Zero Punctuation: Sonic Unleashed

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

I usually don't reply to these but...

Wow...
Just wow...

I...I dont know what to say. I almost feel bad for the devs. That was worse then the Brawl review. Hell, that was worse than his Jericho review! This review was just plain mean.

It feels like I just witnessed someone being struck by a bullet train.

"... designed by HITLER..."
in an earlier review yahtzee said:
"...also I think Hitler was right..."

so what?

also: someone tell me what's the name of the sonic game with the underage girl pls.
just personal interest

Zayus:
Sonic has in my eyes never been that good of a game and i wonder who is trying to keep that little rat alive. Actually the same goes for mario in my opinion. Sonic and Mario belonged on the old generations of consoles in the 2D universe.And why nintendo keeps on wanting to relive its golden days of supermaribros3, Zelda and NES in general i cant understand.They made good games and good concepts but isnt it time we got new heroes? and new games? new concepts? everything has been done and done again. And Sonic is the wirst example. In the distant future (the year 2000) we will probably talk about how bad "halo: the new hero unleashed" or "metalgearsolid8: snake retires" is...

Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest games ever made. That's why these old franchises are still going. Because they're still going STRONG.

Except for Sonic. (Most of the time.)

I can appreciate funny reviews, but of a game that was so inconsequential to begin with?

Prince of Persia, Little Big Planet, Gears 2, whatever - But games like this?

sigh. I know they're easier to be funny about, but with the new games that are out that have a lot more interest in the community, it seems a cop-out to focus on the "little" games.

Sonic the Trash Hog , has a nice ring to it, but truly the sonic was good at one point but just went down hill like Mr Yahtzee said. Great review

Roto13:
Can we please stop acting like Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure aren't great games now? Because they are. And they're from this generation.

Just because they're on a handheld, that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Sonic Chronicles too.

Yahtzee + Chainsaw = Unlimited amounts of awesome.

And he's absolutley right, the Sonic series hasn't been good since it strayed from the Genesis.

wow, Yahtzee really hated this game, it is so true though. The new 3D sonic games all sucked, this one even more so! Also game damage looks awesome!

So...what you're saying is...let me see if I get this right...um...you don't like it. Definitely no need to stick a fork in your eyes after playing this one.

Should I consider myself lucky then that I've never played a Sonic game and thus have never had to experience any pain from the fall from grace?

Silly Yahtzee. Did Star Wars: The Force Unleashed teach you nothing? Never buy the Wii version of multi-platform games. After all, the 360 version of Sonic Unleashed has enormous, well detailed levels; better werehog gameplay, and a better world map from what I hear.

^Yes, very good point.

Father Time:
Should I consider myself lucky then that I've never played a Sonic game and thus have never had to experience any pain from the fall from grace?

Actually, you might like the Werehog then, as you can't go "zOheMGe It's lik not lik sonik lik he is 2 slo!". While some complaints are reasonable and valid, the greater half of them are like the quoted statement. At least he did something different and actually said the Werehog is better than Sonic (although IMO wrong).

Well I know I didn't grow up in a cave eating raw fish Yahtzee, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Anyone who hasn't already stuck it in their head that they will hate the game should at least rent it. I am glad I didn't wait for the reviews to buy this game.

But hey, good show. I always look forward to your shows and can't wait for the next one.

Well, at least they were sensible for long enough to put some 2D areas into the game.
Great episode. Hilarious. Keep up the good work!

also, Game Damage seems pretty good based on that first episode. So keep up the good work on that too.

priest00:

Pseudonym2:
Why did Yahtzee say he like playing bad games? Shouldn't he relax by reviewing Prince of Persia?

can't hate on prince of Persia.

That's my point exactly. It's like the Angry Video Game Nerd complains about disliking bad games. The entire audience thinks, "well stop playing them then."

Man I think that the whole "Blast Proccessing" campaign SEGA used in the 90's is really biting them in the ass now. Seriously though I think that a good 3d Sonic is not going to happen with these developers, they don't seem to give a shit; it's like they want to screw up. It puzzles me; what is their purpose, plan or scheme with the Sonic franchise? It has been made more than clear that they don't intend on reviving it (judging by the dissmal Sonic after Sonic games they seem so determine to release). What a pitty I say, because you can get away with making one bad game, and yes go ahead and make another bad one; but to release bad game after bad game of the same franchise, making the same mistakes (and adding new ones while they're at it) just goes to show that these people do not intend on making a decent game, let alone bring a dead franchise back to it's feet.

Sadly I don't think Sonic will ever be put out to pasture. Just like with Mario and Link as long as its possible to squeeze an extra penny out of the franchise they will be here long after we are dead and gone. Would it be so hard for a developers to take the ideas they try to pass off as sequels and come up with a new lead character, and possibly start a new series?

What am I asking, of course it would, the only reason they sell even a couple of copies is based on the hero's name in the title. God knows its not for any form of original content or game play.

You're avoiding reviewing Gears of War 2, aren't you? ;)

Looking forward to that review.

