The Escapist Show: Episode Eight: My Sims Kingdom

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Episode Eight: My Sims Kingdom

This week, our interview with the Executive Producer of My Sims Kingdom, Escapist Film Festival Honorable Mention "A World of Her PWN" and a preview of Zero Punctuation.

This week's musical guests:
Ian Dorsch - "The Escapist Show Theme"
Alec Harrison - "The Rig"

Watch Video

Mario was friendly? Which part of crushing your opponents under your feet is friendly? Awesome beginning too, pure genius. The ending was beyond geeky tho...

Zuu Zuu?

Best Show yet imho.

Can't...stop...laughing...

Probably the best Escapist show yet, even if I'm not interested in The Sims, although the idea "you can tell from the graphics its a Nintendo game" (or something to that effect) defiantly shows how publishers think; when they think off the Wii.

Congrats to everyone involved!

I'd like to give a shout out to my Fallout 3 Bobblehead who made a cameo in the intro skit! Hilarity!

I found the first part funny, but the last part with the hot red head wasn't funny. More boobies is good.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Zuu Zuu?

Best Show yet imho.

Damn right.

If you like 'A World Of Her PWN' (or hey, even if you just think the girls are cute and are addicted to social networking), join the Facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39912336044&ref=nf

The_root_of_all_evil:
Zuu Zuu?

Best Show yet imho.

Definitely, that guy just wont leave him alone!

We seem to have a "running" gag :P

But I am amazed that sims did transform themselves for the wii and it does seem right for the console. It feels like giving legos to me in the past.

As for world of pwn, it was okay really just a collection of game references. I am surprised they did the Mortal Kombat one really well. As between the girls the main character has the cuter face. A lot of work can be done and can really transform itself to be great. But I still HATE the made up word of "PWN". It cannot even be pronounced and it is overly used so a wannabe can look like a gamer.

I liked "A World of Her Pwn!" I can't really relate to what's popular anymore, so putting everything in the context of video games holds my interest. Throw in hawt chicks, and I'm sold.

"He's not cute. He a punkalicious... sexy... wow."

Best. Show. Ever. Both the Sims intro and A World of Her Pwn were awesome.

Nice one three good episodes in a row; you really are starting to make it enterntaining and sometimes funny while still retaining all the serious information about the game.

Zuu Zuu Brute?

Rick Rollington.. hold on a second no that was not funny in fact that whole life of her own (i know this is wrongly spelled but the other way hurt my eyes!) thing was a fail. looking forward to the ZP thou that looks to be good.

Zuu Zuu! Zuu Zuu!

Jeff Needs to be in a movie

I move that The Escapist show be changed to 5 minutes of Jeff torturing Russ...

What? It's been hilarious the last two times.

First time watching this. Loved the intro.

PedroSteckecilo:

hahaha Now that WOULD be a show! I'm not sure Russ would talk to me anymore though.

smallharmlesskitten:
Zuu Zuu! Zuu Zuu!

You let me know if anyone is looking :)

fail---I did.

Spinwhiz:

PedroSteckecilo:

hahaha Now that WOULD be a show! I'm not sure Russ would talk to me anymore though.

smallharmlesskitten:
Zuu Zuu! Zuu Zuu!

You let me know if anyone is looking :)

Did you forget they are doing a SIMS movie?! You would be perrrfect! ;)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/72197

Red Head girl from the terrible skit:
If you like 'A World Of Her PWN' (or hey, even if you just think the girls are cute and are addicted to social networking), join the Facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39912336044&ref=nf

Oh god she's promoting herself.

Barring the thing at the end that was the best one yet.

What you need to do is get Spinwhiz, Susan, Landslide, Slycne, Kross and maybe Andraste and Archon together, convince them to all torment Russ.

I don't know why but he just suits it.

Haha, funny stuff. Seamus . . . .

Habada daaay sha habada zuuu?

To anyone who hasn't watched the video yet: Do a shot every time the Sims Kingdom guy says "Nintendo"! That was my favorite part, just listening to him stutter around trying to avoid outright saying "We made this game for kids and soccer moms!"

I have to agree this was the best one yet all around and I absolutely loved PWN!!

It kinda captured the way I think about the world around me...(especially the triumphant sound when she got the business card). I loved the irreverent humor, and I must say, gamer girls are pretty damn awesome (and she is cute to boot), and it is cool to see something where they take a main part and not a back seat.

I was watching it with my friend and we both agree that we want more PWN, and hopefully a scathing review of Hello Kitty.

Hee hee hee. First time watching the show. I love Sim talk. Te, te.. Zuu zuu.. Zhjaaal... And I really like PWN! I think it's different and nice to see girl gamers. I would totally want to see more. The humor is smart and not overly campy. I don't know why, but the girl with the yellow head scarf thingy reminds me of a fraggle. Love it!

Loved "A World of Her PWN"! Would love to see more eps of it...

I've never quite understood why people like the Sims so much. I have a hard time playing a game with no killing. I'm a violent person, I guess. The guy did seem kind of obsessed with Nintendo...

"A World of Her PWN" was cute. Unpolished, sure, but the game references were great. I thought I was the only one who viewed everything around me as if it were part of a game I'm playing. I'd watch more. Just needs some tweaking, I think. =D

Great start, World of Her Pwn!

This seems like a really fun show and the video game references have been spot on!
Mortal Kombat looked utterly perfect. Big time.

Nice cast. The cafe owner's acting was flat though. Bring on Ep 2!

I really liked A World of Her Pwn! It's a hell of a lot better than Video Game Theatre, Kung Fu Grip and that royally crappy de-rez. If you put AWoHP on Escapist as a regular thing, it'd be great!

I notice that quite a few people have joined up to comment on this video. I'm not suprised it was a great video, one of the best yet. Had me laughing from the first few zuu's. My Sims Kingdom doesn't seem to be my type of game really. I've played on a few sims games and they were fine, but this one seems to be something almost completely different. Less helping things grow and come to fruition, to see the simple growth or to drop a meteor on it in sims city, more instead a miniature adventure in which you would be somehow restrained. At least thats my first impression on the game from that interview.

Liked the Film Festival video. Cannot wait to see more.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
To anyone who hasn't watched the video yet: Do a shot every time the Sims Kingdom guy says "Nintendo"! That was my favorite part, just listening to him stutter around trying to avoid outright saying "We made this game for kids and soccer moms!"

That was the one part that just made me drop my jaw.

"Remove the torturing Sims bits?" What else do people play it for?

*sigh* I didn't like A World of her Pwn... mostly cause I hate the word pwn, pwnage and anything associated with it. However I will speak no ill of it, I feel that scorn for such a product is undeserved, it shows care in production, it just misses the mark a little.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here