Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

All of you saying it's Christmas he deserves the day off, this was befor Christmas. He had all week befor Christmas to make the video, instead he lazes around. Well you know what? I expect something new next week even though Christmas was somewhere in there.

For everyone complaining realize that he needs a christmas holiday too.

liked the reals of all the reviews, that summed it up pretty well i guess.

For anyone still stuck on the quiz, remember that at some point someone posts the full transcript of the review on the forums. Once I realised this it only took me about half an hour to finish.

BTW I forgot why I don't visit the ZP section of the forum anymore - a lot of you helped me to remember, and I thank you for that.

I thought it was a good idea, besides you cant work once EVERY week :P

I show that to my friends and they say "That's what you do every Wednesday"
Its almost like having REAL friends in college when you show them neat websites.
The "Trampled under the company brontosaurus" one is classic

Nice clips for the video.

bit dissapointing but i wouldn't be working that close to christmas myself, be to pissed

Yea a new review woulda been nice, PoP or maybe he could look at Little big planet, its overdue that game needs a yahtzee review because its pure genuis

Also i loved the ilot episode of game damage keep up the good work.

Wow. 12 pages of waaaaah. another first for the escapist

Stickle Bricks, pudding, and baboons... Yep, that made my day!

If you're still stuck on number 2, it's on page 2 of the ZP archive and has a 2 in it.

where was the halo up its own ass jk that was funny halos is so over hyped its a shit game

brabz:
Was kind of hoping for something new rather than a retrospective. Would have liked to see "Prince of Persia" review or maybe "Gears 2"

prince of persia is rubbish

I LOVE YOU YAHTZEE!!!! YOUR THE REASON I CAN TO THE ESCAPIST!!! sorry for the screaming but i had to do it.

For me, I hit a glitch on #23...it won't take the correct answer. I copy/pasted from the review page multiple times and I double-checked by watching the video, and it IS the correct answer.

Only 4 hours left for me to get a badge! :(

I found this page really helpful: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Zero_Punctuation

Let me start off by saying I absolutely love Zero Punc. and thus I'm not going to berate him over one (okay maybe two) poor segments in an otherwise brilliant and intelligent series. I absolutely love his style and honesty, and first and foremost thank you Ben.

This segment was truly horrid, though, as each one of those jokes BEGS to be in context. I've seen every single ZP episode, most 3-4 times and I still didn't laugh once at the parts I love in context.

It also had a very hashed together feel.

For those defending this saying "It's Christmas, the guy deserves a break", think about Yahtzee himself would say about that. Releasing unfinished, poor quality unimaginative product and then saying "well we needed a break". He would trash them for that, and rightly so. Not to mention he makes one review a week, and can even make several and use one at a later date (that's what I'd do).

Anyway, I'm sure the next episode will be just as good as the others, and thus Yahtzee remains the greatest game reviewer. Thanks for all the laughs and entertainment, sir.

P.S. Probably also the only thing keeping The Escapist afloat =X

-Brett

Thats possibly a good point, when you hold others at such a high standard, others will hold you at an equally high standard. Not that we would have it any other way, Its nice that -someone- holds the industry to a standard, but sometimes there is a backlash because of it.

Keep up the good work Ben, and we look forward to seeing more of your brilliant brain child next year!

i got the badge! watch it shine in the light! but yahtzee should review call of duty world at war, gears 2 and prince of persia.

Hey, I thought he did a great job of putting a whole year of reviews together in under 5 minutes. To those who said, "Well, he didn't make anything new, waaaah," he's done that before. Anyone remember the console rundown? Also, to you same people, the review still made you laugh, didn't it? Good, then shut up. Besides, can you make a better review video over the holidays? No? Well then shut up again. Yahtzee knows what he's doing, and he probably knows more about why he does something than you.

Anyway, I wait in glee for his next review to smash hyped games into tiny pieces, praise overlooked gems, and overall be who everyone here loves to watch him be.

P.S. I like to think that Unforgotten Realms is also keeping the Escapist afloat.

dude who cares Pit Bull Arlovski is gonna kick Fedor's ass next month http://tinyurl.com/3plvuh

classic lines an all but a clip show???

