Zero Punctuation: Mirror's Edge

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Mirror's Edge

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Mirror's Edge.

Watch Video

Uhm... So it comes around 15:00 hours here in brazil. I'll see this review. Please make the next one Farcry2 or Left 4 Dead.

I'd been wondering if this game was any good. I now know I haven't been missing much. Not surprising coming from EA.
Anyone else notice the typo at the end, 'Pubic Enemy Number One'?

Thought the demo was a bit 'meh'

Great review. I still loved the game though

One less game I won't be getting now.

Gulp. I love Mirror's Edge. Dare I watch this?

very nice review as always a testament to your brilliance fine sir

And you were looking forward to it too. Perhaps like Assassin's creed but a bit worse.

1. I told you it sucked.

2. Damn, 8 hours? You must have gotten lost somewhere along the way. This game takes 5 hours MAX.

Play the demo and figured out all this inn advance... Thats why they have demos ^^

Wow, never thought of the story mode from the perspective that I might BE the bad guy. Nicely done.

This was very good on the demo, never seen anything like this before, but after playing it for the second time i got bored immedeatly. And the game was very bright indeed.

I very much hope it's Left 4 dead next week.

I was hoping this game would turn out sorta like Portal but it just added another line to my "do not buy this game" list...

So... I suggest Gears of War 2 next time.

sweet ^^ and i liked the demo
btw its coming out at 18:00 at belgium

I was a little confused by the TV trailer for this game, because the concept of first-person platforming just doesn't sound feasible. Glad that yahtzee shared my sentiments.

WTG dude. Another Wednesday just got better.

I was hoping that game was going to be good, but I guess all freerunning games seem to be doomed by the outset.

See: Assassin's Creed, expectations, innovative ideas, and you!

It was way too short, but i like how it reminded me of those bygone Prince of Persia days

JimbobDa3rd:
so i was on the AOL home page the other day

Campin:
wewt love this game

Vampiric Puppet:
very funny

brazuca:
Uhm... So it comes around 15:00 hours here in brazil. I'll see this review. Please make the next one Farcry2 or Left 4 Dead.

Vicare:
That was HILARIOUS

Hamster at Dawn:
I'd been wondering if this game was any good. Thanks for the review.

flaming_squirrel:

Do you people really need to post before you even watch the freaking video?

I think first-person platforming would be exhilarating if it were implemented well. Unfortunately, this is EA we're talking about, so NO, it's NOT.

He makes a good point about experimentation. It's nice to see an original concept getting public attention instead of appeasing the clamoring stinking masses with another derivative watered-down deplorable sequel.

Comprehensive, hilarious and on-point. It's classic Zero Punctuation and I'm as happy to be a part of it as Yahtzee is to having his bollocks toyed with (in the name of science of course).

100 dollars in Australia...Jeez, I feel bad for you guys =/

I can only assume its a good review of the game seeing as I haven't played the game yet. I'm getting it for x-mas though, so I'll be able to take part in this "experiment" as well! Woot!

I thought he'd actually like this game...cause, you know...it's original.
Oh well, at least his misery is our hilarious 5 minutes.

Well played, good sir. Well played.

Musimo:

JimbobDa3rd:
so i was on the AOL home page the other day

Campin:
wewt love this game

Vampiric Puppet:
very funny

brazuca:

Vicare:
That was HILARIOUS

Hamster at Dawn:
I'd been wondering if this game was any good. Thanks for the review.

flaming_squirrel:

Do you people really need to post before you even watch the freaking video?

Oh, be fair. Let them bask in their illusionary feeling of accomplishment before they get smacked across their idiotic faces with a ban stick.

Totaly Agree my friend got this game is "borrowed it" finished it told him it sucked gave it back to him i won the argument

Haha, very good review this week. I like it when he just flat out hates a game. The reviews are much funnier that way.

I laughed like hell during this review, especially in the way you pronounced "dreams" and while this review tries to crucify mirror's edge I'm still nervously awaiting it.

I never hugely like the look of this, all my friends gushed about how the gameplay and graphics looked amazing, but I didn't hugely believe that the gameplay would be any better then Assassins Creed in 1st Person, and I didn't realize there was any combat in it for about 4 weeks. I'm not clever...

I wonder why everyone seemes to have such problems with the game. I fell to death maybe five times during the whole game... And I usually suck at almost every game. I really love this game.
But still a great review. The "ate his own shoe" part made me spill my beer.

Great review. although i still think it's an awesome game

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or