Review: GTR Evolution

Review: GTR Evolution

If you already have the equipment and the know-how, consider taking this racing sim for a spin.

Read Full Article

RAKtheUndead:
If you already have the equipment and the know-how, consider taking this racing sim for a spin.

Ultimately, a lot of the opinions I presented earlier still apply, but I'm glad to see it taking a much stronger tone for the "everyone" than I saw in the last piece. Further accented by the upgraded language, this was a thoroughly fantastic read.

Overall, another fine review to remind me just how much I feel like I could learn from others. Shame I don't have the equipment necessary to give this game a shot, though...

Congratulations RAK on your (second) published piece.

The irony of this is the fact that I was set to edit the hell out of this piece. Obviously, it's not a perfect piece; it is tailored towards its target market already, but I suppose I'll have to improve that for my next attempt - probably some time in 2010, with the way that the game market looks for next year.

Anyway, I have to thank the editing crew for cleaning up what I'd left them with, and of course, the whole magazine team for giving me another chance at being published. I can't think of any other publication which would actually allow me - and the rest of the people who have been published - this chance to show their respective writing talents to the world.

Also, I'm always surprised when I read my submissions, noticing a line which I'm sure was edited for clarity, and noticing that I wrote it myself. Of course, I can never believe that I wrote certain sentences in my other reviews either, but it's particularly surreal in this scenario.

RAKtheUndead:
The irony of this is the fact that I was set to edit the hell out of this piece. Obviously, it's not a perfect piece; it is tailored towards its target market already, but I suppose I'll have to improve that for my next attempt - probably some time in 2010, with the way that the game market looks for next year.

Anyway, I have to thank the editing crew for cleaning up what I'd left them with, and of course, the whole magazine team for giving me another chance at being published. I can't think of any other publication which would actually allow me - and the rest of the people who have been published - this chance to show their respective writing talents to the world.

Also, I'm always surprised when I read my submissions, noticing a line which I'm sure was edited for clarity, and noticing that I wrote it myself. Of course, I can never believe that I wrote certain sentences in my other reviews either, but it's particularly surreal in this scenario.

I'm always amazed when I compare the published version of my work with the submitted version. I try my damnedest to get it perfect after two or three drafts and I've found my work to have been published largely intact. I like to think it earns brownie points with the editors the less they have to use the virtual red pen.

SimuLord:

RAKtheUndead:

I'm always amazed when I compare the published version of my work with the submitted version. I try my damnedest to get it perfect after two or three drafts and I've found my work to have been published largely intact. I like to think it earns brownie points with the editors the less they have to use the virtual red pen.

Man, you guys make me feel like a dastardly villain for my published article. It's not my fault I need to be edited. I'm just editorially challenged!

(It doesn't help that I re-drafted by piece six times, and it still wasn't enough.)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here