Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero World Tour

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

The Deus Ex part at the end really did it for me :P

Sweet review
Always love the ending cinematics

Ah, I love the smell of leopard skin lycra in the morning.

Anyway, surely that can only be followed up by Wii Music, please?

This was was one of the better ones I've seen.
I could care less about the game, but the execution was flawless.

9.5/10

Great review, but I was surprised to see this after the review that Guitar Hero 3 got.
The song at the end was priceless...

Best review in a while. It's so true that we need some Stairway and more Beatles. Not much of a fan of the Kinks. I only like about three of their songs and one of them is a Van Halen cover.

I live for Wednesdays. It makes hump day so much more enjoyable :D

When saying that Harmonix are bigger jerks than Activision, always remember that Activision canceled Brutal Legend. Oh, and that Importing the game has been a valid option for the Ps3 since it came out.

I just created a forum account, just to say that Deus Ex part was awesome and freaking true

Lol different renditions of Neon Gensis Evangelion intro(Cruel Angel's Thesis).

I thought the review was better than last week's review... that's pretty much it.

Lol me and my mates were playing this round my house and one of them "volentered" to sing

That music isnt on there ZP because they're rubbish :P
A personal vendetta against Deus Ex 2 perhaps?

"blah" review; didn't laugh one time. We already saw one about GH in the past, no need to do another about the same game. Let's see Gears 2!!!

lmao no one wants to sing in our group either!
we nominated my bro hehe
im getting this for christmas! i dont care what yahtzee says, i dont use my fingers anyway :P

I actually turned the music off in Deus Ex because I found it bloody awful. This made the club in Hong Kong a surreal sight indeed.

Hate the Guitar hero games, love the song at the end.

Honestly why don't people just pick up a real instrument and start learning? Its not that bad (Says the girl who can't even get the bassline for paranoid down anymore)

Funny Yahtzee. When you talked about the song maker I immediately thought "When I have the game I'm sure somebody already made Stairway to Heaven". I buy it next month so it better be somewhere!

Good review Yahtzee but this whole "Harmonix and Rock Band" part was a bit useless.

TerraMGP:

Honestly why don't people just pick up a real instrument and start learning? Its not that bad (Says the girl who can't even get the bassline for paranoid down anymore)

Some people who play Guitar Hero and Rock Band might learn some instruments. I actually know some people who are playing guitar because they loved Guitar Hero.

I loved the video, it was great as always, but I read somewhere that Led Zeppelin is refusing to give permission to anyone who is going to use their songs in any video game whatsoever.

Damn almost made me want to go buy "Rock Band" and I'm not the biggest fan of "Rhythm" games like that. I'd probably either do the drums or the vocals(I can somewhat carry a tune) and would love to play a game like that once or twice....Just please put some GENESIS songs on it once or twice!

BTW on a side note: Anyone hear notice that the strat guide to Fallout 3 is thick enough to hunt with? JESUS!!!

Ok, note to self: Don't watch ZP in the library between classes on the off chance that you might laugh out loud and having people look at you funny. O_o

TerraMGP:

This is why:
http://xkcd.com/359/

Also, Im super pissed off at Harmonix for the same reason. Giving us aussie gamers a stiff kick in the nutsack definitely starts to hurt after a few months of it. I, however still wound up getting rockband because it had better song list and because I suck at music games so the lower difficulty level makes it more accessible to me and my friends. I still cry myself to sleep every night because I feel dirty for handing over my hard earned cash to Harmonix, the cold heartless bastards :(

I'm suprised that, for someone who self-admittedly beats at the "Games R Art" drum and complains that the PS3 has no games, that Mr. Croshaw hasn't played LBP.

agreed, where the hell is stairway?

Yahtzee is Mark Steel talking about videogames in a really fast manner with little cartoons in Australia.

Ha ha, sucks to live in Australia. And Stairway is the most overrated song in existence. For that reason, I'm glad it's not in Rock Band or World Tour. Same goes for Smells Like Teen Spirit.

It goes without saying that I enjoyed this review like all the others.

Not too funny, but understandable since you've reviewed this game essentially two times before.

For as much as Yahtzee complains about Activision and Harmonix, I'm surprised he didn't even mention the people who made this game: Neversoft. Not to mention that Activision published both Guitar Hero 2 and Rock the 80s (both developed by Harmonix).

PMetal:
That Deus Ex rendition was spot-on Yahtzee.

Foreshadowing a retrospective? Please God yes!

No.

No Rock Band 2? oh yeah... Well at least with RBII the Drums (with enough money) can turn into a midi drum kit.

dude world tour is only good to a mediocre degree i mean seriusely in 2 seconds name when trying to sing a song on a game was popular without added stuff TIMES UP!!! thats what i thought POINT IS your playing on the guitar and you have your friends on the bass and drums now your all fantizizing how cool you are when your best friend sings a fucks up the whole jam so then everybody beats the shit out of him and the next day act like it was normal WHICH IT IS! hell when rock band came out it kicked ass then the came out with the bonus discs for more songs now rock band 2... now it has singing to but it was one of the first games to encorperate it so its ok to screw up on it.

Deus Ex, wtf?!
That was completely random...in a roflcopter sort of way.

-edit-
If Yahtzee can get over the nerd aspect of the song creator, and make that rendition, I'd shit.

I agree totally about the songs; I personally am stuck in the 70's and knew hardly any of them, but some were catchy. 'Satch Boogie' by Joe Satriani is freaking awsm, and one of the Schism instrumentals is pretty epic... plus they had Hendrix \m/ But having only half a dozen songs I want to replay is pretty lame. Modern 'rock'*cough* can suck my Zeppelin loving balls for the most part.

-edit-
And if you want something awsm to sing to, they should have pumped it with Iron Maiden :P

Hmm...great work again Yahtzee.

Heh, and no singer, i always try to be the singer...except for when those high notes come up and basically i say..."fuck you..." besides that its fun.

Awesome review, loved the Deus Ex song too

CAB0SE:
I'm suprised that, for someone who self-admittedly beats at the "Games R Art" drum and complains that the PS3 has no games, that Mr. Croshaw hasn't played LBP.

He has, he just hasn't posted his review, most likely to piss us off while we sit through reviews for mediocre to bad games like this one. But according to the podcasts, he thinks its got fantastic writing, the controls are slightly iffy but nothing gamebreaking, the create and share functions are phenomennal, if a bit perplexing as to who would spend this much time to make a calculator, and that he loves balls and the next time you see him you should punch him in the stomach and kick him in the teeth.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here