hitman...

MovieBob, aka the "Game OverThinker" (as I know him, at least), was awesome. I'd love to see more of him!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here