Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

gibboss28:

pop9888:
Oh god yes! I've been waiting for yahtzee to review this one for ages! Yah!

pop9888:
well this kind of sucks...

That made me laugh very much so.

This is why you don't reply to get first comment without watching the movie first kids... it makes you look like an idiot.

Lmao, amazing.

D_987:

uppitycracker:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin xmas to you too.

Yep, Zp owes you...

Damn right ZP owes me. I'm here every wednesday at the same damn time, posting this link to all my co-workers, ready to be amused. That's cool you're willing to accept this letdown of a video, but I dunno, I guess after never being disappointed by one of of his videos, I just can't help but feel horribly let down. You don't like it, don't read my post. Now, did you have something actually worthwhile to contribute?

Yeah, Kukul. You ask for your money back. Twit.

well of course he can take a break, I don't mind, form me vid did just kind of dissapointed me, cous it was all quite random. It's not so much a year review as it is a collection of slices from previous reviews.

anyway happy hollidays yathtzee and everyone else, lookin forward to your next (real) review ;)

I was eagerly awaiting the next ZP but was a bit let down by the clip show, at least I can ammuse myself by doing the contest

P.S. Note to Yahtzee: Even clip shows usually have at least "some" new content :)

justdan:
And here I lit my candles, cuddled up in my blanket, made a drink and put on some Barry White because it was Wednesday and it was time...

Now that is one of the funniest things I've read in the forums. :)

there is a glitch with number 16 it wont accept the right answer

yeah it will

jebussaves88:
The guy deserves a break. Are you really so pissed that your little internet show wasn't on this week? Oh boo hoo.

Schap3lleCorby:

Kukul:
This is bullshit.
Was it really so hard to sit in front of a microphone for like 2 hours, write some script, rant about ANYTHING even remotely related to gaming and leave instructions for someone on how to make the pictures and animations?

The Christmas is no excuse, it should be even better on that day.

you tell em champ, you da man

I'd like to see you keep it up that regularly. He doesn't work for you. He works for the Escapist. And they have him the day off. Now chillax both of you.

sarcasm never comes thru in forums :/ as if id endorse what im willing to bet will almost certainly end up being the single dumbest thing said in this thread.

Ah, what a great year it has been! So many great games and I'm still not done with them. :) (Really digging SSFTHDR)

A warm merry Christmas to everyone at The Escapist Community!

That was really fucking disappointing.

Kukul:
This is bullshit.
Was it really so hard to sit in front of a microphone for like 2 hours, write some script, rant about ANYTHING even remotely related to gaming and leave instructions for someone on how to make the pictures and animations?

The Christmas is no excuse, he could have prepared this ZP weeks ago and it should be even better than the usual.

is it just me or does this sound really really selfish?

uppitycracker:

D_987:

uppitycracker:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin Xmas to you too.

Yep, Zp owes you...

Damn right ZP owes me. I'm here every Wednesday at the same damn time, posting this link to all my co-workers, ready to be amused. That's cool you're willing to accept this letdown of a video, but I dunno, I guess after never being disappointed by one of of his videos, I just can't help but feel horribly let down. You don't like it, don't read my post. Now, did you have something actually worthwhile to contribute?

That was worthwhile - I'm trying to prove to you how idiotic you sound...

. Your ranting about a FREE video.
. On Christmas Eve
. Your reasoning is the fact you post the link to your co-workers (because that really gives you a right to moan about free content (/sarcasm])

If you actually feel you have a right to complain, then you must be pretty pathetic; I didn't like the episode but I didn't think Escapist forumers could be so childish as to actually rant about it...

"Merry effin Xmas to you too", that made me laugh - is your Christmas experience ruined because you couldn't see a new free comedy video on a website you visit only to watch ZP?

Grow up...

Aztek463:
Eh...that was a bit of a disappointment.

agreed but it did have its moments of funny

Just having won the contest, I'll give you all some hints to secure my title here as lamest guy with nothing else better to do:

1 - Oh no you didn't song, remember that?
2 - Main character's first name is the same as the most popular character's in Street Fighter
3 - He only reviewed two mario games, I'll let you figure out which.
4 - Your favorite nintendo characters collide!
5 - Quick time sequence sex mini games.
6 - Yahtzee devotes this video to showing his appreciation for fanboys.
7 - Protagonist is a big douche, with a big sword - wears red.
8 - Dinosaur fps game
9 - A mario-type platformer with time manipulating gameplay
10 - Yahtzee's top 5
11- HALO, give and take two letters
12 - Long ass cutscenes..
13 - Spielberg raped the latest version.

(Just found something better to do - hope that helped)

he actually did a great job putting all of the review together in to one big one, but when will he review little big planet!!!???

lol... it's not just me I saw now :)

I'm a little disappointed, but the contest sort of makes up for it.

forget this post i found out what i did wrong

*shows off new badge*

That's right. I'm a veteran.

Well, this was surely nostalgic. The dick in the pudding reference and the bug in games ones were my favourite.

You deserve a time-out Yahtzee, enjoy those holidays.

---
---
<---- New badge.

lazy

pop9888:
Oh god yes! I’ve been waiting for yahtzee to review this one for ages! Yah!

I actually LOL'd at this.
so this dude got banned for this?, why?, to me it looks like he was being facetious.

Weeeeell I would take part in the contest, but I remember only 6-9 reviews out of 26...

so this dude got banned for this?, why?, to me it looks like he was being facetious.

He didn't watch it, because he posted it too fast. And it's not really a review.

S_K:
This is why you don't reply to get first comment without watching the movie first kids... it makes you look like an idiot.

It also gets you banned. Forever, if you do it more than once.

Go team internet!

D_987:

uppitycracker:

D_987:

uppitycracker:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin Xmas to you too.

