Review: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Review: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

War is hell. Hell's Highway, on the other hand, is actually pretty fun.

Read Full Article

Dude sorry to say but I find your review to be bullshit.

"inconsistent A.I. and a few perplexing design choices" - huh ?!?!. The design choices are there to keep the game-play flowing and the part about the "inconsistent AI" - sounds like you wanted to rant about something and you didn`t have anything else to say. Although you get the point : Singleplayer - very good , multiplayer - not worth it; you don`t really get the hole idea of the game.

Please stop trying to review things you have no idea about. That just makes people laugh.

Killerbunny001:

"inconsistent A.I. and a few perplexing design choices" - huh ?!?!. The design choices are there to keep the game-play flowing and the part about the "inconsistent AI" - sounds like you wanted to rant about something and you didn`t have anything else to say. Although you get the point : Singleplayer - very good , multiplayer - not worth it; you don`t really get the hole idea of the game.

Please stop trying to review things you have no idea about. That just makes people laugh.

Because of course, in your jet set life style as the uber game reviewer, working in all the high paying, hot shot mags and Tv shows, you know your stuff am I right?

Somethingfake:

Killerbunny001:

Because of course, in your jet set life style as the uber game reviewer, working in all the high paying, hot shot mags and Tv shows, you know your stuff am I right?

You want what exactly ?

I, too, found it more than ironic that the entire game has such a heavy "WAR IS BAD" message when it also has slow-motion headshots or explosions that serve no purpose but to glorify war.

zoozilla:
I, too, found it more than ironic that the entire game has such a heavy "WAR IS BAD" message when it also has slow-motion headshots or explosions that serve no purpose but to reward the player after having performed well.

fixed for you, sir.

I played the first two, and I remember "shooting to kill" really little. Why would I bother when my squad has a better accuracy than myself?

the review focused more on the story than the game itself...

I find it weird how the story was suggested as being clichéd and routine yet is apparently one of the major selling points.

Nathan Grayson:
Usually, the game puts your character's thunderous vocal cords in control of two specialized squads - of either the fire, assault, bazooka or machine gun varieties depending on the situation

did you even finish the game? later on you get 3 squads
and you didnt talk about authentic mode, which is the most fun when your targeting reticule is taken away

Halfang:
I played the first two, and I remember "shooting to kill" really little. Why would I bother when my squad has a better accuracy than myself?

one thing i loved about the first two, is that it was near impossible to kill germans from the front behind cover. remember the last level where you have to leave your squads and go off alone? fighting 3 enemies took about 20 minutes.
but in this one, strategy occasionally goes out the window when you are alone going through a house crushing them or if there is no way of flanking, so you have to pick them off from range
also what happened to the assault function? i really like having a chaaarge button

Killerbunny001:

"inconsistent A.I. and a few perplexing design choices" - huh ?!?!. The design choices are there to keep the game-play flowing and the part about the "inconsistent AI" - sounds like you wanted to rant about something and you didn`t have anything else to say.

its kinda funny to see the number of user reviews written by people trying to be yahtzee, using big words they usually wouldnt like "inconsistent" and "perplexing design choices"
if you actually talk like that, you are either an actual critic or a moron
and the thing about "blind obedience"? i thought they reacted quite well to any situation, taking the most relevant cover, and firing at enemies of their own accord

I too have loved how difficult it was to get a round on target from the front of cover, and those "peekaboo" combat moments very not only tense (especially if the enemy had an MP-40 *shudder*) but realistic. While obviously paintball and airsoft are not 'real war', while playing, often times, it IS just peaking and firing and fearing to move.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here