The Escapist Demographic Survey

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

While I hate filling out personal info, like zip codes and stuff, I finished it nonetheless.

And I DID NOT do this just for the badge.

Okay, maybe a little bit for the badge, but taht's all I swear!

Well the problem with this Survey is that after finishing it, it said it was sending an Email confirmation letter and it never arrived, and I know I gave the right address too. Thus I never got the "badge" or entry into the drawing.

Not a big deal overall, but I'd be wary that despite The Escapist working with them, this might very well be an even bigger scam than usual to fish personal information without any intention of awarding the "prizes".

If you like surveys, go for it, but otherwise if your looking at this on the off chance of getting a badge/prize, it just doesn't seem to be working (for me at least).

Therumancer:
Well the problem with this Survey is that after finishing it, it said it was sending an Email confirmation letter and it never arrived, and I know I gave the right address too. Thus I never got the "badge" or entry into the drawing.

Not a big deal overall, but I'd be wary that despite The Escapist working with them, this might very well be an even bigger scam than usual to fish personal information without any intention of awarding the "prizes".

If you like surveys, go for it, but otherwise if your looking at this on the off chance of getting a badge/prize, it just doesn't seem to be working (for me at least).

What's this about an email? I figured, click the finish button, and I'd get the badge. And be entered into their competition, of course.

When I finished the survey it said that to be entered it needed to validate my E-mail address and I would receive a message in my mail box to be entered into the drawing and such. I received nothing, and I'm guessing you didn't either.

Hence my comments about it seeming to be a scam to bait people. They can claim they never received a verifyable E-mail address to justify not running the raffle, while still having the data they collected and such, not to mention a bit of basic personal information to go with all of those *ahem* non-functional E-mail addresses.

We'll see what happens, but I'm pretty definate on what I was reading when it wrapped up, and with the lack of any kind of letter from them.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Sennz0r:
What the hell I got kicked out because the survey was only open to English speaking countries.

Me too, but I still get a badge for it.

I received the email.

Therumancer:

Hence my comments about it seeming to be a scam to bait people. They can claim they never received a verifyable E-mail address to justify not running the raffle, while still having the data they collected and such, not to mention a bit of basic personal information to go with all of those *ahem* non-functional E-mail addresses.

We'll see what happens, but I'm pretty definate on what I was reading when it wrapped up, and with the lack of any kind of letter from them.

>>>----Therumancer--->

This is not a scam. We have ALWAYS given out the prizes we have told people they have the possibility of winning. The survey and the information that is part of it is for Themis Media and NOBODY else.

I got the e-mail. It was about being confirmed as a panellist or something.

Ooh, shiny survey...

That was a tad on the long side. Plus, it asked how many hours a week I play PC games. I said, 1hr. How many hours a week do you play PC games online, I said 0. "I'm sorry, that is below the minimum entry requirement. Please enter a minimum of 1." Well, I don't play PC games online, but ok, if you say so survey...

galletea:
I got the e-mail. It was about being confirmed as a panellist or something.

Same here, is that part of what we needed to do to get said badge and chance at a prize?

Hey...I just noticed. Isn't Themis Media the company that Virgil works for?

sv93:
Hey...I just noticed. Isn't Themis Media the company that Virgil works for?

We all work for Themis Media...they own The Escapist and WarCry.

Spinwhiz:
We all work for Themis Media...they own The Escapist and WarCry.

Well its true, you do learn something new every day. Kudoos to them though for making these sites!

Okay, something for the people that may not be getting emails...make sure this email (support@playinsights.com) is marked as part of your safelist and not going directly to your spam folder. If that still doesn't work, you may have just entered your email wrong...which I have seen twice already *sigh*

If there is STILL a problem, please let me know and we'll see what we can do.

As for badges, the ability to give them out is a tad bit tricky, so I'll be giving them out in waves. Thank you for your patience while I put this together.

mokes310:
That was a tad on the long side. Plus, it asked how many hours a week I play PC games. I said, 1hr. How many hours a week do you play PC games online, I said 0. "I'm sorry, that is below the minimum entry requirement. Please enter a minimum of 1." Well, I don't play PC games online, but ok, if you say so survey...

I ran into this as well.

didnt work for me, apparently only people from english speaking countries actually know english >_<, im from sweden and i wanted to be a part of the survey, but it wouldn't let me :/

Brokkr:

mokes310:

I ran into this as well.

For those having this problem, the lowest amount of time works for us. Sorry for the confusion!

Spinwhiz:
Okay, something for the people that may not be getting emails...make sure this email (support@playinsights.com) is marked as part of your safelist and not going directly to your spam folder. If that still doesn't work, you may have just entered your email wrong...which I have seen twice already *sigh*

As for badges, the ability to give them out is a tad bit tricky, so I'll be giving them out in waves. Thank you for your patience while I put this together.

It's not in spam. I know for certain that I put in my correct address. I have received no email, and I want my badge!

Spinwhiz:

No-joy in the email account I left on the survey... I even sifted through the spamtrap (hunh, I didn't know that ShamWow indulged in quite that vigorous a UCE campaign) and found nothing from playinsights.com.

-- Steve

if for some strange reason we did fill out or email wrong can we retake the survey?

Brokkr:

mokes310:

I ran into this as well.

I too have had the "minimum of 1" problem, and I never play online (unless you count browser games, which I don't.)

That was an interesting survey. It was long, but I enjoy long surveys, passes some time and lets you think.

darkstone:
if for some strange reason we did fill out or email wrong can we retake the survey?

I'm not sure, you may be able to.

If you took the survey and DIDN'T receive an email....please PM me the email address you used, which should have been the same as the one you used for this account. I'll start a list and send it over to my contact.

Thanks for your patience peeps! Our community rules!

Where's mah badge.

Edit - This was a joke, I know they are going out in waves, it was just to say I am happy I did the survey.

But, any news on the first wave of badges though? A date maybe?

Are we required to respond to the email we get when we finish the survey? I finished the survey after entering in the required info and figured I'd just get my badge eventually. I just want to make sure I get it.

sirdanrhodes:
But, any news on the first wave of badges though? A date maybe?

I was just about to post the same thing. Just to know when the first wave of badges is coming out.

Just finished the survey, now how do I get that witty badge? :O

Woo got my badge! Its awesome. Thanks guys!

They are coming out in waves guys. Basically, I get the info from our partner, I do a little dance, wave my magic wand, feed Mr. Fusion and hopefully a couple badges pop up. :)

We'll be getting to a bunch more on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Spinwhiz:
They are coming out in waves guys. Basically, I get the info from our partner, I do a little dance, wave my magic wand, feed Mr. Fusion and hopefully a couple badges pop up. :)

We'll be getting to a bunch more on Monday. Have a great weekend!

You do it in waves, eh? That explains a lot. I guess that's what I get for choosing an alias that starts with a "V".

I did the survey and used the correct email but, I never got a badge.. :(

Spinwhiz:

Thanks for the spam advice, I was fretting because it wasn't showing up, then I check my spam folder and , BAM!, it's in there. Thanks once more.

Again, regarding the English-Speaking countries bit... You guys could have given us a heads-up about that by stating it in the Eligibility section of the rules (Item number 2). So yah, thanks for getting my hopes up...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here