Yep, Zp owes you...

Damn right ZP owes me. I'm here every Wednesday at the same damn time, posting this link to all my co-workers, ready to be amused. That's cool you're willing to accept this letdown of a video, but I dunno, I guess after never being disappointed by one of of his videos, I just can't help but feel horribly let down. You don't like it, don't read my post. Now, did you have something actually worthwhile to contribute?

That was worthwhile - I'm trying to prove to you how idiotic you sound...

. Your ranting about a FREE video.
. On Christmas Eve
. Your reasoning is the fact you post the link to your co-workers (because that really gives you a right to moan about free content (/sarcasm])

If you actually feel you have a right to complain, then you must be pretty pathetic; I didn't like the episode but I didn't think Escapist forumers could be so childish as to actually rant about it...

"Merry effin Xmas to you too", that made me laugh - is your Christmas experience ruined because you couldn't see a new free comedy video on a website you visit only to watch ZP?

Grow up...

Yeah, ranting about a free video. So fuckin what. On Christmas Eve. Yeah, you know, some people spend their time at places like work, kinda hoping for something to help pass the day. And on christmas eve of all days, we get this bullshit excuse of a video to the gallery. Wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't grown to expect quite a bit more out of ZP. And you know what? Damn fuckin straight I have a right to complain. It's the people that bring traffic through this site that help support it. Considering this is the most worthwhile reason to come here, why the fuck wouldn't I complain?

Oh, and no, sorry for the confusion, the co-worker thing was in no way my reasoning. Just some rant I threw in there for no good reason. Take it how you will though, whatever gets you off buddy. And the merry effin xmas part? More of a joke than anything. Why don't you grow up, or at least develop a sense of humor. Now, I ask again, because you have yet to do so. Anything worthwhile to contribute, or you just gonna pretend you're doing the world a favor by singling out my post with your half assed attempts at proving how "idiotic i sound"?

birdmaster:
there is a glitch with number 16 it wont accept the right answer

Yes it will, use the exact words. Or go to the Yahtzee page and copy and paste the answer you think into the answer box, if that doesn't work. Its not the right answser.

jebussaves88:
The guy deserves a break. Are you really so pissed that your little internet show wasn't on this week? Oh boo hoo.

Schap3lleCorby:

Kukul:
This is bullshit.

The Christmas is no excuse, it should be even better on that day.

you tell em champ, you da man

I'd like to see you keep it up that regularly. He doesn't work for you. He works for the Escapist. And they gave him the day off. Now chillax both of you.

I know he works for the Escapist, but as a consumer (I know it's free but they still get money from me) I have the right to bitch.
I wouldn't be pissed if they just said "we screwed up, sorry" but bragging about that stupid badge I don't give a shit about (like about all of them) was just lame.

Getting the badge would be tantamount to declaring yourself a fanboy for Yahtzee. Admittedly there are far worse things to be a fanboy of (*cough*Final Fantasy(*cough*7)) but it almost seems that taking part in this good natured contest over a reviewer whom I've become a fan of opens the door to be one of the many jack asses that get made fun of in the reviews...

Or have I finally stumbled upon why I sometimes feel like Yahtzee is talking about me...?

uppitycracker:
Yeah, ranting about a free video. So fuckin what. On Christmas Eve. Yeah, you know, some people spend their time at places like work, kinda hoping for something to help pass the day. And on christmas eve of all days, we get this bullshit excuse of a video to the gallery. Wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't grown to expect quite a bit more out of ZP. And you know what? Damn fuckin straight I have a right to complain. It's the people that bring traffic through this site that help support it. Considering this is the most worthwhile reason to come here, why the fuck wouldn't I complain?

Oh, and no, sorry for the confusion, the co-worker thing was in no way my reasoning. Just some rant I threw in there for no good reason. Take it how you will though, whatever gets you off buddy. And the merry effin xmas part? More of a joke than anything. Why don't you grow up, or at least develop a sense of humor. Now, I ask again, because you have yet to do so. Anything worthwhile to contribute, or you just gonna pretend you're doing the world a favor by singling out my post with your half assed attempts at proving how "idiotic i sound"?

Then leave this site and don't watch Zero Punctuation - your pathetic attempts at complaining are not going to change anything; its just proving how idiotic you really are.

Nobody here will miss you...

That was a bit of a let down...

7 - Protagonist is a big douche, with a big sword - wears red.

Dante in Devil May Cry 1 to 3.
if the answer is Devil May Cry 4, then Nero actually wears Blue, with red trim.

if the question is "big douche, with a big laptop - that wears white and black"
then the answer is me!

Abedeus:
He didn't watch it, because he posted it too fast. And it's not really a review.

Actually, I would have thought it was hilarious if he hadn't posted "this sucks" after that. However, it is still "The Year In Review" and ignoring the first post mentality it's a pretty amusing pun whether you watched the video or not.

D_987:

uppitycracker:

Then leave this site and don't watch Zero Punctuation - your pathetic attempts at complaining are not going to change anything; its just proving how idiotic you really are.

Nobody here will miss you...

Haha it's really a good thing, then, that I could care less about anyone here. You dont like the complaining? Maybe you should't spend your time reading the comments on the page. Or visiting the forums. I dunno, maybe you better avoid the internet at all costs. Because you'll find enough of it there, that damn man, your little quest to prove how "idiotic people sound" just might consume the rest of your life. I'm done with this little pissing contest you seem so determined to win. I hope you got your little ego boost you were shooting for. Man, people like you never cease to amuse me.

Abedeus:
Weeeeell I would take part in the contest, but I remember only 6-9 reviews out of 26...

did he now?, if he did post it too fast and not watch the video I would like to retract my previous statement.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here