Zero Punctuation: Fallout 3

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Fallout 3

This week Zero Punctuation wanders the post-apocalyptic wasteland in Fallout 3.

Watch Video

About time =P thanks yahtzee!

Liked the beginning.

Also, yay for Fallout 3!

Nice Review ^_^

Review far cry 2 next?

nice episode :D been waiting all day :P Hope you do GH4 next time (although i guess you wont , since you did GH3)but theres always a hope. Great episode

Haha, that first part was really good, (I mean the beginning 20 seconds) And I do agree with the Fallout 3, Oblivion thing, and I steal most stuff not stuck down too, except I don't pickpocket, as I suck at it...

I agree with the review, only part I didn't like was the subpar ending.

EDIT: I meant the subpar ending of the game, not the ZP, just to clarify that.

First 20 seconds are worth the price of admission.

Also, if you haven't tried Branston pickle yet, what's wrong with you?

«Yeah its pretty good.»

made me lol.

"Yeah it's pretty good" lol great review, I thought FO3 was better than Oblivion still enjoying it now. Yahtzee does love his Branston pickle!

im glad he liked

*woosh enters random battle*ahhh damn how the hell did i reach here....oh a review must watch*sits and watches* was anticipating this whoot next review "Predictable Game With Boring Ending 2:Return of horrible controls."

keep up the good work Yahtzee!!

Eh not bad, didn't do Fallout 3 the justice of how bad a RPG it is, but a amusing easy FPS it really is.

Good game, good review, same old bethesda

People haven't even watched the review and are saying how great it is. Oh well, it was decent

Not the most amusing ZP ever, but not bad. The opening was a real hoot, actually got a "WTF?" from me before I realized what was happening. I disagree with some of his points on Fallout 3, I didn't find the scenery at all monotonous, and saw little to no real similarity with Oblivion (except the 3-D, first person aspect). It seems that often what Yahtzee is complaining about in a game are things I really enjoyed.

finally someone reviews this that i actually agree with. Thanks this was a great review.

hilarious and i couldnt agree more with everything you said

every review looks at it from a Fallout series point of view, but i looked at it right away from an Oblivion point of view.

Has Yahtzee ever played the originals?
I guess he didn't, because then he wouldn't compare fallout 3 to Branston Pickle.

I expected much more of a bashing for FO3 by Yahtzee.
It's probably the most disappointing game in the last decade or so and definetly the worst sequel ever made but no reviewer seems to notice....

if you really haven't played fallout 2, then i kinda forgive for this review. now go play it, coz now is the time and you're several years behind.

Love your review Yatzee! I couldn't help but laugh when the ZP baby fell out of its mom. As for Fallout 3, I really can't wait to play this game when I can get a chance to buy it.

And a hilarious fallout 3 review make a really nice birthday present. I'm 21, I can finally buy booze!

Nice review, Far Cry 2 next please? ;>

Royas:
Not the most amusing ZP ever, but not bad. I disagree with some of his points on Fallout 3, I didn't find the scenery at all monotonous, and saw little to no real similarity with Oblivion (except the 3-D, first person aspect). It seems that often what Yahtzee is complaining about in a game are things I really enjoyed.

Wait what?

juraigamer:
Good game, good review, same old bethesda

You got 2/3 right

MolotoK:
I guess he didn't, because then he wouldn't compare fallout 3 to Branston Pickle.

It's probably the most disappointing game in the last decade or so and definetly the worst sequel ever made but no reviewer seems to notice....

Yet another person who couldn't let go of the fact that it wasn't Van Buren. *rolls eyes*

While I disagree with Yahtzee on a few points he does have a point that a lot of it does get monotonous at times, hence why i spend a lot of time picking a direction and exploring. But V.A.T.S. still never gets old. Plus I liken it more to having spontaneously generated the ability to transform into Cleric John Preston and go all gun-kata on people (ok so I stole that from one of the designers who described it that way on the Making of DVD but whatever).

Really hope Bethesda figures out their uncanny valley problem because he's very right about that.

DeusFps:
Review far cry 2 next?

That won't be disastrous. Oh wait, he called Fallout 3's environments monotonous...

I'd like to see LBP or Resistance 2 but I'm expecting Gears 2.

Wooooo! Stealing things from NPCs FTW!!

Did he....did he actually like this game? Wowza!

EDIT: I personally love this game...at least the 10+ hours I've put into it already.

Hah the same happened to me with Far cry 2. I've had that games for ages too and still haven't gotten far, because of all the other games coming out ie. fallout 3 and now left 4 dead.

go see ron james and learn to be a comedian and better luck next week

Argh...conflicting emotions...

No Adverts +1000 xp
Dingy Intro -10xp (cumulative)
Short, Sharp Joke Start: Gain a level
Having one of those bloody crustaceans in there : Go back to start.
*shivers*
Good review, Good nitpicks, Oblique but not intrusive references : Oh get back to the level you were on before I nuked your xp.
End quip : +10xp.

Overall, gain a level and 1000xp.

AceDiamond:

MolotoK:

Yet another person who couldn't let go of the fact that it wasn't Van Buren. *rolls eyes*

While I disagree with Yahtzee on a few points he does have a point that a lot of it does get monotonous at times, hence why i spend a lot of time picking a direction and exploring. But V.A.T.S. still never gets old.

*eye roll* Someone made a strawman

I'm surprised...Knowing how similar it is to Oblivion, I had a horrible feeling of impending doom, but...he said it isnt bad, which was utterly shocking o_o But i gotta agree with him, it gets a BIT monotonous, but i didnt mind that. However, i gotta say, im surprised he didnt complain about the retarded point-of-no-return ending...THAT pissed me off. ><

Great Work as always!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or