The Escapist Show: Episode Five: Street Fighter IV

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Episode Five: Street Fighter IV

This week, a ninja lesson from sensei Hardee Merrit, an exclusive interview with David Crislip of Street Fighter IV, and Jeskid drops by with a special look at the Street Fighter series.

This week's musical guests:
Ian Dorsch - "The Escapist Show Theme"
Martin Ahm Nielsen - "Heavy 5"

Check out our Review here!

Watch Video

I wonder what this weeks ZP is

hmmmmmmmm the mystery

I can't wait for Street Fighter 4

This weeks review felt somehow... drunk.

Looking wierdly forward to Street Fighter IV though. Not that ill buy it I just like the art style. The last segment was terrifying.

neoman10:
I wonder what this weeks ZP is

hmmmmmmmm the mystery

Well, I'm guessing not Street Fighter, as he only ever reviews games that are already out.

Hey.

Street Fighter III was awesome :(

The two guys at the end were not funny.

LOL CantFakehteFunk - I just lost interest when characters looked distorted and odd. I also stopped played when they started doing the VS. series...got to be a tad much for my tastes.

Way to take a beating Russ, you take a hit/throw like a champ.

EDIT:

Also, ZP is Guitar Hero World Tour or whatever... how can I tell...

Triangular Drum Set Cymbols.

OOooo... I get it. The video doesn't work until we vote for you guys for the Viewser Choice Awards. Nice strategy ;)

EDIT: Seriously, though. The video currently doesn't seem to be working at all. Given the day I'm having, though, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one having problems.

Looks like a cool game. Had a really hard time hearing the interviewee over the loud noise in the back. though. I look forward to once again stomping everyone by playing as Guile.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
EDIT: Seriously, though. The video currently doesn't seem to be working at all.

Seems to be working on my end. If you continue having a problem, let us know.

Ummm, who the hell are those two guys at the end?
And what can I do to make them go away?

Why is a 2d Fighting game taking so long to make?

Indigo_Dingo:

Because it's being made in 3D...

Can they just cut everything after the first bit?
i.e. Jeskid = not good and I don't like having to blindly skip the middle so as not to spoil zp...

CaptainCrunch:

Indigo_Dingo:

I thought they are 3d characters moving on a 2D plane, thus making it a 2d Fighting game in the same sense that Super Smash Bros is. Except Smash. Bros characters have a lot more manouverability and area.

Removed.

I remember renting Street Fighter 2 on the snes back when I was a kid. Loved that game. This might make me pick up a fighting game again.

Is Cammie still in the closet in this game?

smallharmlesskitten:

As much as Zangief is.

The_root_of_all_evil:

smallharmlesskitten:

As much as Zangief is.

Have you seen that perma scowl. I don't think many guys would see that and go "Yep. She's totally into penis. I defintitley have a chance with that

I didn't like this one, kind of a boring interview and so much background noise (but at least he was sorry).

Seeing Russ (or anyone really) being thrown was awesome though. If it had just that I would have liked it, but then we saw those 2 guys with a camera dicking around at the end. Did everyone hate moviebob that much?

Well, nice show, but I've no interested in the fighter/beat'em up genre, so wasn't really my thing, heh.

I think the biggest reason it takes so long is because fighting games are legendarily hard to balance, and I'm guessing they think that if it's not well balanced right out of the gate the "old school" players they are trying to bring back will be put off.

smallharmlesskitten:

The_root_of_all_evil:

smallharmlesskitten:

As much as Zangief is.

Have you seen that perma scowl. I don't think many guys would see that and go "Yep. She's totally into penis. I defintitley have a chance with that

Two words for everything to do with Cammie being a Lesbian - The Boss.

That last section was just creepy. At first they were okay but quickly went downhill when they started with the whole chun-li poster and Zangief.

Man.. Although i'm looking forward to street fighter I couldn't hear a word that guy was talking about in the interview over the noise. I liked the ninja action :P
I think the video had a couple of funny bits but it may have been a lot funner to film than to view as the guys doing it seemed to be cracking themselves up and not really worrying about camerawork. That was a shame since the first side-video was really good and nothing seems to compare..

It's true serious - my camera work is horrible :)

-Jes

There you are people, proof, if any was needed, that the Escapist staff are willing to get beaten up for your entertainment!

I've long held the belief that no fighting game has ever rivalled Street Fighter 2 in terms of accessibility, playability and fun, and it's heartening to see that Capcom are trying to recapture that spirit for SF4.

The medley of honourable mentions at the end was cool too, especially the guy with the moustache and top hat. That looks hilarious :P

Tenmar:
That last section was just creepy. At first they were okay but quickly went downhill when they started with the whole chun-li poster and Zangief.

I must admit, the poster did feel abit creepy!

Liked the Judo bits, though I not really into fighting games. Looks like the zp review will be good. I have to say the end was too long. Get back to MovieBob, he was fine, there were only a few people grumbling that his style was to much like Yatzee's. The ending to this show put a dampner on the video.

Indigo_Dingo:

CaptainCrunch:

Indigo_Dingo:

I thought they are 3d characters moving on a 2D plane, thus making it a 2d Fighting game in the same sense that Super Smash Bros is. Except Smash. Bros characters have a lot more manouverability and area.

The character models and levels are 3D, even though you can't move freely throughout the space. The comment about balancing is probably the best reason for the delay in releasing the game, especially due to the tournament style of play.

Chuck Norris jokes: Chuck Norris doesn't get laid, laid gets Chuck Norrissed.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here