Unskippable: First Place: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Exactly! MST3K for video games - something that I think the world could always use. Pretentious and atrocious cutscenes need a little hate, too, and you've got the MST3K wit for sure. I look forward for many more!

To be honest i dont think it should have been a tie i liked the other 1st place winner more

Maybe you needed to have played the game to appreciate the humor, but this was AWFUL: the concept is hackneyed, the commentary didn't even make me crack a smile, and there was nothing even remotely clever and/or witty in what they said! And it took FIRST PLACE?!? Talk about complete disincentive to watch any of the other entries...

Loadingreadyrun.com for more whoop-ass ,keep on coming LRR :D

You know, after seeing the third place winner and this, maybe I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my funny gland, because both of these were boring, and not the least bit funny. It's quite confusing to see so many others praising this as actually remotely entertaining.

Christ, if this was all it took to get an Escapist contract, I could've had a career years ago.
I'm kidding, though, it's good to see everyone's favorite pass time of cutscene bashing come into new light.
I'd watch a weekly series of this. :)

solidstatemind:
Maybe you needed to have played the game to appreciate the humor, but this was AWFUL: the concept is hackneyed, the commentary didn't even make me crack a smile, and there was nothing even remotely clever and/or witty in what they said! And it took FIRST PLACE?!? Talk about complete disincentive to watch any of the other entries...

This!
I played the game the whole way through and only the bit about "bernie being fat enough to surround an entire akrid" made me chuckle.
Poorly done, no way it deserved to share first place with Arcadocalypse

I also think that you'd have to have played this game to think it is funny. I didn't think any of the lines were funny, except maybe the "because they were different line." The other first place winner is way way way better than this pile of crap, heck me and my friends come up with better commentaries when we are just hanging out playing video games. Plus the other first place winner makes fun of Max Payne and that is just bad ass.

"... or ViSu"

Ahh, always cheers me up

When do we get another Unskippable!? This is the first non-ZP video I'm actually looking forward to on the Escapist! Get producing guys!

Reminds me of Mystery Science Theatre...

"noone surrounded akrid like Burnie"

lol.

great video.

On the whole I found it rather dull - and the droning voice really didn't help - but there were quite a few moments of comedy gold in there. The favourite has to be the "Journal of Whoop-ass". I've got to find something to use that in.

This was absolutely hilarious. I think you'd have a hard time beating that but I definitely want to see more. There wasn't a dull moment.

F'ing brilliant. They absolutely nailed the MST3K thing. Maybe that doesn't appeal to those of you who didn't stay up ridiculously late during the 90s to watch it. That's fine. Go have a Bovril sandwich or... something.

Loved it, I have Lost Planet and I can imagine the characters saying stuff like that!

gah when are we getting another one of these, I'm an impatient bastard.

I like how they make fun of the game makers who take cut scenes way to seriously

This is a great idea for a web show and with a great sense of humor. But let's be honest, this is essentially a Riff, taken from the concept presented by Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and more recently, Rifftrax. I think this captures the spirit really well, but I think you guys need some voice talent. The jokes are great but you need voice actors that sound a bit more into it, after all, that was the biggest reason MST3K was such a huge success. It wasn't the movies they made fun of, or the story of Mike Crow and Tom (which as a die-hard fan I can say was essentially crap) but the voices that delivered that extra funny punch.

Even though I don't expect much out of it, I'm going to make an audition tape to see if I have a voice you guys can use. I'm not a known voice talent, but I do have a very good voice for this sort of thing as well as a wide variety of impressions and voices, not to mention a brain full of obscure references that should be handy for this kind of thing. If anything, it will at least inspire others to try the same until you guys find some voices to use, though I imagine Escapist would be more helpful with that.

Again, I only say all of this because I love what Unskippable has put out so far and find it utterly hilarious and I'd like to see it reach its full potential. I hope you find my criticism helpful, and I hope you take the time to see my audition tape once it's completed.

William J. Gregory

Aaaaah, I used to come here for ZP, now I'll be on the lookout for more of these.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASPLOSH!

Not only does this remind me of MST3K, the guys kinda remind me of the Hecklers from the Muppet Show and I honestly don't think there can be any higher praise given than that. Looks like I have to start stopping by the Escapist every Monday on top of ever Wednesday and every other Thursday.

Not bad, but not quite Zero Punctuation, yet! Although I trust this series could grow into becoming even better...

How is this tied for first.? This is by far the funniest this I have seen in months. This should be first no questions asked.

Yup, the new narration deffinately woops the one that comes with the game.

"I miss Bernie, he could have surrounded the hell out of that guy..."

From now on, my FPS game name is Bernie!

Funniest thing on the net!

This is my favorite unskipable.

Is THAT what this game is like? Shit. I can't believe I almost bought it.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Very MST3K.

"Let me try my chainsaw on your stomach, I'm publishing the results in the journal of whoop-ass"

Nice :)

I love that line as well

"...and still cheaper than gas, despite all this effort"

SirSchmoopy:
You know if the armadillo was the size of an elephant, it would be pretty scary.

Yeah, you can just say the same thing about all the other small animals. (Gaint kittens would especially terrifying!)

Must find copy of the journal of WHOOP-ASS!
also I wonder if anyone will ever grease that door
alas poor Bernie I knew him well

"Mos Eislely space-port, at Christmas..." AWESOME!

I love the platoon A and B stuff

LMAO! I loved it!

Mystery Science Theater 3000 meets video games...I like it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here