Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

That seemed a little dumb, I was hoping for a new review. But I suppose for its all good, it can be Yahtzee's Christmas present.
Yeah baby, check out my new Badge!!

Oh joy, a clip show....

But on the plus side, it's right before Christmas, so it will be quickly forgotten in a big bowl of Eggnog.

With triple brandy.

Chased with Jack Daniels.

That wasn't as great as usual, but it was fucking funny to listen to Yahtzee with the Leekspin music in the background.
Rather humorous.

For all you wankers complaining, give the damn guy a holiday. It is christmas eve.

Let's copy/paste and design a badge compo to keep the punters happy rather than engineer new footage where Yahtzee gives us an overview of the past year, thoughts about the industry and a possible outlook at what's to come/how it may evolve etc. Yeah, and calling it The Year in Review - 2008 is much less confusing than "Best Of Yahtzee Jokes in 2008", i.e. what it actually is.

Say, since this ends with "2008", does that mean we'll get a "Best Of Yahtzee's Jokes in 20XX" reel the following years around this time as well? I'd like to be prepared next time.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

PS: For all you guys complaining about you guys complaining - it's not like Yahtzee is doing this for free, or on the day right before the video's release, or that a suitable title would have resolved the confusion rather elegantly.

The only joke there I actually found funny outside of context was the last one (video stops with the audio repeating, then errors out, then the whistle for a bamboo line)

Meh.

Yahtzee taking a day off = Fine.
A clip show instead of an actual episode though = Not fine.
All the jokes absolutely FAILING out of context = Also not fine.

I could rant on about how unimpressed I am, but I'd be wasting my time, I'll just note this, it's not Christmas just yet, it's Christmas Eve.

-Awaits the next episode-

worst crap ever, can't believe yahtzee has sunk down mainstream tv show level

Well slightly dissapointed with the clip show, but 'tis the season so 'tis forgiven just wouldn't have gotten my hopes up as much this week with my fingers crossed for a Gears 2 or Prince of Persia review.

This was probably thrown together by escapist staff....

My money says that Yathzee is currently in the canary Islands sipping cocktails whilst ringing in the new year by shoving dollers into a strippers thong. And well he should be, he brought us so much joy over the year he deserves some time off.

lame really lame

Well I enjoyed it. The games that get reviewed are usually crap that no self respecting person has any interest in anyway. Would love to see a real game get reviewed, like battlefield 2 or 2142

A year in review clip show...
I was not impressed.
And I agree with Somekindawizard, Yahtzee is probably doing something far more interesting than fueling our addictions.

somekindawizard:
This was probably thrown together by escapist staff....

My money says that Yathzee is currently in the canary Islands sipping cocktails whilst ringing in the new year by shoving dollers into a strippers thong. And well he should be, he brought us so much joy over the year he deserves some time off.

its sounds like yathzee is the next santa...

Yeah guys! You are ALL so right!
Because Yahtzee OWES you, right?
I mean, you come ALL THE WAY to a website to see the video, so he totally owes you!

And you know what else? I bet you he's reading these comments...and is really really sad and sorry. He's so sorry that you're upset he took a day off from providing a FREE weekly video to have some holiday time.

It's a good thing we're all posting our angst on a forum, so everyone can see how upset we are.

/sarcasm

Funny clips, good memories, and I'm workin' on that contest!
Happy Holidays, Yahtzee (Who is TOTALLY reading this)!

I didn't expect a clip show, and I'm kinda bummed. In fact, I demand restitution for time lost! (just kidding)

pop9888:
Oh god yes! I've been waiting for yahtzee to review this one for ages! Yah!

pop9888:
well this kind of sucks...

That made me laugh very much so.

this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin xmas to you too.

I was looking forward to seeing the best of yahtzee - but it wasnt good as good as i'd hoped

ITT: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Give the guy a break. It's Christmas Eve.

Ben, you said you had far cry ready, right? Surely ou could have given us that. Oh well, merry christmahanukah, festivus or winterval

that was just lazy yahtzee. but i suppose everyone deserves the holidays off. good job yahtzee...well not really but whatever

uppitycracker:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin xmas to you too.

Yep, Zp owes you...

I think people are missing the point here. The year in "re"view. Yes. Re...as in again. Viewed again. Read the intro to the video. "This week, a series of our favorite Zero Punctuation jokes." Yes, Yahtzee's fun to watch, but the man can have a day off now and then without his fans acting like spoiled children. Coal and switches for the lot of you complainers!

done. that was relatively easy, and kinda pointless, but what else is christmas eve for?

gee you guys carry on like a bunch of whinging poms, it still beats a kick in the ass

This is bullshit.
Was it really so hard to sit in front of a microphone for like 2 hours, write some script, rant about ANYTHING even remotely related to gaming and leave instructions for someone on how to make the pictures and animations?

The Christmas is no excuse, he could have prepared this ZP weeks ago and it should be even better than the usual.

Really, a clip show?

People should really lay off.
Yes it wasn't as good as a review but its Chirstmas and the fella has better things to do at this time of year.

Merry Christmas.

Kukul:
This is bullshit.
Was it really so hard to sit in front of a microphone for like 2 hours, write some script, rant about ANYTHING even remotely related to gaming and leave instructions for someone on how to make the pictures and animations?

The Christmas is no excuse, it should be even better on that day.

you tell em champ, you da man

And here I lit my candles, cuddled up in my blanket, made a drink and put on some Barry White because it was Wednesday and it was time, oh wonderful time to watch my favorite show on the Internet and it was a... clip show. Ah well, it was still good.

I liked it, made me remember some of the old jokes. Unfortionatly I remembered all but NUMBER NINE! Grrrr

No wait just got it

I was hoping for something more interesting than that. Ah well... prolly he wasn't in the mood to "work" on Christmas eve or whatever.

The guy deserves a break. Are you really so pissed that your little internet show wasn't on this week? Oh boo hoo.

Schap3lleCorby:

Kukul:
This is bullshit.

The Christmas is no excuse, it should be even better on that day.

you tell em champ, you da man

I'd like to see you keep it up that regularly. He doesn't work for you. He works for the Escapist. And they gave him the day off. Now chillax both of you.

You are aware that clip-shows are the antichrist, right?

Bad Yahtzee.

BAD.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook