Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero World Tour

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I was disappointed by some of his recant reviews but this one was quite funny, probably since I don't play music games and am nutral on harmonix vs. activation competition

Ignore this

mister croshaw, you as an advocate of games that are innovative and fun to play, what are you doing reviewing a sequel-- sorry, the same game you reviewed a year ago when there's games like mirror's edge waiting for you?

Fair and balanced review as always.

Though the most memorable part was the Deus Ex song at the end. That made me crack up many times. Please get signed with a record label.

Edit: The Stairway To Heaven comment is rock solid. I don't own any plastic guitar games since I prefer to play a real one, but that's the whole thing: when you're a guitar player, YOU KNOW STAIRWAY. That's one of the two staple songs of any guitarist (the second one being Nothing Else Matters). So what the hell is up with that? I've never been able to play either on any version of both Rock Band and Guitar Hero. The ONE THING that'd sway me to lower my standards and pick up a plastic controller instead of my dope US-built '86 Fender Stratocaster is the fact that I can't play either.

I suppose it's the copyright laws. Honestly I think that's the only thing keeping both developers from putting the really popular songs in the games.

1. The song at the end warmed the cockles of my soul. Thank you.

2. I enjoyed RockBand for two UND PRECISELY TWO reasons: first, it is severely more fun to watch people playing the game than watch the game being played. The faces they make are more amazing than anything else, ever, and I'd swear on that. Second, NINE INCH MOTHERFUCKING NAILS FOR ME TO SING. I don't care! I don't care that I'm rubbish! All I care about is I get to wail out The Perfect Drug while some poor fucker has a stroke over the drums.

AND THAT IS WHY BLAh blah blah balls go in my mouth now, the end.

Love the Deus Ex parody song! So flipping funny... :D

Nice review also - and I agree about Stairway to Heaven.

lukemdizzle:
I was disappointed by some of his recant reviews

Something tells me that Yahtzee will never recant on his reviews. ;)

Deus Ex was brilliant and the Guitar Hero review was awesome even tho I'll never actually play those games.

.....Negroamaro is a italian boy band for teenager girls.....and it sucks.....

someone say there is no Australian rock band.......i'm going to see the "Airbourne".....they are australian right?

The thing I liked the best about this entire review was the Deus Ex song at the end

I actually enjoy singing, and have been told I am alright, and I might actually get it since I noticed Obstacle 1 by Interpol is one of the songs! Would be nicer though if I had people to play it with.

Good review. I will probably never get guitar hero WT, or either Rock Band game. I have guitar hero 2 and 3, so I don't need anything more. I don't care to drum or sing, and none of my friends are into that either, so it's just more of the same.

The Deus Ex song at the end was hilarious! I hope sometime when there are less new games on the chopping block you'll look back and review Deus Ex; Although, that song did cover most of it's weak points already. Still one of my favourite games ever of all time, and I'd love to see it torn to pieces; I love it that much... Sigh, still waiting for HDTP and/or a good sequel; Deus Ex 3 looks like it's going to be another Deus Ex 2, so I'm not too hopeful on the latter.

You have a problem with the NGE theme (not like your reading this anyway)? Oh well. Still good and keep it up.

Woah. Yahtzee singing? Didn't see that coming.

Loved the review as always and sympathize with you about Stairway.

funny, but i think both games suck shit! as if kareeeeooooookkkkkkkweeeeeee wasn't fucking aweful enough now i have to put up with this kind of shit.

Kayato:

someone say there is no Australian rock band.......i'm going to see the "Airbourne".....they are australian right?

There is no Australian rock band.

Except AC MOTHERFUCKING DC.

Spacelord:

Kayato:

There is no Australian rock band.

Except AC MOTHERFUCKING DC.

Airbourne are AC/DC.

Hey I know Yahtzee said the song maker was too nerdy even for him but I had a thought.
What if he or somone else recreated the Zero Punctuation theme song with it?
I'd do it but Im lazy. :)

Entertaining video, even though I am still not in any way, shape, or form interested in Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or any other rhythm/music game---I like them about as much as Yahtzee likes JRPGs.

Nice Deus Ex theme.

I fear GH is starting to suffer from Sims syndrome.

*snickers* Well, that's good new for me. Now I can tell my brother I will get Guitar Hero on the agreement that he foots half the bill.

Are they really both so similar? Tis sad, tis sad. . . Oh well! Live long and prosper you bitter Yahtzee you!

oh no he didnt! was he really taking the piss out of deus ex? the best game ever?!??!?!

I hate you. Now I can't stop singing that song ;_;

When I play Rock Band at my friend's house, I love to do the vocals myself, which admitidly gets annoying when my friends make me do them all the time. They argue I'm the only who can because I'm a choir member.

Another excellent review, I had no idea Hamonix couold be so cut-throat.

Haha! That Deus EX song came out of no where!

Oh dear Lord that Deus Ex bit made me laugh. It was almost as good as the Witcher's little skit at the end. You should just give up reviewing and make endless little skits!

Nice review as always, thought the little Dues EX song was cute and kinda shocked that he had an anime reference in one of his reviews for once.

Umm, it isn't Harmonix who are the bigger jerks than Activision, it is EA who owns them.

EA for the loss.

Speaking of music, get rid of the bloody intro already. You said "wait for it to grow on you" but no, I miss the old, give it back! Stop dumbing things down!

Ok that makes no sense I just want to pull a fast one on you.

ahhhhhhhhh.......
epic

ElArabDeMagnifico:
Speaking of music, get rid of the bloody intro already. You said "wait for it to grow on you" but no, I miss the old, give it back! Stop dumbing things down!

Oh, its just his hypocrisy of decrying games changing something he likes and replacing it with something horrible, and then doing it himself.

It was a well done review, cutting Harmonix down a peg (as we all should do to a game developer at least ONCE in our lives).

I bought GH1 the day it came out and played it to death. I got GH2 and loved it. But by the time GH3 came out, it just felt stale. I thought RB would revive it for me and it did for a while.

I was actually excited about GH:WT because of the music creator, but the more I learned about it the less interested I became. That's why I LOL'd about the comment Yahtzee made about endless midi versions of Neon Genesis Evangelion theme song. There's just nothing there for me to want to buy this game.

0:44. Definitely a penis the drummer is holding.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here