Just a recap of old ZPs? Very disappointing

Yeah but did he put this together or did the Escapist?

nice nice nice. Say, jw, anychance you could review some ps3 games? lets say, resistance 2, or Littlebigplanet. oh oh , or even socom even thought that game isnt my favorite. Just curiouse to see what you would come up with :P
btww, how the hell do you come up with these things lmfao

ecthlipsis:

For those defending this saying "It's Christmas, the guy deserves a break", think about Yahtzee himself would say about that. Releasing unfinished, poor quality unimaginative product and then saying "well we needed a break".

Ah but we're talking about a free product here aren't we?
Yahtzee reviews games in which you pay for. That would be a good argument if you were actually paying for his work, as it stands it's a moot point.

Nice try though. :]

smallharmlesskitten:

I don't consider these Zero Punctuation threads part of The Escapist really, it attracts too much the lowest denominator. :]

Vlane:

There was no Jericho clip because it's a clip show of 2008 not 2007.

HEY! if yahtzee can cop-out on homecoming,, he shouldn't have a problem with going outside the boundaries.. especially not when it comes to entertaining.

fat american:
All of you saying it's Christmas he deserves the day off, this was befor Christmas. He had all week befor Christmas to make the video, instead he lazes around. Well you know what? I expect something new next week even though Christmas was somewhere in there.

Of course you should expect to be catered to. For something that Yahtzee hasn't had a repree from in yonks, this one week was obviously over the line. A vaccation? How DARE HE! Yes, your demands are sure to go far. Contenue demanding and ordering to be entertained, ungrateful tit.

yawn

CG55:
Hey, I thought he did a great job of putting a whole year of reviews together in under 5 minutes. To those who said, "Well, he didn't make anything new, waaaah," he's done that before. Anyone remember the console rundown? Also, to you same people, the review still made you laugh, didn't it? Good, then shut up. Besides, can you make a better review video over the holidays? No? Well then shut up again. Yahtzee knows what he's doing, and he probably knows more about why he does something than you.

Anyway, I wait in glee for his next review to smash hyped games into tiny pieces, praise overlooked gems, and overall be who everyone here loves to watch him be.

P.S. I like to think that Unforgotten Realms is also keeping the Escapist afloat.

Much as I dislike posting on Zero Punctuation threads, I really have to call this guy out.
In answer to your first question, yes I remember the console rundown, and I shrugged and let it slide. I did so with this one as well. Did this make me laugh? No. I've already heard the jokes, and out of context they lose any charm they originally had. Could I do better? I don't know. I don't think so. But that argument is fundamentally flawed. Can I make games? No. Can I tell you when one is a cop-out piece of shit? Yes. Just because I can't do something better than the person doing said action, does not mean I can't critiscise them for it.

Despite all that, I do agree with you fundamentally, just not your arguments.

like in short, showing u how rubbish today games is. too much focus on eye candy and less in gameplay. except few notable games (gta 4, fallout 3 etc.)

nice clip show man keep it up

Since Yahtzee was lazy, I guess I will be, too. They* should have put in a caption to show which review each quote was coming from.

*I'm assuming Yahtzee didn't make this or he would have introed it, and given us something funny at the end

If I was paying for it, I'd be annoyed and disappointed. But seeing as as it's free (I know I pay for my broadband, but ZP isn't the only reason I go online, there's overcompensating too!) I don't really see how I can complain...and the quiz meant I went back through some older reviews and lol'd into Christmas!

Yahtzee reviews games in which you pay for. That would be a good argument if you were actually paying for his work, as it stands it's a moot point.

Richard Groovy Pants:

ecthlipsis:

For those defending this saying "It's Christmas, the guy deserves a break", think about Yahtzee himself would say about that. Releasing unfinished, poor quality unimaginative product and then saying "well we needed a break".

smallharmlesskitten:

I don't consider these Zero Punctuation threads part of The Escapist really, it attracts too much the lowest denominator. :]

The principal theme is the same, regardless of the product or cost imo.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here