Lanczos:
"... designed by HITLER..."
in an earlier review yahtzee said:
"...also I think Hitler was right..."

so what?

also: someone tell me what's the name of the sonic game with the underage girl pls.
just personal interest

This Hitler thing was a joke. Haven't you seen the whole video?

Also the Sonic game you are looking for is Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 but the girl is not underaged. She is like 19 or older. I haven't played Sonic 2006.

I think that Sonic Team is just a bunch of furries who rip off portions of Dragonball Z for their shitty games.

Father Time:

No. There are some good Sonic games out there (2D or 3D). Sonic CD for the Sega CD, the Sonic Adventure series (the remakes or the originals) and I heard that Sonic Rush for the DS is pretty good.

Swore alot today did he, even for him. Fantastic :D

chanceashaman:
Sadly I don't think Sonic will ever be put out to pasture. Just like with Mario and Link as long as its possible to squeeze an extra penny out of the franchise they will be here long after we are dead and gone. Would it be so hard for a developers to take the ideas they try to pass off as sequels and come up with a new lead character, and possibly start a new series?

What am I asking, of course it would, the only reason they sell even a couple of copies is based on the hero's name in the title. God knows its not for any form of original content or game play.

The difference between those franchises (Zelda and Mario) and Sonic is that NINTENDO's mascots have been putting out some pretty good games throughout the years, and even if you think otherwise, they have been well recieved by the general public.

Man... That was such an incredibly hate filled review.
Glee!

(sigh) The original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis was the first video game I ever played. (Mine was a Sega household. I didn't play any other system until the N64 came out.) So yeah, I have a lot of nostalgia for the little blue guy. But I haven't played any of the Sonic games since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. With a heavy heart, I must agree with Yahtzee that it's time to put the little guy down.

i like sonic the hedgehog, despite the bad rep hes aquired lately, which makes it even worse for me to see him torn to little bloody shreds every time they release a new sonic game.
Judging by this review sega/sonic team are continueing my torment, even more so knowing that theres another one coming out soon set in arthurian-myth with a effing SWORD.

when will the madness end?
great review though- never seen him this angry

I was worried that the seasonal tide of genuinely good games coming out around now would result in some rather uneventful Yahtzee reviews. Good job finding some rough amongst all the diamonds.

Quadtrix:
Silly Yahtzee. Did Star Wars: The Force Unleashed teach you nothing? Never buy the Wii version of multi-platform games. After all, the 360 version of Sonic Unleashed has enormous, well detailed levels; better werehog gameplay, and a better world map from what I hear.

QFT

Ok, why does Gamedamage have good intro music while we're stuck with...well...the mute button is my friend while waiting for Yahtzee's critique to begin.

I really fucking liked this one.

and a-fucking-men to that, mate.

I said this recently in another thread, but the most recent Sonic game for the DS, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood was actually pretty damn good.

So, I don't believe that Sonic needs to be put to bed just yet. What I think is that they need to abandon the idea of a 3D Sonic game. It just doesn't work. The first Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast managed to get it right, but I think that might have had a little more to do with the novelty of the concept rather than the actual game being fantastic.

So, either they need to find a way to tap into that magical Sonic Adventure sweet spot (unlikely) or just stick to more retro applications of Sonic (a la Megaman 9.

That being said, Sonic Team... please listen to Yahtzee and spare us these abominations. D:

Loved the Sonic Review. Just the right amount of bile.

Watched the 'Game Damage' pilot video. ALL OF IT. All three of them stare into the camera too damned much. When they talk together, they should just relax & face each other, not all sit there leaning towards the camera, unnaturally craning their necks at it.

Re-shoot the couch scenes until they can manage to relax and do it casually, and edit that in, and it would be a fine show. Until then, it deserves that 'YouTube' logo.

Maybe cut it down to 24 minutes, like a TV show that runs commercials, too. I was going to say '15 minutes', but maybe that's too short a format. Then again, things like 'Robot Chicken' fit nicely into a 15 minute slot. You might want to make 5, 15 and 25 minute versions, in case someone wants to pick it up and make it 'part' of a show.

I'd leave the comments on that site, but I'm not enthused enough to make a new account and post there once.

Honestly, I thought Adventure 2 was at least decent, with cute blobs to distract from the problems. The treasure hunting missions sucked horribly, however.

And I'll believe this review because if Shadow was below average, what will the next ton of them bring? Nothing good.

Ooooh yes, hate it, hate it good. And ban all these morons, oh yeah, I love it when you give people what they deserve. And I really hope the developers of this game watched this video. HOW COME, SOME PEOPLE, I MEAN, HOW CAN YOU, BELIEVE, EVEN FOR A SECOND, THAT, THAT THING, COULD BE GOOD. Developers... MOST of them are so stupid. SO STUPID. I hate them with a passion... all theses completly idiotic developers without any sense of taste or fun. My god I hate them.

Yes, I had a bad day. ''>_>

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or