Stolen Pixels #49: 2008 Awards, Part 2

Stolen Pixels #49: 2008 Awards, Part 2

Gamepunx's own Travis Taylor continues handing out his year-end awards, proving not only that he has a discerning eye for games, but also that he probably wasn't hugged enough as a child.

Read Full Article

lol its true, spore had insane DRM but a pirated version was out a week before release

Liking the Episode 3 wishlist.
btw, Merry Christmas Shamus!

Yeah, this one was way funnier than last weeks. Loved the quip about Spore and Assassins Creed.

This is the funniest Stolen Pixels you have done to date.

Eagle Est1986:
Liking the Episode 3 wishlist.
btw, Merry Christmas Shamus!

Thanks! Merry Christmas right to your face!

It wasn't until I finished the comic that I realized that I never really showed his shirt. I decided to leave it obscured because then you can feel clever when you figure out what it says.

Shamus Young:
It wasn't until I finished the comic that I realized that I never really showed his shirt. I decided to leave it obscured because then you can feel clever when you figure out what it says.

It says "Hammertime" - brilliant! Gave me quite the chuckle.

Shamus Young:

Haha, I just noticed that. Thats awesome!

Hammertime an existing shirt? Or is Travis trying to buy more christmas gifts for his liquor cabinet via CafePress?

Either way, can someone provide a link to buy it?

illiterate:
Hammertime an existing shirt? Or is Travis trying to buy more christmas gifts for his liquor cabinet via CafePress?

Either way, can someone provide a link to buy it?

To my knowledge, no such shirt exists.

Alas.

Shamus Young:

Alas.

If only we had access to some sort of supply of custom shirts.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN.

Loved the Episode 3 panel, and totally agree; Valve should have release the damn thing by now. Of course, them taking this long, while hindering my ability to play the game, makes me think that within the walls of Valve, something very, very amazing is being produced. Either that, or they're milking time so when they do release it, so many people will have been frazzled with anticipation, Valve can expect lots, and lots, and lots of sales in the first week or so.

Either way... I can't wait.

And... I don't think Valve should show Alyx's goodies. Mostly because that would most likely garner a dangerous AO rating, or mothers around the nation would berate it forever, 'cuz nipples=devil or something like that... Otherwise... I gotta say... Alyx is pretty hot. *Shame*

EDIT: Oh yeah, Shamus\Artist who drew Travis (Jessica Fielhauer), one of you knows how to make cool gaming shirts. And one of you could be making extra moo-lah on the side from this, I'm sure. Or, the Escapist could, depending on their copyrights and such...

Your delicious, honey-making face.

This got me giggling, mostly because honey is essentially bee vomit. Delicious, delicious bee vomit. Now I simply have to get rid of the mental image of Haze soldiers making honey. Argh.

This one was definitely better than your previous comic. I think it might be because the jokes explain themselves if you look closely enough. I don't know much about Spore or Assassin's Creed, but I can spot "Bore" easily enough, and claiming that a game about assassins was great except for that tacked on bit about assassins is a classic joke in a different form.

Kross:

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN.

Trademark phrase + trademark character + T-shirt = profit! What could possibly go wrong?! :)

Kross:

Shamus Young:

Alas.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN.

Green and red Kross, really?

I love the last entry on the Episode 3 list. Wouldn't we all love that to happen.

Danny Ocean:

I love the last entry on the Episode 3 list. Wouldn't we all love that to happen.

What, it's the ghoul of Christmas uptime!

Kross:

*Groaaaan*

This one is way funnier than last weeks. I love the guys shirt, I wish I had a shirt like that. You should really get SplitReason to make those :O

Kross:

Danny Ocean:

I boo you sir, I boo you most fiercely.

Shamus Young:

Kross:

Danny Ocean:

I boo you sir, I boo you most fiercely.

Payback for at least one of the videos you like to post on your blog. *shakes fist*

Ha! Great comic. A big jar of kudos for you - put it under the tree, if you like.

like the wishlist, WHOLESOMELY agree with its last visible point...
what?

Hey! our Episode 3 wish lists look a lot alike especially the part about letting Gordon use the damn sniper! And killing one of those Adviser things.

Haha, yeah he must be really happy with what Valve gave us Christmas '09...oh wait thats right, unless you like L4D expansions being sold as entirely new games, we didn't get jack from Valve.

Oh, and I agree with that list whole-heartedly :D

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here